Esteemed Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of November 26

Good Afternoon!  It is another warm day here, and I think it will be warm again tomorrow before a cool down on Tuesday.  I am not complaining, since I much prefer heat to cold.  Nothing exciting going on here.   i have been to church and the gym, and plan to visit DH in a little while.  Hoping he will be more awake today.

The plumber is coming tomorrow to drain my hot water heater and check on the outside pipe insulation.  I forgot about my strong bones class, so I'll need to miss it tomorrow.  And, I'll probably miss the next week as well since there is an information session about a new class of interest that morning.  Oh well....

Hope you are feeling better, Barbara.  Also hope your day is going okay, Claudia and chessielady.

Sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of November 26

Thank you for starting the thread, Linda...I have had a busy day of singing...2 services this morning where I sang my solo plus the anthem and allof the hymns. Then I just returned from an almost 3 hour practice for our Christas concert . I think I am pretty well sung out..🎶🎶

i received ver a lot of compliments from people on my solo. I have a pretty big voice which I do not use when iamwitha choir.  And I wasn’t too nervous considering the mic plug came unhooked...which was a quick fix. 

It is warm. I am looking forward to cooler temps later this week.

i am having a holiday open house next Saturday to introduce my skincare line and enjoy some of my friends. It will be pretty simple.

have a good evening.

Respected Contributor

Wow! I imagine you're sung out, Barbara. I'm glad your solo went well. It definitely was not warm hard-working 32°.

Chessielady, I was reading the online news and saw an article that for the next few weeks the Royal Navy is taking over the changing of the guard for the first time in the ceremony's history. They will also be serving as guards at Windsor Castle, the Tower of London, and St. James Palace. This is part of the year of the navy celebrations.

Linda, it's good the plumber will be checking the water heater and pipes. Too bad you'll miss your class. I hope your DH is not as sleepy today.

R worked on clearing his tools off the dining table today and made great progress. He has a habit of piling things on any flat surface and not putting them away. Due to his accident this was more so. The only thing left is the box of his meds. Now to tackle some other flat surfaces. It drives me crazy but I'm glad he felt up to going through things as I didn't have any idea what tools went where.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Respected Contributor

It is going to be a bit cooler after today...looking forward to that. I had a massage this morning...always feel better after one. V is off playing bridge..I may head over o Hobby Lobby to get some gift cards for my girls. We have angel trees at church so I chose one that also wats a hobby lobby gift card. 

Ms possible new boss sells lularoe...I have been wanting to try it but they mix a lot of prints,which I do no do. She put together a cute outfit for me...leggings a shirt and topper. Syd has a pair of leggings and the material,is beautiful. I will wait to see if I like it. 

Nothing exciting today...hope everyone is having a good day.

(((Hugs)))

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Well I spent the morning doing more leaf clean up. I finished and went inside for a cup of tea ...looked out the window and I had half as many leaves back on the ground! I hate leaf clean up! I'm all packed and ready to fly away on Saturday. I fly at night..sleep on the plane and hit the road running! I probably won't be posting till I get back on the 10th. I will try and keep notes on what I do and where I go. I am so excited to go back to London! i have some stuff to set up for husband so he can deal with the dogs. I have a friend or two checking in to make sure all goes well! Every one have a great day!
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Glad R was able to go through things, Claudia.  Hope things are going well there today.

I have not tried that clothing brand, Barbara.  I think there is some controversy about how they handle their consultants, but I can't remember what it is.  I know several people who really love them, so I'll be interested in how you like the outfit.  You certainly do a lot of singing, but I know people appreciate it.  I don't mind the idea of slightly cooler weather, but not cold.  

Leaf collection can be frustrating like that chessielady.  Your trip is very soon -- how exciting.  I thought it was pretty neat that Prince Harry is engaged.

DH was very sleepy again today.  If this continues until Thursday, I will talk to the hospice nurse about it.  Not sure if it is the medicine or his body.  Pretty upsetting that he only stays awake long enough to eat.  The caregiver yesterday told me some very disturbing stories about a different building in DH's facility.  I talked to a different caregiver and director today, and I think she cannot be relied upon to tell the story without lots of exaggeration and even false information.  This is not the first time she upset me this way, but from now on I will consider her "chicken little."  

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

So much for the cleared off table. R started sorting more things and guess where they are - on the table. The good news is we found the code for the side door. Both the front and side doors hAve keypad deadbolt but with different combinations. I may sex up the combination for the side door and somehow the keys weren't where we thought. Luckily I thought of going to the company's website and looking under frequently asked questions.

Have a wonderful trip, chessielady. I can't wait to hear about it. Good that you can hit the ground running. It's also good you have things set up for your husband and someone else to check in.

Leaf cleanup is a pain. I hate those chores that shortly after you do them, they need done again. That includes dusting , sweeping, and dishes.

Barbara, a friend in Michigan likes that line of clothing. I'll be interested in your opinion.

I'm sorry your DH is sleeping so much, Linda. I wonder if they could tweak his medicine a bit. I hope you get some answers from his nurse.

Respected Contributor

Good Morning ladies!

I saw Lularoe and had to comment. Linda you are so correct about the contraversy with their consultants. 

Oh my..it is bad. I know a couple in our area. She wasn't one - she got out when the pressure was started... but they do pressure you to go deep in debt to meet sales goals and some have claimed they were pressured into selling their eggs. Too many came forward with that claim not to have some truth in it.

My daughter used to love that line and has quite the collection and even before the contraversy hit she was having quality issues..fading and holes and wear/tear easy. Come to find out many were having the same issues. A lot of the consultants including one she used to use closed up shop, changed her phone # and deleted her Facebook.

She linked me to several pages as they had drawings to win free items and it was random. We were both lucky and won quite a bit - I would never wear any of it so she kept what she liked and sold the rest lol..

At first I thought the quality control issues was from people wearing them that otherwise would not be able to fit - and thus putting pressure on the seams until I saw my daughter's...and they were pulling apart - had holes in them and the fading.

It is a shame as the company was an overnight hit until they took the greed to another level.  Now you cannot find any consultants locally and everybody is selling off their clothing - and if they are NWT (new with tags) you can make your money back just about.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it was cooler today..in fact, I needed a light jacket this morning.  We played cards ad I just got back from choir practice. I will make turkey ala king to finish it up...v likes that.

Linda, sorry Dh is so sleepy. I wonder if it is another phase of the disease..it is too bad thatcaretaker upset you so much. But I am glad the director helped you. 

Coupon auuen..I have heard the horror stories about lularoe. My dil has a friend who lost thousands of dollars trying to get out. I will let you know about the quality..my dd is happy with her daughters leggings.

Claudia..hope r has cleaned up some of his reorganization. Vs desk in the office is total chaos....I am pretty tidy, in contrast.

chessielady have a great trip.. England will be a buzz with the engagement news. 

Sleep well everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Interesting about Lularoe.  My nephew's wife had a friend who was a consultant, but I was confused about bidding on clothing, etc.  Also, I don't wear print pants, leggings, or whatever, and that seemed to be what they featured.  It is a shame that some of the consultants had such a difficult time.  Hope the items you and M ordered turn out okay, Barbara.  I think Kathleen (other thread) has been happy with several of her purchases from there.

I have been wearing a jacket, actually the IM hoodie every morning for a while.  It has been getting hot later in the day, but early in the morning, it has been in the low 50's.  Of course, I am a weather wimp.  You and V keep very busy.  Glad you will be finishing up the turkey.  

Sorry about the table mess, Claudia.  One step forward two steps back sometimes.  Hope your day went okay.

The senior lunch program went okay, as did the gym.  Seems like several machines are not working, including one of those in my regular routine.  But, not a big deal. 

DH was more awake when I arrived, but he nodded off several times.  I plan to discuss this this the nurse, and it may well be a phase of the disease.  The caregiver told me that he didn't want to get up for lunch, and he just ate around 3:00.  Amazingly enough, he ate again at 4:30 or so.  Really glad he is such a nice man.  I saw one of the ladies coming out of the room of a bedridden man, and she was carrying some medicated cream and wipes.  I told the caregiver who said that she had been doing this sort of thing all day.  Her husband is there, but he falls asleep, etc.  What a mess.

I signed up to go on a trip Friday after next to a theater trip with the senior lunch program group.  It is a very lighthearted theater, and it should be amusing. Gift from me to me.  We received our Medicare information for next year, and we will be paying considerably more (mostly due to DH's investments).  Oh well.

Like Claudia, I am looking forward to hearing about your trip, chessielady.

Army DGS found out that his new college (4-year) will start in early January, and he needs to pay in a couple of weeks.  Fortunately, it is not expensive, and I have time to get the money from his 529 account. Whew.

Sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda