Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of November 22

I hope the prednisone helps, Barbara. Its a good idea to make the dressing ahead of time. Its good V is seeing the doctor tomorrow. I've told R he needs to be very aware the cellulitis can flare up again.

The dogs are more the problem with decorations as the  (especially Tippy's tail) are mostly upstairs. I decorated quite a bit when the kids were young. Paddington, our first newfie, would go under the tree and back out wearing a string of lights.

Spookit is exploring more of the upstairs before scurrying back to "her room".

I bet the wreath will be lovely, Linda. It never hurts to have a " side gig". I'm glad the air conditioning is working well. It is still chilly here.

I had to pick Griffyn's pills up this morning at Wal-Mart. I saw there was little stock of paper towels and toilet paper again. I know some have said on other forums that there were no Marie Callendar pumpkin pies. This store had plenty.

Tomorrow is R's imex test so we'll be gone much of the day.

Respected Contributor

it is cool enough that I may put socks on..the tile floors get cold. The turkey was not completely thawed so I had todo the cold water soak. That was after it had been in the fridge since Saturday. 

I asked m what she was cooking and she said nothing.,the turkeys were huge and Sydnie does not like dressing or green bean casserole. So they are doing take out from Olive Garden...lol. Guess I know what I will be fixing for Xmas dinner.

Linda..interesting that all of yiur grands have side gigs. I have had a few..my skin care line, some knitting commissions, tutoring, editing, piano lessons. It was always fun to have the extra cash. Right now..I do nothing except skin care. 

I am feeling better...

Claudia..pepper used to like to knock down the low lying ornaments.but m said she has been good this year so far.hope rs test goes well and the roads are good.

Lina, I forgot to mention that we have experienced street repairs several times and have had no problem getting in or out.,in fact, the last 2 2 years ago and this summer, they designed it so we could get our car in and out of the driveway. 

I will post tomorrow. 🦃🦃🦃🍁🍁🌵

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Hope R's  imex test went okay, Claudia.  Interesting about the dogs.  I don't think my dogs ever bothered the Christmas tree, but they were all small, so no danger of tail wagging causing problems.

Glad you are feeling better today, Barbara.  That is funny about M's Thanksgiving dinner.  DD decided to order from Honey Baked Ham -- ham and turkey.  She has been very stressed with school, and was pretty disappointed with her mark on the first test despite tons of studying. She got enough to "pass" (80%), but had spent a huge amount of time studying.  Hopefully, she will do better on the next test.  

She said DGS' wife was thrilled with my wreath order, and she ordered one today.  She is having her make a centerpiece (year-round type), and it will be put up on her etsy page so people can see what a custom job could be.  I may well order a small one myself.

As you may have seen on the other thread, I had a test at the eye doctor today, and later the technician called to say she had tested the wrong eye.  I told her that the doctor had agreed that they would not test my left eye ("lazy eye") because it was extremely painful the first time -- they never could get the results.  So, I hope the doctor just made a mistake.  I have no plans to have that eye tested.  

The hospice coordinator had the mailings ready for me to assemble, so I am happy to get that done today.  On Friday, I will take them to the Post Office, and pick-up supplies for delivery.

So, it has turned out to be a pretty busy day for me.  I did pick out my OLLI classes yesterday evening -- lots of classes this time.  Five one session classes and four multiple sessions (as few as two and as many as 12_.  I may not get all of them, but it was difficult to narrow it down when there were so many good choices.  

Thanks for the information about the street repairs, Barbara.  I really hope that I won't have problems.  They are in a terrible state at this point, and this is just the curbs.

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

We got home just at dark. Partway home R pulled over and I took over driving because of his lower back pain. Luckily I got to town just before it got too dark for me to drive otherwise I would have pulled over and had R drive. As we came out of the medical office I got a cramp in my left leg and hobbled to the car. It was raining pretty good at the time.

The leaves out front have been picked up. The body pillow also arrived. The box wasn't soaked through. I was worried at first but it must not have been sitting on the porch too long.

Glad you're feeling better, Barbara. I hope you and your friends enjoy your dinner tomorrow.

I bet it was difficult to narrow down your OLLi choices, Linda. I hope you get the ones you really want. I'm sure your DD will up her test score.III. she seems pretty determined. I wouldn't want to get the eye tested either.

Respected Contributor

happy Thanksgiving. The turkey will go in the oven about 1:30. I cook it in a Reynolds bag, which shortens up the cookin time. We are going to play a lot f bridge so it should be a good day.

I talked to Amie and Miley finally got the virus. She is not planning on doing their turkey until Sunday because of loss of taste. She had hoped to go back to school n Monday but she may not.

m said Pepper killed a bird this morning...naughty Pepper. 

Linda..can you message me your dgs wife's Etsy site. I love handmade things . I hope you enjoy your dinner...wish we could share it with you. 

Claudia..hope tye body pillow works fr you. I ended giving mine to Sydnie.

Happy thanksginig to you and yours.🦃🦃🦃🌵🌵💖

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you made it home okay yesterday, Claudia.  Doesn't sound like a fun drive.  Hope the body pillow helps.

DD received her study aids from Amazon yesterday, and she is very happy to have them.  Hopefully, they will be a big help for her.  My SIL took her picture today, and she looks very nice.  She continues with her very strict diet, etc., and doesn't plan to lose too much more weight (about 8 pounds will do it.)  My middle DGS' girlfriend came for dinner, and was still there when DD called.  She promised to let me know the "scoop" tomorrow.

Today is DH's younger daugher's 14th birthday, and she called to thank me for the card and check.  Her Mom and I talked for a while -- she said she is starting to worry about the hospital again, since they are getting more patients and there is more concern about COVID.  Her husband's Mother and Stepfather are coming by for a socially distanced visit in the back yard.  I forgot to ask what they are having for dinner, but no turkey for sure since she and the girls are vegetarians.

Hope you have a very nice dinner and visit, Barbara.  When those bags first came out, my SIL cooked the Thanksgiving turkey in one, but obviously didn't know how to do so properly.  My parents, MIL, etc. bravely tried to figure out how to avoid eating much if any turkey since it was undercooked.  In later years, I tried the bags, and they worked for me, but I was a bit nervous.

Sorry to hear MIley has the virus as well.  Hope everyone has their sense of taste back by Sunday.

I sent you the information about the Etsy site via Facebook messenger.

It is so very quiet here, but okay.  They finally finished one curb in the neighborhood, and it is nice.  Hope that they get others done soon.

Happy Thanksgiving to both of you and your husbands.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda, could you send me the etsy information too? Thanks.

We got back just after 3 from dinner. I was not happy to find there were 8 for dinner so glad we left shortly after 2:30.

I heard that Wednesday there were 21 new cases in the county.

I tried the body pillow last night and it seemed to help. i am still a bit stiff and sore. Elderly Toby liked it and during the night sandwiched himself between me and the pillow.

Barbara, I hope Miley recovers quickly and has no complications.

I think tomorrow morning I will be dropping R off for hunting camp. The calf where he had cellulitis still bothers him every so often with what feels like a small jab or bite. There is no swelling or redness though.

Respected Contributor

I did not realize that it is almost 3 here...that's her w much fun I am having lol. I did put my warm weather clothes away and got rid of a few things. My closet is definitely not packed any more.

we had a nice thanksgiving dinner. The electric knife quit working so v had to hand carve the turkey. I am making soup out os tye bones 

Linda, I did order a wreath from your Gdil..she had lovely things. And she sent such a nice message. I read that you got yiur hospice things done...and yes it was chilly here. I am in long sleeves and pants and some lady just zipped by on a tank top and shorts..imthinit is in the upper 50s.

Glad dd got her study aids. 

Caudia..hope r is ok on his hunting weekend. Amie said her husband wants to buy some hunting land..

vs did not have cellulitis, by the way.

enjoy the rest of the day. 🥰🥰

Respected Contributor

I have a wreath ordered too. Now I need a wreath hanger for the door.

I dropped R off for hunting camp this morning. Wasn't pleased he packed no snacks in case his glucose level gets too low. At least he packed his meter this time.

The internet keeps going down. Hopefully I'll get this posted. When I'm working upstairs I open the door to the kitten room and put a baby gate across. That way they have some exposure to the other cats. Toby continues to squeeze between me and the heated body pillow. I've heard there are heated pet beds. Maybe I should look into that for him.

I'm happy to hear V did not have cellulitis. Bet he was too.

Tonight or tomorrow I'm going to sort through my shoes. I also have some Christmas decorations to decide whether to keep or donate.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Thanks to both of you for ordering wreaths.  I know DGS' wife was thrilled. 

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving dinner, and V doesn't have cellulitis, Barbara.  I don't even remember when there was a lot of space in my closet.  LOL  I really didn't have many clothes growing up or later when I was in my 20's or early 30's.  But, since then, look out.  It started when I had a full-time job and started making enough money to buy them.  I am better, but there is a very long way to go.

I see people in shorts and tank tops this time of the year and almost shake my head.  I know that I "run cold" as it were, but I would be very uncomfortable dressed like that.  I remember one of my neighbor's sons was a runner, and always wore shorts, etc., even in the dead of winter.  

I have several of those door hangers for wreaths, Claudia.  I used to have different wreaths up during the year, and tried to color coordinate.  I was just thinking that I could cut back with no problem.  Funny about the cat and heated pillow.  Maybe Toby has arthritis or something.  Hope R does okay despite forgetting his snacks.  

Middle DGS' "girlfriend" came over for dinner, and DD said that they fit well together -- laugh at the same things, seem to like each other, and are equally "oddballs".  They stayed for hours, and DD wasn't thrilled at having to entertain for two meals, etc.  Today, she is very tired. 

I hope to get some more decorating done this evening, but I am not pushing it since I can wear myself out doing so.  I have not found anything to donate yet, but I am pretty sure that I will do so -- for example, I have larger tablecloths that I never use.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda