Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of November 22

it is another lovely day..the temps are moderating a bit..it will be in the 70s this week.

I talked to Amie and although she sounds horrible, she said they are getting better. Thank good ness. 

Nthing too exciting today...we are going to clean tomorrow and Tuesday. My rheumatologist will be telemedicine because of the virus.

Enjoy your day.🦃🦃

Honored Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of November 22

@sydsgma1  The thread's title caught my eye. Please explain what it's all about?

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Barbara.  So happy to hear that Amie and family are better.  Our weather is pretty much like yours, and I am enjoying it.

No big excitement here either.  As you may read in the other thread, I really enjoyed my Thanksgiving preview meal last night.  Don't tell my plant-based diet study group leader that I indulged in turkey.  LOL  NOt sure I will ever be a total vegan, but I am introducing much more vegan cooking/eating.

It is a shame you have to do telemedicine with your rheumatologist, but I am sure it is safer.

Hope you, R.and your furbabies are doing okay today, Claudia.  

Hi

Respected Contributor

I cancelled the Kindle Fire order today. I was using my cell phone to check email when the screen went dark. Couldn't recharge it. I discovered the charging station was at fault. I never thought of it yesterday because the cordless landline phone was working. Then silly me realized that was plugged into the wall outlet. Now I have the Kindle and my cell phone charging  on a different charging station plus I saved money.

Tippy and Griffyn found another frisbee in the yard. Griffyn was guarding it. I managed to retrieve it and hid it from them. Later i'll return it to the neighbor's yard.

I'm glad you enjoyed your preview dinner last night, Linda. I'm not sure what well have for dinner tonight.

I'm glad Amie says her family is doing better,Barbara.  I hope your telemedicine visit with your rheumatologist goes well. R had one with his VA doctor. It took several tries but we finally figured it out. I'm sure you're more comfortable with the technology.

Have a good evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you don't need a new Kindle, Claudia.  It is funny, but sometimes my devices will not charge with certain outlets.  It is pretty upsetting when that happens. 

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..another very nice day here.I have not accomplished too much, but that is the joy of being retired.

I have nothing to get rid of...that is a good feeling.my son said that after dealing with cleaning out our home..he is watching very carefully what comes into their home. I laughed. 

I do not think that I am going to dr orate very much here. We will be gone for most f December. M and syd put up the tree and decorations over the weekend. 

Linda..hope you get your car back in a timely fashion.it is good that you have lots of Olli classes to choose from.

Claudia..good you figured out the Kindle. I did get a new one because mine would not always open and tended to freeze. 

hope everyone is having a good day.🦃🦃

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  It has been a lovely day here as well, Barbara. 

I have to admit I thought the same thing as your son when my brother and I cleaned out our parents house after they passed.  Unfortunately, old habits die hard, especially when you are not moving or downsizing. I am working on it.

Probably not necessary to do much decorating in Arizona if you will not be here.  I remember when DH and I were going home to Maryland for the holidays that we discussed the idea of putting up a wreath or something, but I don't think we ended up doing so.

It is nice being retired so that you really don't have to do things on a fixed timetable like when you are working.

Hope R is doing okay today, Claudia, and your furbabies are behaving.  You will need to name your next pet Frisbee. LOL

My car was ready about noon, and the price was what they estimated.  The owner (who was the one who picked me up, etc.) said that they were able to clean out one of the parts as they hoped that they would.  If not, it would have cost another $500.00 -- yikes.

DD found that there were some recommended study aids for her course, and ordered them today.  Thank goodness they were not too expensive, but I worry about some of the other students who are unemployed, etc.  

I had a lovely visit with my friend Judy and Bev.  I had not seen Judy in ages, and she lives in the toney independent living facility.  Very small apartment, but she can walk in some lovely gardens, etc.  They are allowed to go to the dining room again, but must make reservations in advance and sit far from one another.  Both Judy and Bev are older than me, and were remarking on how different things have been during this pandemic.  

Bev is feeling okay, which is good.  And, hospice told her to call them if she is having any pain, etc.  Just no reason to deal with pain when you are in hospice and can get medication to help.

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda, I'm glad you had a good visit with Judy and Bev and the AC repair was not over the estimate. It seems you have a lot of choices for the OLLI spring session.

It's not easy to decide what to keep and what to get rid of. That's something I keep working on. R on the other hand wants to keep everything.

We did go out and purchase a 1/2" cordless drill for him after supper. He thought the drill he had was 1/2" but it was not.

I probably will not decorate much for the holidays. I do have a Thanksgiving scene on slate propped up out on the porch and a Jim Shore pumpkin and pilgrims in the dining room. Unfortunately the table still needs cleared off. I move things and R puts more down. I will have to look at Christmas items in the attic to see what to bring down. I'm not planning to buy any new items.

Since you'll be gone I don't think much decorating is necessary, Barbara.

Due to our rising numbers of Covid the county and city offices have closed to the public. The library which was open by appointment has closed also.

No more pets, Linda! I'm putting out a no vacancy sign. To my surprise Spookit came into the bedroom and settled on my hip last night for a while.

Sleep well.

Respected Contributor

it is much cooler today..not quite 70 yet. I am not having a good day. My rheumatologist put me back on prednisone to help a bit. I did get the dressing made..I like to let it sit for a couple of days. V is going to do the floors for me.

I think his cellulitis is back..he has a dr appointment tomorrow. 

I talked to Amie last night. She sounds so much better but she said fatigue is the biggest issue. She does a few things and then has to rake a nap. I think that is pretty common.

Linda..glad you had a good visit with your friends. I don't think that you will need ac right now. Did you choose your Olli classes yet ?

Claudia..I think after cleaning out the home in Mn, v has mitigated his packnrat habits. Plus, we have little storage here.He has been going through his tools and odds and ends he brought here and getting rid of some things. Your no vacancy sign made me laugh.🥰

Enjoy the day. I am going to do things in bits and pieces. 🦃🦃🌵🌵

Esteemed Contributor

No vacancy is very funny, Claudia.  You are definitely a soft touch, but hopefully you will stick to your guns. 

DH never wanted to get rid of anything, either.  I actually waited to get rid of some of his clothing until he was in the assisted living place for a while.  He did get rid of quite a bit when we moved, but he had a thing for books, clothes, shoes, etc.

I think that you mentioned that cats and Christmas decorations can be a problem, so I don't blame you for not decorating too much.

While I had no plans to get more Christmas decorations, I just ordered a wreath made my DGS' wife that she was selling on Etsy.  I thought it was pretty, and wanted to help get her business off the ground.  Not sure if I mentioned it, but DGD has an Etsy "business" on the side -- she repairs stuffed animals (and maybe dolls).  DD said that all of the kids like to have "side gigs" -- she attributes that to my SIL. 

It is cool here as well, Barbara.  I did try out the AC on my way to Bev's house yesterday, and it worked well.  Although I enjoy the heat more than cold, I find the car can get too warm even in the "winter".  

Very sorry you aren't feeling well, Barbara.  Hope V is okay, but good that he is seeing the doctor tomorrow.  Glad that Amie is better.  I think fatigue is quite common in COVID patients.

I have not made up my final list of OLLI course yet -- maybe soon.  I didn't realize this last time, but they list the number of students that can be in a class, so it is probably a good idea to pick classes that can have a max of 30 rather than 250 as the top choices.  But, some of the larger classes appeal more to me.  I definitely want to take the American Revolution course (part 2) again.  And, there are more complications due to my hospice volunteering, etc.

I can't believe how much mess they are making with the curbs -- more than two weeks, and they are still digging, etc.  I have to dodge all sorts of equipment on my walks or even when I drive.  They sent a letter saying that they do plan to repair the roads themselves sometime between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021 -- I am concerned about getting out of the street when that happens, but hopefully I can work it out.

Hope both of you and your husbands have a good evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda