Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of November 17

Hope things went okay with R today, Claudia.  Did you decide to continue with the PT?  

We had rain off and on last night and today as well, Barbara.  My heat isn't running, but it is turned on just in case.  Sorry V waited so long to go to the doctor, and hope he can get an appointment before the 9th..  

The class was just sort of practical ideas about how to be aware of your surroundings, and how to deal with situations such as someone asking for money, etc.  It was interesting, but nothing too new. 

Somehow I misplaced my water bottle and phone holder today.  I have searched the house and even went back to the facility where I had class, but no luck in finding it.  Really upsetting since I had lots of ID's in it (photocopies).  Also had $20, but that wasn't as necessary.  Fortunately, my phone wasn't in it, and I have a spare holder.  But, I figure I will be spending a lot of time searching for it.  Really makes me angry at myself.

DGD finally heard from the college that she got a grant (she had applied at the beginning of the semester, but finally heard back).  It isn't a huge amount of money, but I am happy for her, and it should help her with next quarter.  If all goes as planned, I will have enough in her 529 account to pay for her final quarter.  She is supposed to graduate next June.  Wow!.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I imagine you're not happy that V delayed the checkup, Barbara. Hope he can get it done before the 9th.

R was not pleased to be told to not bowl today. I had specifically asked the doctor. Once home he did concede he was tired. We need to set up an appointment for the next 2 weeks to go over results. The doctor is cautiously optimistic though. I picked up R's prescribed antibiotic earlier.

We have pt tomorrow. I probably won't continue it past next week.

I did remember to schedule the vet trip of Merry, Pippen and Fitz for shots. The best outlook is that I could get hold of 2 out of 3. They seem to have a built in sensor related to get visits. I certainly can't crawl under the bed.I

That's great news for your DGD , Linda. I do hope your water bottle and phone holder turn up, especially the phone holder.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it continues to rain and is chilly in the house...the heat is running periodically.

i playedbridge this morning..v has to have some tests done by a cardiologist before he is approved for surgery. His heart rate is low..which is fine with his dr at home, but it alarmed the one here. I am sure he is fine but needs to jump through the hoops , somtonsay.

Linda..hope you find your missing phone holder...That would be very upsetting...congrats to dgd for her scholarship. 

Claudia..it is a good thing r is resting today. Yiur shoulder must be better if pt will be over. 

Pepper scored a piece of candy out of ms purse..mortal of the sooty, keep yiur purse out of her reach and zip it shut. Smh

hope your day is going well. ⛈⛈

Esteemed Contributor

I'm glad the doctor is optimistic, Claudia.  Hope PT went well.  

Certainly understand that different doctors have different concerns, Barbara.  Hope they are convinced that V will be okay, and he can have his procedure done.  Pepper is a sneaky little dog.  Guess you have to be careful with your purse.

I have not found my bag -- it is actually a combination phone and bottle holder.  I use it every morning when I take my walk since I always try to drink a bunch of water while walking.  Today, I carried my new one.  I called my ID Protection service to let them know about the loss.  It still may be around the house or car or turned into the lost and found.  Hopefully, the information won't be used for identity theft purposes.  There were no credit cards, but my health insurance card, etc. The ID theft place said that I should freeze my credit, but I have already done so (for quite a while).

Trying not to stress about something I cannot help.

I had a Caregivers meeting, coffee, and went to the gym.  As I mentioned on the other thread, a Caregiver has offered to drive me to my varicose vein appointment.  Very nice of her.

We have had rain off and on, thunderstorms last night, and it is much cooler.  The heat hasn't come on yet, but I expect it will do so.  Thank goodness for MidNite since I have lots of trouble sleeping through thunder, etc.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Too bad V has to deal with the various tests, Barbara. These dogs of ours certainly are talented at getting into things in very careful of any gum I have as it can lower a dog's blood sugar drastically.hi

Linda, you've done all you can regarding the loss of photocopied documents. I hope you can sleep easy tonight. It's good you have a ride your provedure.

it was a busy day . Not restful at all. We had pt,  then I picked cat food up at Tractor Supply. After that it was on to pick up Griffyn's food and a small bag of the puppy food. Tip is getting a half and half mix. Since we were nearby R wanted to stop and see his half sister (9 years older). She had moved from her large house to a trailer. Had a nice visit but longer than I expected. After we left R discovered his cell phone was missing. He thought he'd left it in the car which we forgot to lock. So we pulled over and searched the car. No phone. We drove back to his sister's in case it had fallen out there. We found he had taken it in and put it down forgetting he had it. Whew. Good thing he decided to wait to contact the local police until we went back to his sister's.

Dinner at Plaza and then he wanted me to watch his bowling. I'm heading for bed as tomorrow is a VA dental trip. After that we need to hurry back to his acupuncture. It's in the low 50's here but that bowling alley sure was cold.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I am recovering from grocery shopping..Not fun today...my body was saying 🤬🤬  the rain is over but it is a little cool out...I have to make some brownies for a funeral tomorrow...

M CALLED AND SAID THE SUPER SHUTTLE IS NO LONGER GOING TO THE Airport. Guess they cannot compete with Lyft and uber.,so I wonder wat their business will be ?. She is going to psrk at a remote lot.

Linda..I read on the other thread that you found your missing items...I am sure that was a relief.

v probably will not have his surgery until we get back here.

Claudia..you have to make a lot f doctor trips...hope you can find some down time.

enjoy the rest of the day and sleep well.🥰🥰

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We got back in town just in time for R's acupuncture at the clinic. Had a late lunch and did several errands. No snow but it's in the 30's her. Neither of us slept well last night and I woke up with my whole right side aching.

I drove both ways and ended up positioning a travel size My Pillow under my right arm. That made driving a bit easier.

That's interesting about the super shuttle, Barbara. Scheduling V's surgery for after you get back sounds more workable. It beats scrambling to get all the tests done before the 9th.

Linda, I'm very glad your missing items were found. I'm sure you're relieved.

I ordered the Linea fleece tights and socks.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you were not feeling well today, Barbara.  That is interesting about Super Shuttle.  I used them on my DC trip, and to be honest it was pretty crazy.  The poor driver had to go all over DC, and it was my luck to be the last one dropped off.  Took forever (or seemed so).  They had done away with their desk in the airport, and you had to find them at one of the many lanes out front.  Then, young ladies were running and around and some people were paying (I had pre-paid).  I guess I might use them again, but I'm not sure.

I think it is wise to delay V's surgery until you get back.  

It was cool here today, and I started sneezing like crazy during my exercise classes.  Yikes!  I hope it is allergies rather than another cold.  Very cold where you live, Claudia.  Hope the Linea tights and socks help keep you warm.

I am thrilled that I got back my bag and ID's. 

Glad R's phone wasn't lost, Claudia.  I didn't realize he had a half sister.  Sorry you had so much trouble sleeping.  Good that R got his acupuncture.  One of the guys at the gym (quite a bit older than me, I think), told me that he has found a wonderful place in Tucson for acupuncture.  He has various issues, including arthritis in his big toe, and a back injury from falling off a roof.  Anyway, he said he was able to hike in the mountains with no pain after his last acupuncture treatment.  I don't think I could hike in those mountains, and I don't even have those issues.  

While I was dreading my eye doctor appointment, it went pretty well.  My cataracts don't need surgery for at least a year (maybe three or more years).  And, nothing else seemed too bad.  She is having me go for more testing because the pressure in my left (bad) eye is a little high, which could be a sign that I am getting glaucoma.  No problem yet, thank goodness.  Anyway, I will have the test done in January.

I am getting new glasses.  She said my vision isn't too bad, but it is not 20/20 and is not as sharp (not sure if that is the word) as it used to be.  My vision insurance paid a huge amount for the glasses and exam (more than $1000), and I only had to pay $225 or so.  I had a $50  credit from my health insurance (not vision insurance) for taking a health assessment on-line.  So, the price was $170 something.  I get all the bells and whistles, which makes the lenses very pricey.  I got frames that were $40 or so more than they allowed, but I liked them the best.

Hope both of you sleep well tonight, and have a lot less pain.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope both of you are feeling well today, or at least better.  It is sunny here, but a bit cool.  Very cool at night and on my walk this morning.  And, I turned on the heat for a little while to help get the chill out of the house.

Nothing at all exciting going on here.  I went to Wal Mart to pick up a few things, and the store was mobbed.  No carts available when I arrived.  I also went to the very crowded 99 cent store.  

Laundry is going, and I will be doing my usual financial review later.  Still not sure whether I am getting a cold or just having some allergy issues, but I took an allergy pill and am using the Sambucol (that is one of the things I picked up at Wal Mart).

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good evening...I just got back from a funeral for one of our former pianists. She was a lovely, very gifted musician. There were just desserts to eat and I do not eat that stuff so stopped on the way home and a single order of Chinese for us to split. 

linda, I think the stores are going to be crazy from now on..especially on the weekends.

claudia..hope your day was not too tiring..

sleep well. 🥰