Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of November 17

Good morning..I did not go to church this morning...I ran a low grade fever last night...happens some times with the ra and I need a break. I did not get up untilm8:30. 

V said the funeral went well yesterday. Amie said the worst part was that the minister who conducted the service had no idea who my bil was ...so it was a rite service. It is too bad his kids could not have had the celebration they wanted. 

V is in the ir and I will pick him up about 1:30.

nothing exciting here..hope everyone is having a good day.😎😎

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of November 17

Good Afternoon!  Sorry you were not able to sing today, Barbara.  But, you have to listen to your body, and you know when it is not advisable to push things.  At least you got some rest this morning.  Glad the service went okay despite the minister not knowing your BIL.  Unfortunately, that seems to happen a lot.  Hope V's flight goes well, and you don't have any trouble picking him up at the airport.

Nothing exciting going on here.  I have a real hankering for some pumpkin pie (no crust, just the filling), so I think I'll try to make that a little latter -- probably just 1/2 a pie since my appetite isn't all that great.

As I mentioned on the other thread, my hospice visit went well, but I will not be visiting next week since her son's whole family will be there.  I have quite a bit going this week, so that won't be a bad thing.  

Hope all is going okay with you, Claudia.  We are still enjoying warmer than normal weather, but they continue to predict cooler temperatures and rain for several days starting on Tuesday.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good idea not to push things, Barbara. I hope V had a good flight. I agree with Linda that too often the minister has no knowledge of the person. R has been pretty wiped out today after trying to hunt for a couple hours yesterday.

Tomorrow is another VA trip. He'll be tired after that. So will I. On our way out of town I have a few things to take to the dry cleaners to be altered.

I'm glad the hospice visit went well, Linda. Hope you get your pumpkin pie.

I was late putting cat food out this morning and young cat was halfway up the front steps when he/she saw me bringing it. He/she then bounded a safe distance away.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I am having a fatigue day...these happen periodically. So I have not been too productive.

we could get some serious rain tomorrow evening through Friday. There are flash flood warnings already. It will be much cooler also.

Amie was looking in the living room and found a bunch of teddy grahams behind the couch with a pop tart. That little Pepper is a very busy doggy..lol.

Linda hope you get some answers at tye vein doctor today....I have never had those. 

Claudia..good luck o your va trip today. I am sure that you will be tired.

enjoythe day.🤩🤩

Esteemed Contributor

Hope the VA trip went okay, Claudia.  Also hope all is well with you and your furbabies.

Sorry you are having a fatigue day, Barbara.  That Pepper is certainly busy.  I was quite amazed that this new doctor did a thorough exam including ultrasound testing, and provided me with several options for my veins.  I was concerned about insurance paying for more ultrasound, but he told me that they (Medicare) would not have a problem with it since it is a second opinion, and he has done this for years and never had an issue with Medicare or other insurance.

To make a very long story short, I decided to have a procedure done on my right leg the day after Thanksgiving.  It will be done right in his office and take a couple of hours.  No anesthesia is necessary, and no problem if I want to take Uber or even drive myself unless I require a Valium.  He had this same procedure done, and he was very satisfied.  It is different than the phlebectomy, and should not require additional surgery/work like that might have.  He even showed me how to keep up my compression hose (fall down way too often), and said that the veins in my left leg could be handled by a phlebectomy plus a few other things.  He will only do one leg at a time, and I can decide whether or not to have the left one done.  

Not too many downsides, except no lower body exercises (like the elliptical) for a couple of weeks.  I kept asking about the insurance, but they kept telling me that it will be covered, and they will call me if there are any issues (they don't expect any.)

I went to a piano concert this morning, and it was good.  I think we will be having similar weather to yours, Barbara.  They are saying the rain will probably start tomorrow afternoon and keep on coming.  The highs later in the week may only be in the 50's.  Much higher than many other areas, but I know that I will feel it.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Pepper was stashing food for future need it seems. Silly pup.

We got home mid afternoon.  It was sunny but temperatures never got over 40°. We had lunch, stopped at Wegmans, and stopped at a small country store where I picked up bread, cheese, and Amish butter. Oh, nearly forgot Elderberry jam.

A sizeable amount of R's prescriptions arrived in the mail plus the new parts for his c-pap machine. The podiatrist discovered R did not have the proper inserts for his shoes so that's on order.

Today's mail had a decision from the VA that because of the recurring cancer he'll continue to be 100% disabled.

Linda, it sounds like you had a good 2nd opinion appointment.

I just took some otc allergy medicine. It seems my fall allergies have arrived.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it started pouring during choir so even with the golf cart, I got wet and chilled. I am warming up slowly.  We could have some flash flooding.

Linda..it sounds as if your new vein dr will work out for you. V has had quite a bit of prominent change after his vein surgery, which was different from what you are having done. 

Claudia..good that yesterday went well.  Pepper is a very clever dog..full of mischief. 

Sydnie told her mom that her heart was hurting her. Yikes..so m called her cardiologist and he thinks it is the tachycardia, she will be seen in a couple of weeks..hopefully it will be minor.

i am fixing grilled cheese and soup for supper..a perfect night for that.

have a great rest of the day and sleep well.⛈⛈

Esteemed Contributor

Hope your allergies aren't too bad today, Claudia.  Also hope your day went okay, and R and your furbabies are also doing okay.  

Like you, I got wet leaving the senior lunch program.  I foolishly left my umbrella in the car.  There were also big puddles (running water) in the parking lot, so I got my feet wet.  Your dinner sounds good for this sort of day.

Very sorry to hear about Syd.  I didn't realize she had tachycardia.  Hope it is minor and can be controlled.

This doctor is using a Medtronic device and ClosureFast procedure for my right leg.   His before and after pictures were pretty dramatic.  That would be a nice plus.  Interesting about V's surgery.  

The senior lunch program and gym went well, and I am wearing a cardigan since (like Barbara), I got a bit chilled.  Hopefully, the flooding will not happen, but there is a warning until tomorrow night.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope there is no flooding, Barbara. I do hope Sydnie's problem is minor and easily controlled if she has an ongoing problem.

It is chilly here but no rain. R has to be at the hospital at 7:15 tomorrow so I'll be getting up a bit earlier than I like. The good thing is that it'll be one of the first procedures. Hopefully he'll be ready to go home by noon.

I had a doctor appointment this morning before pt. The right arm is still a bit weak but I was told it's up to me as to how long to continue it.

Too bad the umbrella was in the car, Linda. That often happens to me. I'm glad this week's lunch program went smoothly.

Barbara's dinner does sound good for a chilly day.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..we had a lot of rain, thunder and lightning ad hail overnight. The sun is out now but it s temporary. The house is closed up and the heat is on, but it hasn't run.

nothing at all exciting here...Lol

v has to have some growths removed from his bladder..so we are waiting to see when...we leave the 9th so it needs to be before then. He was 3 months overdue to be checked...not smart on his. Part.

Linda...wonder what you will learn from your self defense class??? I am always very aware of my surroundings...habits from the days I worked in bad areas of the city.

Claudia..good luck to r on his procedure. 

I am going to go get the mail in between the raindrops. ⛈⛈