Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of November 10

Good afternoon..I made it to church and sang both services.  This is turning out to be what I call a dragon day, because my ra is awake again..But I will find enough to do to keep me mind off of it.

We are having the most beautiful weather.  It remains in the 80s so I am still wearing capris and short sleeved shirts.

I have ribs in the crockpot for dinner..I cook them for a long time and they are very good. 

Linda..it is too bad that your hospice patient canceled and it is good that you found something else to do. I received a 30% off coupon from kohl's that I used to get stds pjs. 

Claudia. Hope r is feeling ok today.

Enjoy 🌻🌻

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of November 10

Sorry you are having a dragon day, Barbara.  Glad you were able to sing at both services, and hope you can keep your mind off the RA pain.  It is nice here, but a bit cloudy.  While short sleeves and capris would be fine for outside, the inside of the house is too cool for them.  

That was smart to use the Kohl's coupon for Syd's PJ's.  As I mentioned on the other thread, I haven't been to Kohl's in quite a while.  When I lived in Maryland, there were two stores pretty close by, but ours is too far away unless I have another reason to be in the area (like a broker or doctor's appointment).  Enjoy the ribs.  I have never really cared for them, which I know is unusual.  Others just go crazy over ribs.

Hope R is feeling better today, Claudia.  As my parents used to say, "he can't win for losing".  Also hope you and your furbabies are doing okay.  Did you have a chance to try on the Linea order yet?  No change in the status of my order.

I'm back from church and the gym with no big plans for the day.  I do have some ironing to do, and I want to try out my new vacuum again.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Barbara, I'm glad you managed both services and have managed to keep your mind off the pain for the most part. Occasionally I'll fix ribs and I bought them when they had a rib fest here. I can take them or leave them.

The snow is gone except for a few traces. It's a good thing as we should get more tomorrow night.

R got a call from his hunting/ muzzleloader buddy. His eldest son died. From what I understand mistakes were made at delivery and they kept him home until they could no longer provide the necessary care. Such a tough situation.

After R's early pt appointment we'll stop for breakfast. Last night was another 4-5 cat night. Unfortunately that means I can't move freely and end up stuff and sore. Usually I have the ceiling fan running. When I managed to get up partway through the night I turned it off and Maggie Mae deserted me plus one other. Much of the day I've used the heating pad.

R carried a hamper of clean clothes upstairs for me after I had trouble bringing it up from the cellar.

Linda the sweater fits great. I'm wearing the red today with the ponte pants. I also tried the blue top on and am very happy with that.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I am back from my massage and a bit of grocery shopping. Wallyworld had turkeys for 68 cents a pound so I picked one up. I overdid today ...so I am I. Recovery mode.

it sounds as if the funeral will be on Saturday. I have decided not to go back...fling and then driving seven hours round trip and flying back could be difficult the way I am feeling. Both girls will go. So there will be good family representation.

Linda..yikes to having your device wake you up...Do you have an actual furnace..we have a heat pump that provides ac and heat. I think that is because we have a modular home. 

Claudia..too bad about rs muzzleloader son. I could not imagine sleeping with all of those cats. ..lol..

have a wonderful rest of the day.  Very warm here again...😎😎

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you are hurting, Barbara.  Good that you took care of the grocery shopping, however.  I think you are wise not to go back for the funeral -- it would no doubt be grueling, and there will be plenty of family representation.

I have a gas furnace -- real one rather than a heat pump.  It is an older house (1972, I think), and came with gas heat, hot water heater, and dryer.  All the rest is electric.  The heat and AC guy is working on the furnace right now.

I think you gave good advice to twinny.  I'm sure she and her husband are devastated, but these things happen. You don't want to get in the middle if it isn't required.

Sorry about R's muzzleloader son, Claudia.  Hope you don't get as much snow as predicted.  Like Barbara, I can't imagine drying to sleep with all those cats.  I never allowed the dogs to sleep in my bed, and I didn't have much experience with cats.  

DD and my SIL went to a local hotel last night (just time alone), and she said it was nice.  Today, everyone but my SIL is working.  She said that DD's hearing tests results are not in yet, which explains why the Friday appointment was canceled.

It should make it into the 70's today, but has been cloudy most of the day.  Certainly not bad weather, but a bit unusual.  I am sure glad I don't need to deal with extreme cold, snow, and ice.

DH's DD told me that things are not going well at the hospital -- the relatively new boss is doing a very bad job, and doctors are talking about leaving or trying to get rid of him.  Also, her older daughter isn't thrilled with her exchange arrangements in Spain (she is bored and feels the parents are too strict).  Her younger daughter didn't get her usual good grades this Fall, but she thinks she can get her back on track (she will be 13 later this month.)  She thought my travel plans were good.  Nice to have a chance to chat with her.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Glad you like your new Linea clothes, Claudia.  

Respected Contributor

I really think the trip would be too grueling for you , Barbara. Since family representatives will be there it's best to stay put.

It is definitely not in the 70's here. The storm hasn't started yet. We're right on the edge so could get 4-6 or 6-10 or even 12 inches. I'm hoping for the lower amount.

We had breakfast at Bob Evans after R's pt. He's scheduled again for pt on Thursday the same time as mine. Before going to R's pt I changed purses. Much to my horror I discovered when we went to pay at Bob Evans I had left the wallet in the other purse. Meanwhile R had put his cu card that we blocked back in his wallet. Thank heaven he had enough cash to pay for my breakfast and his coffee

No obituary yet for Dave's son.

I did all my errands today because of the upcoming storm. There's no danger of running out of cat or dog food. Lol. Last night was a 3 cat night.

We're just back from dinner at Applebees. I made sure this time my wallet was in my purse. I could only eat part of my dinner so the dogs were happy to be gifted the rest.

Linda, it's a shame DH's dad's hospital is having such problems. Too bad the older gd isn't enjoying her time in Spain. It's certainly a different culture and depending on her location different expectations of teens. Hopefully her sister can pull up her grades.

I found some old boards and was able to set up a shelter over the outside cat food. Pretty ingenious if I say so myself. Now if like to set up a sheltered space such as the one I had for Miss Boots before she came in.I

When I stopped at a local grocery for a few things it took a bit longer than expected. The lady in front of me had several items including a can of tomatoes. It rang up with a price of $5400.00! It took a while to correct that.

Regarding the snuggle cats I can at least say I'm warm enough.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I hate to keep bragging about our perfect weather but it is again today. I played cards this morning...came in lowest so I got my dollar back. Lol. I have choir practice in a little bit. V is playing bridge this afternoon.

i was able to get 50% of his fare to fly home so got him booked . Delta was very helpful..it will be a short trip and I can keep busy here. M had to get things arranged for Syd because she has an all day dance thing.  She and pepper will be going to her vets house and they will get Sydnie back and forth.m and peppers vet are very good friends.

linnda..it is nice that you have a furnace. Sorry that your dil is having issues at work..bad bosses are the worst. V and I used to do weekend get always when the kids were home..I always enjoyed them..hope your lunch volunteer job is going well. Also hope dgd gets her hearing results soon.

Claudia..from what I saw on the news this morning, your weather looks awful. Stay warm and be careful if you have to go out.

Hat #4 is over half way done...yippee

enjoyyour day.🤩🤩

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening.  As you may have read on the other thread, there was an unfortunate incident at the senior lunch program today.  I think I have calmed down after going to the gym and really working out hard.  A very nice lady there gave me her card just in case I am sick in the future and need help getting something from the store.  Hopefully, that won't happen, but it certainly was nice of her.

Glad you were able to get the discount fare for V, and M has arranged things for Syd and Pepper while she is away.  Our weather is nice, but was cooler and windy earlier.  Still, low 70's certainly beats the very cold and stormy weather many are having.  Good for you with knitting.  Hope choir practice went okay.

Also hope you are doing okay, Claudia.  Glad you were able to get the dog and cat food and came up with a good outdoor feeding solution.  That must have been very frightening when you discovered you did not have your wallet with you at the restaurant.  Unfortunately, I have had problems like that in the past (as did DH), but one or the other had the cash to cover it.  

I didn't realize that DGD only works from home now rather than going into the office.  That is good for DD so she doesn't have to go out if the weather is very bad.  

According to my "order status" my Linea top has been sent to the Post Office.  If that is the case, I figure I will get it before the 19th as predicted.

My SIL wrote to say that she is very busy at work, and got her Real ID.  Her "man friend" will be going with her to her work holiday party, and he wants her to get a passport. I'm hoping this works out, and maybe he will take her on a trip.

My work buddy was very upset that their "old" house sale didn't work out.  Their realtor was not successful after several months, so they decided to try to sell on their own.  A man (from MN) called her husband's cell phone to say that they were coming back to the area and interested in the house since they had considered a house next door that had sold.  Anyway, he came last Thursday and liked the house, but wanted a swimming pool.  My buddies husband offered to take money off the price, but the man found another house in the neighborhood that already had a pool, so no sale.  She was really upset since they have had two houses for months.  Hopefully, someone else will be interested.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It's good you saved on V's fare and M was able to make arrangements for Sydnie's and Pepper, Barbara. Yay! More than half the hats are done if my count is correct. If not you're almost halfway there.

The snow was a lot less than what was forecast but now it's snowing again. Too is passed out on the couch and Griff is sleeping in his crate. We had lasagna for supper.

Fingers crossed your he's hearing results arrive soon, Linda.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..it is almost afternoon....it is cooler here but still lovely. I have nothing planned for today..except knitting and reading. Hat #4 will be finished tomorrow. 

I am feeling ok today...a little tired but that is normal for me. 

Linda..sorry to hear about your little issue yesterday..I am glad you are ok with it. I spent most of my career putting out fires and dealing with difficult people. I find that working with us older folks can be challenging to say the least. Glad you slept better last night. Interesting that dgd is working from home. M loves her telecommute job.

Claudia..hope you are having a good day and that the weather is not a problem..some areas of the country look pretty nasty. 

enjoy your day.💜💜