Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of May 19

I hope you had a good flight today, Linda. Barbara, also.

I picked the dogs up from boarding first thing. Griff was first. He was so excited I had to wait to start the car until he settled down. I kept getting the "pyr paw". Once in the house he ran around until I showed him R was in the back room.

Tip was also exited but smaller, thank heavens. Griff has been standing on his mind legs giving hugs. On the way home I stopped at the bank drive through, McDonald's, and the gas station. She was thrilled to get a great at 2 of 3 places.

As we got back to town in the DAV van yesterday we saw a loose horse. Some Amish were in town and the horse got loose. It trotted around the southside of town before they caught up to it.

Adam says they are up high enough they are out of the flood zone. I had read some parts of the town were evacuated.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad Adam and the gang are safe, Claudia.  Some of the photos from OK are pretty frightening.  Your dogs certainly had quite a reaction when you picked them up.

My flights went okay -- but having to get to the airport so early was no fun.  Both flights were totally full.  Denver had snow yesterday, and I think some flights had been canceled so people flew today instead (I changed planes in Denver both ways).

I thought of you Barbara.  The driver who picked me up at the Tucson Airport also picked up a man from MN who was coming to visit his Mom.  The driver said both he and his brother come often.

I've done some laundry and grocery shopping, and I'm getting very sleepy.

Hope your trip to New York is fun, Barbara, and both of you have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Good morning..it is cool and rainy..think our weather from earlier in the week is here. We had a good flight..there was a beautiful service dog on the floor of mybrow of seats..German short haired pointer. 

My my brother has a stair lift chair here which is a blessing for us because they have a big windy staircase. 

We havea busy few days ahead...

Linda..glad you got home safely. Get rested up.

claudia...Pepper does flips when we return home...

enjoy.

Respected Contributor

Barbara, what a help to have that stair lift chair. Enjoy yourself. I hope the weather cooperates.

It's been hot today - 80° this afternoon. We had supper at the Greek restaurant. It is very windy now.. Once home i managed to mow out front and a small portion of the backyard before the battery needed charged.  My fault as I only put one of the batteries in. I only planned to mow the front yard tonight.

This is one of those days of be happy to use a stair lift.

R planned to camp at the rendezvous starting tonight but couldn't get organized. Instead I'll drop him off in the morning.

We stopped at the attorney's office this afternoon to sign the wills and poa papers.

Linda, I hope you've been able to rest up after your flight.

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening!  What a good thing to have that  stair lift chair, Barbara.  Hope you have a very nice, if busy time there.  

I'm sure I'd have trouble charging a mower, Claudia.  At least you got part of the lawn mowed.  Glad you were able to go to the Greek restaurant.  Hope R does okay tomorrow.

I slept fairly well last night == especially after taking Midnite.  As you may have seen on the other thread, I got my new hearing aid, and my CPA finished the taxes.  Wow, that was fast.  Much to my amazement, we made much less money, and I'm actually getting a nice refund.  I talked to the CPA, and he said it will be no problem for me to split the refund money between his two children once it arrives.

Took my walk and went to the gym, so I'm feeling virtuous.  Actually, I used the same elliptical machine at the hotel near my daughter's house four days in a row.  But, I didn't have my other machines there.

Salsa chicken is cooking away in the crockpot, and I really need to tackle my financial stuff tonight.

Hope both of you sleep well tonight!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The mower actually is easy to charge, Linda. I just slide the 2 battery packs out and recharge them one at a time.

I'm glad the midnite helped and you got your replacement hearing aid. Good news about the refund.

I dropped R at his rendezvous this morning. Today they were doing their monthly shoot since the rendezvous lasts until Monday. I finished mowing a bit ago. The weather is good today but rain is in the forecast for the next few days. Also I know I'll hurt more tomorrow.

This morning the dogs were out and both were on the back porch. I decided to cleanup the yard, stepped around Griff, misjudged the porch edge and down I went down all 7 steps. Yikes. Landed on my left knee and shoulder on the blacktop. Hit my head to add to my woes.  Tip was dancing all around me and barking sure I was going to play with her. Once I gathered my wits and decided nothing was broken I sat my way up the steps then decided I could walk. I had R drive down to where I dropped him off though.

I think I've done enough today and plan to take it easy.

I hope you're enjoying your visit, Barbara.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my goodness, Claudia.  Glad you were not hurt more from that fall, but how awful.  Do take it easy for a while.  I talked to one of my friends yesterday, and she fell during a birthday party for her grandson that was being held in a California park.  She fell on her face, and had two black eyes.  They are now purple eyes.  Very upsetting.

I can understand why Tip thought you were playing, but......  Good that you finished with the mowing and R got to his rendezvous. 

Hope you are having fun, Barbara.

I got up early, and have been busy around the house as well as picking up a few things at Wal Mart as well as some plants at the local nursery.  The man who waited on me didn't know much about plants -- it was his first day on the job, but another man helped me with selecting some plants that I hope will grow nicely.

In addition to my cleaning/decluttering, I went through my capris and found eight pairs that I could donate.  They still fit, but several were duplicates or just didn't look that nice on me.  I'm happy that I found so many.  Also found a few tops and a pair of full length pants to donate.

Hope both of you sleep well, and please take care, Claudia.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Greetings from the East coast.  We are having a great visit..last night was the family dinner celebrating my nephews graduation..lots of memories shared. I did a little speech that had everyone in tears..not intentional. Not to btag , but I am good at honoring people.

my nephew is a wonderful,young man...he is smart, charming, handsome and very fun to be with. He graduated fro the University of Miami and has a plum job with a national firm in Atlanta that will start in July.

Today is his open house with more celebration to gollow.

i am feeling good..the steroid and infusion have helped.

Claudia..in my in your fall. Hope you are not too sore today. Be careful.

Linda, great on the donations..as you know, I have really pared my clothes back and I am happy.

Have a good one. 🥰🥰

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Glad you are having such a great visit, Barbara.  Your nephew does sound like a wonderful guy.  Happy your speech was so moving.  I am definitely not comfortable with public speaking, but I have done a good job (in my opinion) a few times like at my MIL's funeral.  Hope the rest of the celebrations are just as nice.  

Not sure I'll ever be as ruthless as you have been with reducing my clothes and shoes, but at least I have made some progress.  I find it so difficult to get rid of things that I like and still fit me, but excess is excess.

Glad you are feeling okay and the infusion and medicine helped. 

Hope you are doing okay, Claudia and R didn't have any issues.  Please don't push yourself after that fall.   DD was telling me that her contractor (was supposed to put in the new door last week) had issues with skin cancer.  The doctors thought they got it all with surgery, but found more and did more surgery.  He hopes to put the door in (it is waiting in her garage) early June after he has his stitches out.  Needless to say, he is way behind in his work since it is just him and his son.

I have my usual Saturday chores and a hospice visit this afternoon.  Our weather is lovely, and it should make it up in the 80's today -- more my kind of (hot) weather.

Have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I'm glad you're feeling so much better. Congratulations to your nephew. It's good you are comfortable with public speaking. I on the other hand avoid it.

So much for taking it easy. I had a call shortly after noon from R to pick him up. He had a disagreement and decided that was it. No more shoots. The dogs were thrilled to have him home.

Linda, I hope your hospice visit goes well. Skin cancer is nothing to ignore. Mother had several. The one on top of her head she had radiation for it and was told not to have a perm or color her hair.

I am sore today. Knee, hip, shoulder, neck, head, etc. I'm glad nothing was broken. We had a bit of rain late afternoon. Now I have to figure what to do for supper since R is home.