Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of May 19

Good morning..it is so ugly out that I am not going out at all..

I have last minute errands to run but will wait until the weather is better tomorrow.

so nothing exciting today...I need to think about what I am taking...there is a washing machine and dryer available so I can wash. It is New York so black and white will work. 

Hope everyone one is having a good day.🎈🎈

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of May 19

Good Evening!  Sorry your weather was so nasty today, Barbara.  Hope you can get your errands done tomorrow and have a nice trip to NY.  I had to smile about the black and white comment.  That is certainly something I have heard. I'm not into white, but black works for me.  

DD offered to do some wash for me, but I decided to see how it goes with taking clothes that I need to wear twice or more.  However, I found a pair of capris at a local department store, and she washed them for me along with some things she purchased.  

They predicted a nasty storm here, but so far, it has not materialized.  

Today I only saw DD, DGD, and my SIL. Oldest DGS was working and went to a movie, and the two younger guys went to an all-day dungeons and dragons competition with dinner,

Hope you are having an okay day, Claudia, and R and your furbabies are okay.

Sleep well!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Not sure if I mentioned dinner last night with my SIL, nephew, and his wife.  It was nice.  My SIL picked me up in her new car.  It is used, but pretty new and seems in great shape (all wheel drive SUV).  I hope she realizes that I will only be helping with car payments for the next 16 months or so.  I am sure she took a five-year loan, and the insurance is higher.

Respected Contributor

We had a very warm day. It was over 80 degrees.  No storms yet but the sky is dark. According to the forecast we aren't supposed to get stormy weather here. Just in case I mowed out back.I hadn't planned to but the grass really grew in the last 4-5 days.

Tuesday the DAV van will pick us up at 5 AM. It sure will be a long day. We certainly couldn't manage it without staying overnight.

Sorry your weather is not good, Barbara. It sounds like a good day to stay in. No white for me either but black will work.

Adam used to do Dungeons and Dragons. My brother did also.  I hope you don't get the stormy weather, Linda. Hopefully your zip realizes your help with a car will end.

I still need to sort R's pills into the his weekly pillbox. Tippy is strolling around looking for trouble.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Respected Contributor

Tippy found the trouble she was searching for. We have a wrought iron paper towel holder at the back of the kitchen counter. She stood up, grabbed an edge of the towel roll and pulled. Surprisingly the holder did t fall. She must have walked away hanging on to the edge of the paper towel.It unwound as she walked out of the kitchen and through the dining room. Sheesh!

Respected Contributor

*good afternoon..

i just checked the forecast for Greenwich and the weather looks very nice..I will take a couple of pairs of crop pants and leggings. I have a black dress from logo that I love and have a pretty print lularoe kimono to wear over it. I do not own any white pants so it will black bottoms.told v not to take any flannel shirts..lol.

the weather is much better..sunny and not super cool. I did cover the planters last night.

we have a fox under the deck...call the Department of natural resources for ideas..they suggested ammonia soaked rags..?or a live catch cage.  Will let you know what works..

I have to watch Pepper when she goes out.

Linda..sounds like you are having a nice visit with your family. You have been more than generous paying for yiur sims car. As I have said..that would not happen with me.

Claudia..Tippy is a nuisance...we still have to keep the toilet paper roped up otherwise it is all over the main bath and hallway. Hope your trip is not too tiring.

enjoy your day.l((((Hugs))))

Esteemed Contributor

Glad the weather should be nice for your trip, Barbara.  Sounds like you have a good plan for the clothes you will be taking.

Tipp is pushing her luck, Claudia.  One of my work buddies' cats is constantly making a mess with toilet paper.  They have tried all sorts of techniques, but no luck so far.

It didn't rain yesterday, but we may have some showers this afternoon.  I'm back at the hotel now, and DD is taking DGD to the doctor.  We went to DGS' store this morning, and I found some "exercise pants" for a good price.  Really happy with the fit and the fact that I don't have to shorten them.

Tomorrow I'm going to the hotel near the airport.  Trying to figure out if there is anywhere nearby so DD can drop me off before the room is ready.  I'm sure it will work out, but...

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well. 

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Back when Miss Boots presented us with 7 kittens nearly 4 years ago, I had to hide the toilet paper for a while.I

The dogs are up at the boarding kennel. R and I had dinner at Bob Evans. After I feed the cats and give them fresh water I hope to get to bed early.

It was warm earlier today but the temperature is now in the 50's.

It's always nice to conflicted you'll wear at a good price and no alterations needed, . I hope you find a place close to  the airport hotel where you can wait till your room is ready. The hotel may have a lounge area though.

I'm glad the weather looks good for your trip east, Barbara. Oh my a Fox under the deck. Definitely keep close tabs on Pepper. I have very few white pants. I only wear them when we're away from home. They wouldn't be white for long here.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I am packed..think I may remove a couple of pairs of pant..I am achy today so I am not having fun.

the weather looks pretty good out there..I am taking a jean jacket plus a Joan rivers cardigan that I bought years ago in white, yellow and black.  They are perfect coverups.

Linda..safe travels back..I have found hotels to be very accommodating for early arrivals. Did you get any pics of the grands???

Claudia..I think today is you big day for rs tests. Hope all is ok. Hope Adam and family are safe with all of the storms.

enjoy your day.💖💖

Respected Contributor

Back home. What a long day. I got up at 4AM but didn't sleep well. We couldn't have done the trip ourselves without staying overnight so we're very thankful for the DAY option.

Sorry about your achiness, Barbara. That makes things doubly hard. At least you're packed and weather should be good. Safe travels.

Linda, I hope you have a good trip back to AZ.

Now we wait for R's test results.

I think we'll have an early supper out. Then I'm heading for bed. The dogs will be picked up tomorrow morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you are achy, Barbara.  Hope your trip goes okay.  I was able to take a picture of my three grandsons, but not my DGD.  Hope the picture turns out okay, and I'm sorry that she would not allow it.  No problem getting into the hotel a bit early, but I am sure not fond of the hotel.  You can't really tell on-line -- people said it was fine.  It is nice on the outside, etc., but I don't like my room one bit.  Glad I'm only spending one night.

Sounds like you had.a long and difficult day, Claudia.  Hope R's results are good.  I had an early dinner and hope to get to bed very early since I have such an early flight tomorrow.  

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda