Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of March 5

It is in the 20's here but rather windy so it feels colder. When I went out earlier the wind was quite strong. When it gusted I had to stand still so as not to lose my balance. Some snow but the roads and most sidewalks are bare.

Barbara, that is great that the rooms are already switched. I hope M has more information after talking to her director.

I p l an to give TT more ear medicine tonight. He snoozed most of the day.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Glad Syd likes her new room.  Hope M gets information about her new job soon if she hasn't heard already.  It made it up to 90 degrees here today -- first time this year.  It was pretty hot outside this afternoon, but the house is fine.  

Your weather sounds pretty bad to me, Claudia.  DD said they were having snow, but hopefully there will be no problem tomorrow when Army DGS has drill or Sunday when she drives youngest DGS back to school.

The osteoporosis drug I was on was supposed to show results after two years (four doses), but I still had one sign of the disease after five doses.  I don't know if the doctor will push for it, and I will consider taking it, but not unless he does so.  Meanwhile, things are even more complicated that I thought.  I got a letter from the insurance company saying that I needed to go through their speciality pharmacy if I wanted a prescription refilled.  I have not had a prescription filled, so I called to ask what they were talking about.  It was that drug. Such a long story -- had to talk to three people there, and then two at the other company.  Then, I called the doctor.  I am still confused by the whole thing, but I asked that they send the prescription to the other pharmacy to see how much the co-pay would be.  And, there is even more to it than that.  What a mess.  

DH's hoyer lift finally arrived his afternoon.  The hospice nurse didn't make it yesterday, and when she came today, he almost fell on the floor when she tried to examine him in the bathroom.  Fortunately, we got him back in the wheelchair.  He was fine otherwise.  I have a landscaper coming tomorrow morning, and then I'll visit DH.  Later, I'll be going to a culture festival at one of our recreation centers.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good morning. I have some laundry going...v is picking my brother up between Florence and Tucson. He is on a cross country bike trip and has a rest weekend so we are going to bring him here overnight. We have a good time together.

m got more info on her new job. She starts tomorrow..Lillie be working on our laptop until hers gets shipped. She has training in Chicago the last week of March so I will spend 2 weeks there. I will get to see 2 of syds competitions. And I will have time to put the house back in order. I will come back here for 2 and a half weeks before I go home for the season later in April.

Linda, I think we are going to be seeing much higher copays and who knows what is going to happen to insurance. My copays have gone up a bit this year and I had to have my dr appeal to have a couple of drugs covered. I do not see it getting better. Yikes.

Glad the Boyer lift finally arrived. It will be safer for dh. Enjoy your festival.

Claudia..hope it is not too cold today it will be 90 here.😍

Have ve a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Enjoy the time with your brother, Barbara.  Glad that things are settled with M and the new job.  And, you can make your plans.  I am afraid you are correct about medical expenses going up.  Especially difficult for those on many medications and who see lots of doctors.

It is nice and warm here today.  My landscaper is about finished, and I'll be visiting DH soon.  Like you, I have laundry going.

Hope all is okay with you today, Claudia.  Also hope you aren't too cold.  What a contrast with our weather.

Army DGS will be going away for training (can't remember if it is a week or two weeks) at the end of the month.  DD wasn't sure where the training would be held.

They are having yard sales in our neighborhood this morning, so there are lots of cars coming and going.  I decided not to even look because I don't need more "stuff" for sure.  

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It is cold! 19 degrees when I was out just before noon. I picked up a prescription for R after taking the 2 pies my pie lady brought this morning to R's muzzleloader fundraiser. He decided it was best to stay home. I then stopped by Pellegrino's for a meatball sub. I don't plan to go back out.

Given the number of medications R is on, we are fortunate that all but 2 are paid by th VA. The only doctor he sees not affiliated with the VA is his urologist.

Linda, I'm glad the lift finally arrived. I hope it helps in moving your DH. I have laundry to put away.

How nice to have a weekend with your brother, Barbara. I'm glad Sydnie is pleased with her new room and M's training is set up.