Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of March 5

Good afternoon. I had a massage this morning and then picked up milk, juice etc. I buy that at wa.lly world because the price is better. I am going to play duets with my friend in a bit. I may go to the pool afterwards..will see.

syd did not close the garage door this morning so I had to set the house alarm. I need to turn it off before she gets home. Yikes.

the exterminator uses nothing that is harmful to pets. I told them we had a dog. 

We we may have to have a wall and door installed in the basement to give m her home office. Someone is coming out Friday to offer suggestions...she has to ha very quiet space because she will be doing webinars. I do not want to give up one of the bedrooms for that.

Claudia, hope the pt works out for r.. He has a lot of stuff going on.

Linda, I am happy that you are going out to see your family. Dh is in a good place and the visit will be good for you.

heat is on the ay..😍😍

my my type is very small..hope it transposes to a larger font.

Respected Contributor

And so it did..

Respected Contributor

Yikes indeed. Good thing you found out about it, Barbara. I wouldn't want to give up a bedroom either. Hope you get some good suggestions. When my dad inherited my grandfather and aunt's brick ranch he and mother had a room sectioned off in the basement for a 4th bedroom and bath. Of course it did not have to be too quiet. Lots of advances since 1974.

I'm glad you got the plane tickets, Linda. SouthWest is a good choice. You need to visit your family and as Barbara says, your DH is at a very good place.

It's sunny out and 50 degrees but very windy. We came home from R's bowling to find the trash can out back had blown over and the lid was off and I had to pooperscoop all over again. Ay yi yi. Still waiting for a better ans choice call. I see more medical problems have been added to the list of problems caused by the Camp LeJeune drinking water. Tomorrow it will be colder and maybe snow towards the end of the week.

Esteemed Contributor

It is pretty wild that you can control security in your other home, Barbara.  Good invention.  Sorry Syd left the door open, but at least you were able to set the alarm.  Interesting about M needing dedicated space.  I would not want to give up a bedroom either.  Hope you have fun with your duets this afternoon.  We are expecting warm/hot weather for the rest of the week, which is fine with me.  I took DH outside after lunch, but we stayed in the shade because it was too warm and sunny for him.  

I had heard about that water issue, Claudia.  Glad that was placed on R's health record.  Those sorts of winds really bother me, and having to re-do the pooper scooping.  The husband of a lady in DH's place (she is also on hospice) told me that the pet store wanted $35 for a pooper scooper which he thought was way too high.

Oldest DGS talked to the community college, and they have a certificate program for computer accounting (not sure that is the correct name).  He would only need three more classes (nine credits).  So, that is a good possibility.  He is not crazy about accounting (and that is an understatement), but DD and my SIL are putting some pressure on him to get a job that pays better, etc., and accounting is related to his degree  It doesn't help that he doesn't jump to help out at the house (tends to roll his eyes a lot).  On the other hand, youngest DGS has been doing quite a lot to help since he has been home -- she rented equipment, and he did a bunch of trimming, etc., and helped her get things to the dump.  He didn't ask for anything, and the contrast was strong.  Youngest DGS always was a very compliant good natured kid.

Getting some cleaning and de-cluttering done this afternoon.  I may go to the store to pick up some produce on sale, but that will probably wait until Friday.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

We played bridge this morning..I had mediocre cards. My voice coach, who has become a friend is coming later this afternoon and I am fixing spinach salad and soup fo a light supper. I had to run to the grocery store to get some things.,we will go to choir rehearsal after.

M has to have a room with a door so I have movers coming tomorrow to rearrange the bedroom furniture. They will move everything around and the price is pretty decent. Syd will get the guest room which is bigger and we will set up the queen size bed in the basement. I want her to have a space where she can work without being disturbed since we will all be home in 3 months. 

Linda, our security system can be remotely controlled and it is quite handy. I hope oldest dgs changes his ways...I firmly believe when adult children are at home, they contribute by helping out. M is good at that , does dishes, laundry, picks up papers leavings, helps v carrying things. Good luck to dd.

i am having quite the flare..fell better but not wonderful. 😱

Claudia, hope your day s going well. M said they had bad winds on Tuesday.

enjoy th rest of the day.

Respected Contributor

M must have sent the bad winds our way because we had them yesterday. Today is much calmer. I'm glad the set up for M is affordable and they will move the furniture around.. it's so nice the voice coach has become a friend. R just got off the phone from reconnecting with a long lost cousin. He's had a not so good day. We'll probably be seeing about a local clinic appointment or going back to urgent care. I got to the post office just as they opened. With only 5 parking places currently available it was the only way I could get a parking space without circling the block numerous times. After lunch I picked up the milk and dog food. Yard cleanup is done and some other minor chores. Linda, I'm glad eldest gs is going back to school for those few courses. He may not be thrilled but sometimes you have to do things you'd rather not. Macy's isn't a long term job prospect. Hope your DH is doing well today.
Respected Contributor

Spoiler
By the way, Linda the water issue is not on R's medical record. The primary care doctor saw no need to since he is already 100% disabled. I will keep trying. Maybe the counselor would be willing to add it. If a medical problem is service connected the VA often pays if he has to go to the local Erie or see a doctor. In my mind that's the main reason to have it in his record.
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about the flare, Barbara.  Good that you can get things arranged for M without spending too much.   Enjoy the time with your voice coach.  I think oldest DGS does chores, but his attitude is not great.  He has decided to go to the community college for the certificate since the other college is much more expensive. 

Glad you were able to get those errands done, Claudia.  But, sorry to hear about R.

I went to the gym and my British history class, and I'll be leaving to visit DH shortly.  

The co-pay for the osteoporosis shot is a little over $300.00.  I told the lady that I will not be getting the injection unless the doctor talks me into it during my next appointment.  That will probably be in May.  She said no problem in keeping the prescription open.  I know people pay much more for their medications, but I'm just ot sure this one is helping.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Just a heads up, Linda. In case you're interested the sleeveless blouse is "buy more save more".

$300- I would want results after having to pay that amount.

We're having some snow flurries here. Griff is happy. TT's ears are acting up. After swabing the ears he's much more comfortable.

I'll be back later.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..I am ready to turn on the ac..will be close to 90 today. I may go to the pool later...

the he rooms got switched around and sydnie likes her new, bigger room. She is having fun putting it together. Her spring break starts today. M should find out more about her job this afternoon after she talks to her director. 

Linda..that is hefty copay for your drug. I could not go off my osteoporosis drug until my bone density test improved. I think with the potential scary changes coming in health care, Medicare etc., we are going to be paying a lot more. How is dh doing today???

Claudia, is that cold weather going to affect you. It will be below zero in min this weekend . Yikes. M said that pepper is being a nuisance today..lol.

i have nothin exciting to report.

have a great day.