Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of March 22

Good afternoon..it is a chilly day..only 55 with a good wind. I was pretty cold in the golf cart with pepper. I should have worn sleeve. It is supposed to be in the upper 80s by the end of next week.

i did venture into Walmart..found some items I had not been able to locate, like olive oil, rice, canned soup  no tp of course. There were not a lot of people I. The store and I wiped the cart down and sanitized my hands after I got to the car. 

tat was my exciting day...lol

i think m is relieved that the house sale has slowed down.  It will happen when it is supposed to. 

Linda..nice you got the jacket at a good price, sorry that dgd has an ear infection...has she ever had tubes. ?  I am making a list of movies from Netflix and prime to watch. I am hoping that I get my cast off.glad that dhs dgd got back safely.

Claudia..I think it helps not to watch the news..I really restrict myself. Hope Adam and your sil can hold onto their jobs. Glad ou could grab Griffyn...pepper is not good about staying. 

I have vegetable soup in the crockpot. It smells yummy.

sleep well.💕💕

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really sympathize with R, Claudia.  Hopefully, he can stop listening to the news so much.  There is always good news, but so much frightening news that it is outweighed.

I went to the grocery store, Wal Mart, and the 99 cent store today, and I got almost everything on my list.  Of course, I didn't have a long list, but.....  Safeway had milk and Wal Mart had eggs (Safeway had none), and I was able to get some produce at all three stores -- tomatoes, bananas, strawberries, and even a small bunch of asparagus (different at different stores).  The stores were not crowded, and most people were keeping their distance.  Of course, there were many empty shelves -- paper goods, disinfectant, soap, canned goods, etc., but I did not need them (thank goodness).  I thought about going to Sprouts, but decided not to take the risk today at least.  Maybe tomorrow or some day next week.

It is cool and windy here, and I think I will just do a DVD rather than take a walk outdoors.  

Sorry about your local hospital, your son, and your ex SIL, Claudia -- this is such a mess.  Glad you were able to go to the vet yesterday, and R was there to help you.   

Mike (Michelle's widower) is in Arizona now -- in the mountains to the NE of me.  He seems to be doing okay, but I sure would not want to be on the road at this time.

DD did a load of laundry at oldest DGS fiance's apartment, and she is hand washing things in the sink since the dryer is still fine.  But, I know she is struggling with the laundry issue.

Hope things are going okay there, Barbara.  Also hope things are okay with your family in MN.  

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- glad you got out and were able to get some things you needed at Wal Mart, Barbara.  I think DGD had tubes one time (as did I), but they did no good.  Her ear doctor has tried several things, and has a good solution.  But, I know she would rather not keep getting infections, etc.  Enjoy your soup -- sounds good on a cool, windy day.

Respected Contributor

I on the other hand did not go anywhere today. We had a small chuck roast for dinner tonight. I'm glad I wasn't out of liners for the crock pot.

The back yard is saturated. R decided to put his fire ring where the water barrel was. Because of all the rain the barrel was full so he put it on its side and emptied most of it before rolling it to a location near the garage.

Linda, like you I end up going to 3 different stores these days to find what I need. I'm glad your DD  was able to get some laundry done. This is not a good time to be in the road imo.

Both Whitney and Adam had tubes in their ears several times. Adam had his first ones at 9 months. Fortunately they outgrew their problems. I really feel for your DGD.

Barbara, I'm glad you were able to pick up some needed items today. It's a good day for soup. I'm sure M is feeling less stress now that the house sale has slowed down.

I am rather amazed I was able to grab Griffyn's leash as I am not coordinated. I was lucky he stopped once out of the car - probably was deciding his next move.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..we are doing a bit of cleaning..and I will take Pepper out for her afternoon outing shortly. I think it is a bit warmer than yesterday. Next week is supposed to be much warmer..upper 80s. 

I talked to our real estate agent.she thinks that things are going to be on hold for a while and I agree. . As I have said, we can wait to sell.

Linda..it is too bad your dgd has those ear infections. I hope she can find something to help. How you make your salsa chicken? I am always looking for new ways to use chicken. 

I have found a couple of good series on Netflix. Wonder what is going to happen when school goes online on Monday?

Claudia..hope your day is going well.  Pepper slipped out of her harness this morning, but came to v when he called her. She is good about listening to us.

enjoy your day.🐸🐸

Respected Contributor

A wet dreary day here. I'm glad Pepper went to V when he called her instead of taking off, Barbara.. For the most part we've had mischievous dogs whose first thought would be "catch me" no matter how much we'd worked with them.

The exception was our first 2 Newfies, Paddington and McBruin.

We had a tuna casserole for dinner tonight.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hope the on-line schooling goes okay, Barbara.  I have to say that I am not sure that it would have been a good fit for me, but that was a long time ago.  My grands seem to be fine with it.  One great advantage is that DGD can graduate on time (this May), and youngest DGS should be able to graduate next Fall.  

I used a recipe for the salsa chicken years ago, but now it is freelance.  So very easy, and DH used to like it quite a bit.  In the crockpot you put drained canned beans (I use a can of the three varieties, but could be black,pinto, or whatever), corn (canned or frozen), salsa (I use medium Pace) -- about 1/2 cup mixed in, then put in boned and skinned chicken breast (I cut mine up in three pieces or so), and cover with more salsa.  I usually put it on high for an hour or so and then turn it down on low for several hours.  You can do it all on either high (3-4 hours) or low (6-7 or so).  At the end, you add in shredded cheese (I use the shredded Mexican mix).  Since I usually have plenty leftover, I often make tortilla soup the second day.  Just need to dilute the liquid (I usually use vegetable or chicken broth), shred the chicken,  and pour it over some crushed tortilla chips.

Not surprised about house sales.  I am curious about Jo Ann.  

Today was her "yard sale" -- at least it was advertised for today.  I know she planned to donate anything that didn't sell.  But, the donation place is closed.  Also, I don't know if it will be possible for her to move into assisted living in CA any time soon.  I plan to call her tomorrow.

It was much nicer here today -- very cool this morning, but made it up into the 60's.  Like your area, they are talking about much warmer weather in a few days. 

I took a nice walk, and saw the neighbor who put out the grapefruit (I didn't know him from before).  Anyway, I thanked him and he gave me two more -- spotted, but taste fine, I'm sure.  Also, he gave me a little "gopher" plant.  Such a nice man.  It was funny trying to keep our distance.  Also saw several dog walkers and we kept our distance.

I sure hope that they don't force people to stay in place if they have second homes.  While I know you and V are prepared to live in AZ full-time, I know many of my neighbors would be very unhappy if they could not travel to their summer (main) homes.

Hope things went okay for you, R, and your furbabies today, Claudia. 

I'm watching some Neflix as well, Barbara.  There are so many choices, which is good. 

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Tuna casserole sounds good, Claudia.  I haven't had that many dogs, but they were mischievous -- some more so than others, but i don't remember them coming when I called without a struggle