Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of June 7

It's been a sunny day with the temperature in the 70's. The yard is now mowed, front and back. Too bad it will need mowed again in 4-5 days. I overdid it a bit by trimming the first this bush because it was covering the electric meter.  All that standing still on the concrete was not the best idea I had especially since I still had mowing to do.

I'm glad your box of summer clothes were found, Barbara. I hope the pills helped. It helps that M enjoys mowing. I wouldn't want to try to move. Much better to have the movers.

Unfortunately R's acupuncture was cancelled for today because the nurse was sick. He had already removed the pins that were left before he got the call. Years ago after his radiation for prostate cancer he started having constant it is and had a portable catheter. At least now he'll just need it once a day.

I bet your DD  and her family are having a busy day, Linda. Hopefully their weather is as nice as ours. 

Respected Contributor

Getting the meals packed and into the car and then to the participants would be hard work in the heat, linda. Good idea to go to bed early. Also good to stay in as much as possible due to the new virus cases.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Very hot and dry again here, but I think they are saying it will "only" make it up to 100 degrees tomorrow.  And, it should be cooler tomorrow morning than this morning.  

My new fan came, and I think it will be nice.  But, I also decided to turn down the AC one more degree, both day and night.  I know it will be more expensive, but I am feeling the heat way too much.

Sorry R couldn't have his acupuncture yesterday, Claudia.  Hope you aren't too sore today after all that work yesterday.  DD sent me some pictures of the work they are doing, and it looks very nice.  Not sure about their weather, but I could see fans in the picture.  Perhaps it was to help with the paint fumes.  DGS' wife seems very thrilled with the puppy -- so tiny, but cute.

Hope things are okay there today, Barbara.  Also hope you are feeling a little better.  I'm hoping the firefighters will have success putting out the fires up north.  The pictures on the local news were frightening to say the least.  Yesterday evening, the fire was only 10 percent contained.  And, no rain predicted, plus winds.  Bad combination.  And the news about the virus in Arizona is very bad.

Nothing exciting going on here, which is fine.

Hope both of you, your husbands and furbabies have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It's a good idea to turn the ac down a bit. It's worth it when so hot, Linda. I hope those fires are out soon.

There's not much going on today and I have to admit I didn't accomplish much. R's knee and hip are hurting after he went to the range to test fire. Today it was only in the upper 60's but the sun felt warmer.

Hope you have a nice evening.