Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of June 21

Good Evening!  That is strange about the mystery appointment, Claudia.  I'm sure it will work out, but....  Not surprised that they lost money on that dinner -- guess that they won't repeat a paid dinner and raffle.  Hope the missing butter container was not consumed by the dog.  

Although I love the mountains, I have a usually have a problem if there are lots of twists and turns, steep downhills, etc.  I don't usually get car sick, but I feel like I will be sick.  So, I sympathize with Syd.  Sorry your weather isn't nice, Barbara.  It is hot here, but not humid. In fact, they are issuing a fire warning due to expected winds, heat, and dry weather.  The fire north of here is still burning, but has not burned any houses or buildings so far.

I am pretty sure my Road Scholar trip to Utah in September will be canceled since Utah is having virus problems as well.  Better safe than sorry, but I am pretty sad that not only trips but many other activities are likely to be canceled for quite a while.  It is a shame that wearing masks has turned into a political statement rather than a public health reality.  But, I don't see that changing any time soon.  In our very local paper the stores that require masks reported that most people compiled with the request (had masks in their cars and went to get them), but some were quite rude and resistant.

DD was feeling better, but she is still very weak from the lack of iron.  I have not talked to oldest DGS about the condo, but "Army" DGS loves it, and hopefully the others do as well.

Hope your family has a safe trip back, Barbara, and both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I contacted Wayfair again since the rug pad has been stuck in OK since the 18th with no shipment date indicated.  They called me and said that it should come by next Thursday or Friday.  Hope so.

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of June 21

Finally my hair is trimmed. What a relief after 3 1/2 months. Everyone wore masks and there were only 2 customers at a time. I had washed my hair before the appointment but didn't use any mousse or styling cream. I also wore no jewelry. I figured with a mask no one would recognize me.

As I was leaving for my hair appointment Jinx slipped in the door and immediately ran under the 6' wood Chautauqua amphitheater bench. It took several minutes to persuade him to come out so I could put him back outside.

R has a muzzleloader shoot tomorrow. We had some rain but not much. I think the main storms were forecast for the se part of the state.

My guess re: R's appointment is that it is with the office that did his emg last year. First of all it was a recorded reminder call not a call to schedule an appointment. Hopefully we'll have an answer Monday.

Good for Syd to see what driving is like in the mountains. I well remember first driving back roads in WV and those mountains are not the Rockies. Years ago when my cousin moved up from FL he was appalled at our hills. We call them hills but to him they were mountains.

I'm sorry that rug pad is taking so long to arrive, Linda. It's good your DD is feeling somewhat better and Army gs likes condo living. Hope the others do too.