Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of June 21

good afternoon.

i made a quick run to the store to get some veggies...M loves a couple of vegetarian dishes that I make so I though that would be good to eat My knee really bothered me so I am icing it now...

I never go anywhere without a mask....v said they are going to be very careful in Az. Syd cannot gomswimming because it is limited to residents only. She has a ton of masks, wipes and hand sanitizer and her uncle and papa will take good care of her.

Linda..I hope you did not toss all of your cheese...my dr saiys everything in moderation...oats..oatmeal and Cheerios are good natural,cholesterol reducers.Sorry to hear dd had such a hard time getting blood drawn. I am very anemic currently so understand the fatigue. 

tha Linea set is nice..I have no need for it.

Pepper is missing Syd..she is always on my lap.

Claudia..good luck with the window replacement. Our driveway should be replaced but not by us. Lol.

have a good rest of your day.🌈🌈

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Arghhh! I try to proofread, Linda but sometimes get distracted. Obviously I was yesterday.

R said Tippy cried and cried when I left and took Griff to be groomed. R's VA doctor will order some tests for the heaviness he gets in his legs. She also ordered the catheters. So this afternoon after his telephone conference with the doctor, R discovered his right knee is swollen. I'll check it again tomorrow.

I hope Army DGS's test is negative, Linda. It is too bad your DD had such a difficult time with the bloodwork. The lab here always has trouble with R.

Barbara, I have always told R moderation. I only ordered the black tank and shirt because I wanted the shirt in a size that fits and since it was being discontinued I grabbed it. Can't believe I donated the shirt in medium. From now on I will double check the size tags.

We are doing the window replacements gradually. When this is done we will have replaced the kitchen, upstairs bathroom, and attic windows. Next will be the dining room and living room. I'm dreading the sunporch - 9 windows plus having to move all the coats and jackets. Of course the roof is the next big project along with a generator and waterproofing the basement.

Eta: Black is my go to color for tops so I felt the purchase was worth it.

Respected Contributor

good afternoon..I am back from my trip to the rheumatologist. It is a 45 minute drive on a good day but worth the trip. He may change my infusions to every 4 months rather than 6. I have to have a bone density test because of the wrist fracture. 

The travelers about 3 hours from our home.,The highways that were in the fire area have reopened so it will save some time. They will leave on zsaturday and go through Colorado which is a lovely drive.

Linda..I forgot to mention that the Mediterranean is a good way to reduce cholesterol. It is pretty vegetarian based with some fish. I made tye dishes for myself and found most of the recipes tasty. Yikes to dgs having to be tested for the virus. I hope he does not have to quarantine. It is scary and none of our so called leaders at the federal level seem to care. 

Caudia...there are a number of things that we should have done to our current home ,which v realized after the inspection. He is one who is content wit the status quo..that is the way he was raised. Good luck with all os your house repairs.

Nothing else to report..the heat and humidity are on the return

enjoy 🤓🤓

Respected Contributor

The V's and Syd have made good time, Barbara. The bone density test is probably a good idea.

I have 2 pups just now vying for attention. Griff uses the "pyr" paw while Tippy prefers to be vocal.

Oh happy day! I have a hair trim scheduled for Saturday.

R is one content with the status quo. Now he is realizing what needs done and is willing to gradually get it all done. Hopefully he stays focused. I want the house set up so we can live on the first floor if necessary.

A former co-worker and his wife along with their daughter and sil bought a large one story commercial building a while back. Both families have their own space along with room for sil's business and are gradually closing off spaces. Just before Christmas he bought kitchen cabinets and appliances and finally the installation is starting (I bet his wife is delighted) the kitchen will be open to the dining and living areas and bedrooms and study will be more private. A bonus is the grandchildren bring close by.

Linda, I hope your dgs tests negative and you've had a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you were able to see your rheumatologist, Barbara.  I was wondering if you might need more frequent infusions.  My doctor gave me orders for my bone density test and mammogram at the end of September (it may end up being in October).  At least that test doesn't hurt.

I ended up buying lots of food at Wal Mart yesterday, and I have come to realize that the vegetarian/fish diet is probably a good way to go.  I don't eat all that much meat, but plenty of chicken.  I will use up what I have, and then concentrate on finding good vegetarian items.  Years ago, my ex and I did go through a vegetarian stage and DH's children are vegetarian.  But, I have always been concerned with getting sufficient protein without eating meat.  Chicken seemed like a very good choice, but I think that there are vegetarian foods that are pretty close.  

I did not throw out the cheese, but I am really cutting back -- only one slice on the sandwich instead of two and having other lunch foods.  The expiration dates are good, so maybe I can eat what I have.  I will not totally give up cheese, but not go so ape buying/eating it.  I really don't like Cheerios, but I can handle oatmeal.  Doesn't seem like a great choice in this hot weather, but...

Glad your family is making good progress to your Arizona home.  DH was another one who wasn't interested in "house projects", but I am a pretty strong force, and he let me do what I wanted to do as long as it wasn't too expensive.  I did a lot with my ex who was similar.  

Happy you are getting your hair trimmed, Claudia.  My highlighting today went well, and I have an appointment for a hair cut in a couple of weeks.  That is some project your co-worker and wife are doing.  I think a one-level living space is a great idea when you get older. 

DD is feeling much better today, thank goodness.  She said that she spent a lot of time in bed yesterday.  Apparently, "Army" DGS was exposed a month ago, so I feel better.  Of course, he could still give it to other if he has the virus.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Tha TRe: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of June 21

That sounds much better for your DGS, Linda. Hopefully he doesn't have the virus since he would have exposed the family. I'm glad your DD is doing better.

Tippy has taken the branch that came down a few days ago and chewed it into pieces that now fit in the fire pit. We had a lot of wind and rain late afternoon. I'm surprised more branches didn't come down. When the tree was trimmed they neglected to cover the cut areas with paint or something else and multiple branches grew in the same area making it unbalanced. I just wish the branches when they come down would fall into the owner's yard.

I detest Cheerios so I'd pick oatmeal too, Linda.

Respected Contributor

good afternoon..it is very humid today...really dislike high humidity because it affects my joints negatively. I am waiting for Salvation Army to pick up some unwanted furniture. 

everyone made it safely to Az by mid afternoon yesterday. Unfortunately, the pool  is not open to non residents. I think she is having fun entertaining her uncle and papa.

i am feeling restless..it could be fun to drive up to duluth tomorrow..about a 3 hour drive. There is a neat park on Lake Superior where one can sit outside and look at the lake and the boats. There are a number of restaurants with out door seating.i May suggest that to m. She could use a break.

Linda..I am sure you are aware that it takes a long time to reduce cholesterol by diet. You are off to a good start. I am wondering why there was a month long lag before your dgs was tested.good luck with your hospice mailings..the Olli class sounded interesting.

Claudia..I am sure that you will be happy once your hair is cut.Pepper loves to drag big sticks around the yard also..they are always much bigger than she is.

Have a good rest of the day. 🤩🤩

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about your weather, Barbara.  It continues to be hot and dry here, but we have a few clouds today.  I'm looking forward to the predicted cooler temperatures for the weekend (upper 90's).  A trip to Duluth sounds fun.  I keep seeing the ads for Duluth Trading Company, but have not purchased anything yet.  Hope you and M enjoy the trip if you take it.

Good news about the Arizona travelers.  There are a couple of pools and recreation centers open here, but only for use by residents who sign a release.  I'm not at all interested in taking the chance despite missing both the pool and gym.  

Really don't know why there was a delay in testing DGS.  He is still waiting to hear the results.

My hospice mailing went fine, but some of the stamps were mis-printed so that the amount was not very visible.  I went through and tried to piece them back together.  I also told the receptionist who said she would tell the chaplain.  Maybe not an issue, but.....  They were only allowing one person at a time into the Post Office.  I mailed the letters in the lobby box, but others were standing six feet apart.  I read on-line that a Postal employee had the virus, so I guess that they are being extra careful.

I am aware that reducing my cholesterol via diet alone will take time. While I never formally studied nutrition, my FDA job responding to the public was helpful in learning some of the basics.  At least I have high levels of "good" cholesterol which should help balance things out a bit.

DD is doing okay, but not being able to take her iron supplements is causing her to be much more tired than usual.  Hopefully, she can go back on it after she sees the doctor next week (Tuesday, I think).

I guess Tippy did you a service by chewing the branch down to manageable sizes, Claudia.  It is a shame that the neighbor didn't have something done to prevent the branches growing.  I know that can happen from experience with a mesquite tree.  I ended up having it taken out and the roots as well.  Extra money, but worth it.

Very quiet here, but that is okay.  Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Of FRe: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of June 21

[ Edited ]

If I could if the tree or trees taken out but it's over the actual property line. The owner (a local pediatrician) has a picket fence in front of it on his property so it's between the boundary fence and his picket. I see a small maple sprouting between the darn trees- arghh.

R got a call on cellphone that cut off due to poor reception. It appears it was a recorded reminder of an appointment in Erie on the 1st. No idea what. We have no knowledge of it. The VA clinic knows nothing. It is the address where he had an emg last year. There's also a cardiology office. Monday we'll call and try to find out. I have an oil change tire rotation scheduled that morning but can reschedule if needed.

Earlier Griff started barking but a bark is never heard before and backing from the kitchen as if there was something there. R said it was as if he'd seen a ghost. We saw nothing there or on the porch but when I checked out front the young cat was under the car. I wonder if he and Jinx (the cat from next door) were getting into it and that upset the dog.

Meanwhile 3 doors down the street the entire garage has been torn down which upsets Griff. He hates change and notices any thing added or missing.

While we were checking what was bothering Griff, Tippy appears to have gotten a butter container from R's baked potato from Wendy's. He says there were 3 small containers but could only find 2. I don't see how she could have swallowed it but am keeping an eye on her. Checked under 3 chairs but found nothing. I may need to tip the couch. It is possible there were only 2 containers but R thinks 3. Oh the drama. That's why I prefer to eat out. Lol.

R says his muzzleloader group that had the dinner lost about $300 because only 30 people turned up. That doesn't surprise me.

Linda, R ordered a belt from Duluth and was satisfied.

Glad the travelers made it to AZ, Barbara. I hope they have a good trip back. If you and M take your trip tomorrow I hope you find it relaxing.

Respected Contributor

Re: Of FRe: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of June 21

happy Saturday. The Az crew is on the way back. They are going to go up through Utah and over the mountains in Colorado. That is quite a lovely ride.

poor Syd has not experienced mountain driveling so does not understand how the car speeds up when going downhill. We are both good mountain drivers ...

M and I are cleaning ..with most of the stuff gone..it doesn't take long. I finally got the unwanted furniture picked up yesterday.

Linda..I think this virus is going to be around for a long time...I cannot tolerate those who are too selfish to wear a mask. And I do not understand how public health and safety has become so politicized. Enough of my rant. How is your dgs doing in his new condo. Hope your dd is feeling better..

Claudia..yikes about Tippy maybe eating the butter cup. Pepper has gotten much better about not eating random things. Poor gryff with all of the things happening in your neighborhood.

We are in for a number of days with heat and humidity. I do not like the humidity.

have a good day. 💖💖