Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of June 2

Good Afternoon/Evening!  I hope VA does some follow-up for R, Claudia.  Sounds like your neighbors have some very serious health issues.  Not fun.  Hope your weather was good again today, and R, your furbabies, and you are doing okay.

Sorry to hear about your cough, Barbara.  Hope you feel better and enjoy the grilled chicken -- sounds good.  It is hot here, and I have been using fans a lot during the day and AC at night.  I got out my room darkening curtains for the office, and they really seem to help.

It was nice and cool on my early morning walk, and the small refrigerator is gone (picked up by the thrift store), which pleases me.  DD pointed out that the TSV was a style she and DGD liked in the past, and she ordered a set for herself.  I ordered one for DGD.  I think that DD uses them for sleeping.  I'm so flat chested that I'm "off the charts" in terms of size.  They look pretty, but....

Really missing going to visit my hospice patient today, but I know that is part of the deal.  Hope her husband is doing okay.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of June 2

I hope you start feeling better, Barbara. Have you tried a teaspoon of honey for the cough?  Preferably local honey. The chicken sounds good. We had salmon burgers for supper.

It was almost 90° today. I got several errands done plus laundry. I also mowed out front. R decided to try to do the back yard and managed to finish it after taking his time. It's been at least 2-3 years since he was able to do any mowing.

I keep a ceiling fan going at night plus the AC, Linda. The A.C. Helps cool the upstairs some but it's still warmer than downstairs. I'm sure it feels strange not visiting your hospice patient today.

I called my catsitter friend today. She's been feeling down after losing her oldest dog shortly after losing two Boxer mix  sisters to cancer at only 4 years of age.

I'm staying up mainly to let the dogs out one more time. Once that is done in heading upstairs to bed. 

Sleep well.