Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of June 18

Back from Art in the Wilds. We managed to get there just as it opened. No rain and the sub was shining. I bought handmade toaster rings along with a wood fork and spatula. Stopped in at the art glass booth to see what the artist did with the piece of of glass I have him last year. It was a little piece of green glass maybe an inch deep. It is the center of a compass star art glass piece. Too bad it was too pricey for me. He does beautiful work and had a large framed stained glass piece. He does one every couple years.

I stopped at the leather maker's booth for a checkbook cover and glasses case and came out with another bag. Then it was on to look at the beaded jewelry and the leather collars and bracelets. My car sitter friend was pleased to find a print of a car in medieval costume. The artist said the orange tabby was rescued from Afghanistan.

One of the posters on the travel forum is currently in London. Apparently traffic is horrible due to the increase in bike lanes. She isn't seeing as much as she hoped due to time in traffic. I'm glad we went last year. Even then I didn't see all I wanted to.

I hate having to backtrack to the store and return items, Barbara.

R is determined to shoot pistol at his muzzleloader shoot tomorrow and I'm the lucky person who gets to drive him. Lol.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of June 18

Enjoy your cool weather, Barbara.  Not so cool here, but I guess I'm getting used to the heat.  They said there is a 20 percent chance of rain tomorrow.  That would be nice.  

I tried having some juice with the pill this morning.  My stomach hurt a little, but it was better than yesterday.  Sorry you have to go back to return items -- not fun.

You certainly did a lot at the art in the wild, Claudia.  Sounds very interesting.  Too bad the item made from the piece of glass was too expensive.  I remember London traffic being bad back in 1997.  Can't imagine it now.  Sorry you need to drive R to the shoot tomorrow.  Hope it is not too much for him.

DH was okay today -- a little sleepy, but not too bad.  It was pretty cold in there, so I put on his hooded sweatshirt.  They already had a blanket on his legs.  Wonder why they don't just put on long pants?  Oh well, I cannot change his clothes these days, and I'm not quite at the point of taking away his shorts to force the issue.

Nothing exciting going on here.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda