Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of July 9

I do not know where the morning went..syd and I did go grocery shopping..she takes the list and gets all of the staples for me. It remains cool..but will get up in the 90s tomorrow. 

Our bathroom is is scheduled to be done the week of the 24th..hopefully that will happen. 

Sydnie enjoyed the parade...guess the walk was 3 miles and they dance most of the way. Those kids are in such good shape that it does not bother them .

Linda..good that Dh is doing well. I read about the annoying client on the other thread. When that happened at my mothers assisted living, I would ask for help from a caretaker. But I know you are kinder and more patient than I am.

Claudia..too bad that r cannot get a haircut. I have actually made the same mistake of washing my hair with body wash.

Pepper is looking pretty small...I am sure she is under 10 pounds.

hope you both have a nice day.

Esteemed Contributor

I hope the bathroom renovation goes well, Barbara.  Sounds like you will have an "almost new" house once all the work is done, inside and out.  Glad Syd enjoyed the parade.  I danced around a parade several years ago (when I was a carrot), and just a mile or so was so tiring.  Of course, it was very hot inside that costume, and I was quite a bit older than Syd.  

Really hoping I like that Kipling bag as much as Bernie, and you enjoy yours fro here.  I like the idea that it is roomy.  I find my travel bag "too organized" if that is possible.  There are so many pockets, I often can't find things quickly.  I do need pockets and organization, however.

Will Pepper get any larger?  I have had a dog that weighed less than 10 pounds, but the others were slightly heavier.  

DD is still suffering with her migraine.  Tomorrow, oldest DGS will be hosting a "fantasy football" meeting at the house.  Fortunately, he will be supplying all the food -- after consulting with his Mom.  She is insisting that participants either spend the night or Uber/Lift home since these are young (early 20's) men who will probably be drinking.  Oldest DGS has been "the Commissioner" of a fantasy football league in the past, and I imagine that will be true this time.

Sorry R can't get his hair cut, Claudia.  I have made mistakes with liquids in the past, so I am emphasize.  

We had rain yesterday afternoon, and it was nice on my walk, but it is supposed to make it into the 90's (almost 100) again today.  Glad your neighbor let you know about that cactus, Barbara.  I have seen several that fell down during the storms when I take my walk.  Depending on the size, that can be quite dramatic -- block the sidewalk, etc.  This morning, I saw two flag poles that were leaning quite a bit.  One was leaning on a truck.  Hopefully, no damage done.

Guess I better get out to the store to pick up some produce and eye drops for DH.  

Hope both of you have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I hope your Kipling bag is a keeper, Linda. I have one small crossbody bag I like. Dr is a brave soul with eldest gs hosting the party. I definitely agree with her on the staying over or using Uber/Lyft. Fingers crossed her migraine goes away. Barbara, fingers crossed the remodel starts on time. So far we've had no rain today. If tomorrow is nice I should be able to mow. Griff went to the groomer this morning. When I picked him up this afternoon he was wagging his tail fast and furious. The groomer also has a rescue. One cat was sleeping in a chair when it got whacked several times by a pyr tail. It immediately rested up and started slapping the tail.. TT is scheduled for next week. In the same trip I'll pick up his monthly meds at the vet. When I went to refill R's weekly pill box I found he hadn't taken his morning meds. He's been sleeping most of the day. I'll need to keep a closer eye on his pill box. He's concerned he won't be able to shoot his muzzleloader. I told him 10 weeks is way to early to know after such a traumatic injury. Maybe he will, maybe he won't and maybe he'll need surgery. Meanwhile R's debut card is locked down as there was a fraudulent use. I think they said it was in India so he's waiting for a replavement. He really needs to be careful where he orders from. Those FB add tempt people to order without checking the companies out.
Respected Contributor

I did do paragraphs but they disappeared.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  I bet Griff  looked handsome after that grooming, Claudia.  Sorry about R with the pills and the debit card.  Pill-taking was something I had to watch with DH when he started having memory issues.  I would put the pills in the pill box, and then he would either forget to take them, drop them, or otherwise mess things up.  After I while, I would hand the pills to him, and watch when he took them.  Of course, they do that now at his facility.  At least for the evening pills, they also crush them up and put them in something like applesauce.  I know R is impatient to get back to his hobbies, but I am afraid you are correct.  It takes time to recover from trauma.  Hope you got to do the mowing today.

Also hope you continue to feel okay, Barbara.  Are you thinking you will need a different infusion drug?  What a struggle. 

DH was doing pretty well yesterday, and the lady was slightly better, but still very difficult.  There was a different caregiver, and I think he did slightly better with her.  But, she is extremely difficult.  Meanwhile, Larry started acting up.  The caregivers sure earn their money.

Nothing exciting planned here -- laundry, financial review, and visiting DH.   I may go to a different grocery store because they have a Starbucks that takes rewards.  The Safeway here has a Starbucks, but they will not give you any free drinks you have earned.  The Fry's is the closest place that will take it.  And, they are having some produce on sale that I like.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

M and syd are at a dance performance. Her studio is doing several dances at the suburb where they are located summer festival. It is ver warm and humid out so I chose not to go. Plus they are dances that I have seen several,times.

i was awakened this morning by our doorbell stuck in a position where it was wringing and buzzing. It was after 7, but some use have been playing ding dong doorbell to set it off. At least I remembered to turn off the alarm, before syd opened the door to fix it. Strange.

v is going to do laundry for me...he went to work out a little. 

Claudia, I am sure that gryff looks and smells lovely. It is hard to be patient during recovery. Hope r understands how serious his injury was. Empathize with the sleeping...v does not get enough sleep,so tends to doze off when he has nothing todo. Lol

Linda..I am going to ask my dr when I see him at the end of the month about trying a different medication. I have been on the current one for several years and they are not as effective after a period time. I think any one who care for dementia patients has a difficult job. Smart of dd to put some controls on the drinking. Good luck with the Starbucks rewards,

hope you you both have a good day.

Respected Contributor

How frustrating not to get rewards you earned at any location, Linda. I'm sure there is a big turnover rate in caregivers. I remember how nasty mother would be to caregivers.  It's not a job for the fainthearted.

A cooler breezy day here. I mowed out back even though the grass was still damp. Later Griff was laying in the blacktop. I told him - you'd better come in. It's going to rain and your beautiful fur will get wet. A minute later he got up and came in.

It sounds like it might be time to try a different medication, Barbara. Good thing you remembered to turn the alarm off.

Discovered this morning R forgot his bedtime pills. I will really have to keep after him.