Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of July 25

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope R's hand is okay, and you heard about the step, Claudia.  Also hope you are having a good day.

Glad that you made it into town, Barbara.  Sorry you felt dizzy.  I didn't realize you were going back to MN so soon.  Good that Syd liked her visit to the University of MN.  What a shame about the blanket.  Can't say that I am over shopping on trips, but it can get boring at times.  It was certainly fun to visit the shops in Tubac when my "niece" was here.  I only purchased a magnet from one of the park gift shops, but enjoyed seeing other stuff.  However, when you go somewhere when there are multiple stores selling the same things (like jewelry, pottery, etc.) it can be a drag.  

I had a  nice visit with the office manager and the director of the hospice office this morning.  Really made me smile to get to know such caring and kind women.  Also, extremely competent.  The office manager drives 50 minutes to get to the office, but said she enjoys the ride.  The director worked for the same company in California (she grew up in Oakland and lived in the "Foothills") until she and her husband moved here about six months ago.  Just a delightful person.

I went to the gym, and saw a lady I knew from the past (explained on the other thread). 

DD had mentioned that her oven mitts fell apart in the wash, and on impulse I ordered some silicone ones from Amazon that arrived yesterday.  She was very pleased.

Apparently, their dogs are getting to heavy (where have I heard that before), so the vet suggested getting special diet-type dog food.  They only get dog food these days, but had been cut back to 1/4 cup for the day due to the weight gain.  Now they can have more for the same calorie intake.  Also, DD found evidence that a mouse was in the basement, and they are busy setting traps, cleaning, and putting things in sealed containers.

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. The intersection near me is finally open!  

Respected Contributor

Yay, that intersection is finally open, Linda. I bet you're relieved. It sounds like you had a good day.

R's hand does look better today. Our porch/ roof work is on schedule it might be a few days early. At least we can go in and out the cellar door for now. If necessary we could use the back door but that would be a pain. We'd have to unlock the gate each time.

The bills are paid and the banking done. The backyard is mowed too. R spent a good portion of the day helping his buddy with a portable hunting camp he is building on a camper base.

That's a shame you felt dizzy, Barbara. Have a safe drive home. I'm glad Sydnie enjoyed her visit to the University of Minnesota.

My metal spice rack and cat grooming brush have not been delivered from Amazon. If it doesn't show up by tomorrow they'll issue a refund supposedly.

Sleep well. I'm hoping for a better night tonight as I had trouble sleeping last night.

Respected Contributor

Today it was in the mid 70's and no humidity. Big purchase today was a bag of Miracle-Gro for R's trees from Tractor Supply and a hose from Aldi's. R told me last night there were 3 leaks in the old hose.

He is down at the muzzleloader range. The spice  2 tier shelf and cat brush arrived after 5 pm. This morning when I checked it said delivery was attempted and it was taken back to the post office. At least it turned up. When I picked up stamps Wednesday they had helped wanted posted on the door. That's a first.

I organized the counter in the kitchen and now the various spices are I the 2 tier metal racks. Much better than a crazy jumble on the counter.

Barbara, I hope you had a good drive home today.

I hope the dematting tool works on Spookit.  She has not been happy when I've tried to trim them. Once I get rid of them regular brushing should keep her mat free. Oddly enough there are no mats on her tail.

I hope you've had a good day, Linda.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Hope your drive back to MN went okay, Barbara.

Your weather sounds refreshing, Claudia.  It is not that hot here (only made it to 90 degrees), but feels warmer due to the humidity and lack of clouds.  While earlier  they predicted thunderstorms, now they are saying clear skies.  Fortunately, it wasn't too hot on my walk.  While there are still muddy parts on the roads, the barricades have come down, and no more trees or bushes in the road.  Very happy.  Like they say, you don't know what you have until it is gone.  I don't think I will take that intersection for granted any longer -- at least for a while.

Glad the Amazon order came, and you have arranged all those spices.  I didn't realize that so many are needed for smoking.  For sure, I have been buying lots of spices and other ingredients for vegan/vegetarian cooking.  Hope the tool works on Spookit.  

DH's friend called this afternoon, and talked and talked.  He told me that his son who has a large home in Maryland and smaller one in Florida just had a new roof put on for $26,000.  This was a flat roof, but they had changed the code, and the roof had to be built up plus he had insulation added, etc.  Yikes!  Here I am freaked out about spending $6,000 and hoping for half price or lower.  LOL  Of course, his son is much better off financially than me plus the Florida house is larger, on the waterfront, etc., etc.  

On FB, I saw that my youngest nephew and family are spending time at the beach with his wife's family.  I think in the Outer Banks.  The kids are adorable.  I also saw that DH's DD and family are in Spain.  I knew the older DGD was planning to visit, but didn't know the whole family would be there.  It looks like they are having a good time.

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda