Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of July 25

Good afternoon..another hot, humid Mn summer day. After I am finished with the post ,mi am going to pack for the trip tomorrow.

I decided to start a course of prednisone, so I can enjoy things. I haven't used any since March. 

Syd enjoyed the amusement park..she brought 2 friends with her so she would not have to be alone with the guy. He said some very inappropriate things to her on their first date. Her gfs said to get rid of him so she is. All I can say is yikes. 

Linda, congrats to dd for getting her certification. Is she going to look for a job??? I think that you mentioned that she liked belly dancing.

In our community, one is required to have someone check on the house, so is there is storm damage, we will know about.,in the past, a big cactus fell over on the house and in another storm, part of the Az room roof was damaged.

Our insurance company facilitated a lot and our caretaker supervised .

I am sure that you will find some good Olli classes

Claufia , hope you are having a good Sunday. Is R smoking meat?

Pepper escaped yesterday because m left one of the gates open. Neighbors know who she belongs to, so someone brought her back.

Enjoy.🍔🍔

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of July 25

Good Afternoon/Evening!  I bet it is hotter in MN than Arizona today, Barbara.  Our high for the day is supposed to be 76 degrees.  Definitely humid here -- rain off and on.  The rain was so heavy on my walk this morning that I cut it way short.  Some of the bushes are out of the way, but still lots of mud, puddles, etc. in the street and parts of the sidewalk.  Someone on the neighborhood bulletin board said that their rain gauge showed that we got 6 inches in 24 hours.  I imagine that is higher than the official amount, but we have certainty been having lots and lots of rain.  

Sounds like a good idea to get started packing (is your trip tomorrow?) and start on prednisone so you can enjoy things.  That is something about Syd's date.  Glad she is dumping the guy.  

DD has been looking for a job, but no luck so far.  I think she would really like to get a part-time paying job with the charity where she volunteers, and her boss would like for her to do so.  But, it may not be possible due to lack of funds.  I know she doesn't want to work full-time at this point. 

I believe your community is more restrictive than this one.  Each neighborhood has its own rules, and this one has less than many others in the area (so I have heard).  Good that things worked so well when the cactus fell on your Arizona room roof.

Glad a neighbor found Pepper and returned her.

I was happy that I decided to go to services on-line since I understand things are still bad at the big intersection nearby.  In fact, now I heard that it may be closed for another day or more.  And, I also heard that all the refrigerator and freezer cases at Walmart were empty the other day since they threw out all the food.  I would have thought that Walmart would have had a generator -- large store.

I went to the gym after the church service, and I continue to be amazed how much my muscles are feeling the exercises.  And, sweat just pouring down my face. 

One of the senior lunch bosses called me about the re-start in September.  She told me that they are requiring that volunteers be vaccinated (no problem for me, but may be for my buddy), and probably wear masks. 

Hope all is going well with you Claudia, and R did okay if he went to his shoot.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda  

Respected Contributor

No rain here. It was hot and humid - about 90°. R has enthusiasms that after a while fade away. No smoking done lately. 7 days a week were a bit much. He may start back up but right now he's planning on stacking his wood tomorrow.

I need to go to the grocery for several items tomorrow. He took longer at his shoot than anticipated so we had supper out. Will be cutting back on dinner out.

6" in 24 hours is quite a bit of rain, Linda. It certainly would be perfect if your DD was able to get a pt job where she currently volunteers.

Good for Sydnie, Barbara on taking her friends' advice. Thank goodness Pepper was quickly spotted and returned.

Enjoy your trip and I hope the prednisone helps.

One of R's combat buddies is a doctor. We just got a postcard from him that for 9 weeks he will be the ship's physician for a maritime academy training ship. Post card was mailed from Puerto Rico. Should be interesting.

Have a nice evening.

Respected Contributor

we are in Galena..it was a pretty easy trip Our condo is quite lovely ..very updated. I think it would be quite lovely in the fall because we are over looking a beautiful valley..

mre later.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  I think I am a bit like R in that I tend to get all excited about something and then move on for a while, Claudia.  For example, the Insta Pot which I still use, but down to three times a week on average.  Same is true of cleaning products, etc.  But, I'm not as bad as my ex who seemed to be constantly hopping from one thing to another..

Hope you made it to the grocery, and your weather was okay today.  I talked about our weather and my internet issues on the other thread.  We needed the rain, but not so much at once.  And, it is nice to see the sun again.  

Glad you made it to Galena with no problems, Barbara.  Happy the condo is so nice.

After all the intenet mess, I was pretty tired this afternoon and took a 20 minute nap.  Now I feel up to doing some exercise and cooking. 

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you had a nice drive and ie the condo, Barbara.

I made it to the grocery then dropped some things off at goodwill on my way home today was a bit cooler but sunny.

Adam called a bit ago next month or early September he will be switching to a different position in quality assurance. It's a lateral step which has a good possibility of promotion. 

When he went to his cousin's wedding he was able to pick up my brother at the airport. Then they took a drive up Pike's Peak (unbelievable, autocorrect changed it to Luke's Peak).

Wedding photos were just recently posted and my sister posted photos from my nephew's wedding. Both lovely but 2 very different types of weddings. The CO one very laid back and casual. Her brother's wedding very formal.

Linda, I'm glad the internet is working again and you didn't have to pay. One feels so lost when it stops working.

The shoot yesterday really tired R out. He laid in his chair sleeping much of today. Usually he's awake a few hours before me and has let the dogs out and fed them. Not today.  Both dogs were very eager to go out. Obviously no wood stacking was done. I'm not sure about tomorrow. If tomorrow isn't as hot I hope to trim behind the garage.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I did a small grocery run this morning. We are located 8 miles outside of Galena. It is a small historic town with lots of restaurants and shops.I may go check out the shopping area tomorrow. We could have some bad weather today, so we are staying in.I plan on working on the baby blanket.

Linda.glad you r internet straightened up...ours in Az is pretty touchy at time so v bought a WiFi booster, which seems to help. I do not buy a lit of kitchen gadgets. I do have a small instapot that I like for some things, but my go to is my crock pot.I hope your achy muscles are getting better. 

Claudia..hope r is perkier today. Glad you got pics from the weddings. There are many options for weddings today...

Good for Adam for getting the job change.Poor Pepper was very anxious when she saw the suitcases yesterday and her carrier wasn't there.,lol.M got Sydnie up tomccalm her down

have a goodcdaylm😘🥰

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Hope R is better today, Claudia.  Good for Adam.  Sounds like they appreciate him at work.  Interesting about the weddings. 

I did go ahead and sign up for the protection plan through the cable company (extra $5 a month).  It may be wasted  money, but I don't want to have to pay $75 for one visit.  And, the internet is just too important to my life, especially during COVID times.

The pictures of the condo you posted on FB looked nice, Barbara.  Sorry the weather isn't great today, but I'm sure you will enjoy your stay.  Funny about Pepper.  Good that Syd was able to help with her anxiety.  Happily, my achy muscles seem better.  I plan to go to the gym again tomorrow, and I will see how it goes then.

It is sunny and pretty hot today already 90 degrees), but there is a chance of thunderstorms this afternoon.  It wasn't bad on my walk this morning -- still lots of mud and crews working on downed trees.  No big plans for the day except a Walmart pick-up (mostly toiletries).  I think there is still a detour to get to the main intersection on the way, but hopefully that will not be a problem.

I talked to DD about her female dogs "pink eye", and she said the vet said that it and the cough the male dog has are due to a virus -- sort of like the common cold.  He said that this is very common with dogs who go to "doggy daycare" -- like humans who go to daycare. DD said Joy's eye looks bad, but she is no longer scratching it, and did well at the vets.  The vet was impressed at how much she had improved from the last visit (she had been flagged as a biter, etc.)  The training and daycare really helped according to DD. He took off the red flag so she no longer needs to be muzzled.

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda..pepper gets a "kennel cough" vaccine that protects from the colds and eye issues in group settings. I would guess dd has had those done.

Claudia..I forgot to mention that when my youngest brother was atvAnnapolis, he taught on one of those training trips...he was excellent on sailing ships.Hecwas on the tall ship from the Naval Academy that said in the bicentennial celebration. He then went on to be a pilot..lol.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, DD's dogs had those vaccines, but the vet said that they protect against bacterial infections, and these were viral infections.  While it isn't fun for them to be sick, I think the DD will send them back to the daycare since there are positive aspects to socialization with other dogs and caregivers.  They have only been going once a week, but overall positive experience.