Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of July 18

I'm glad your hip has improved somewhat, Barbara. Today was not humid I hear this next week may be more humid.

Linda, I certainly hope your storms will not be bad. How horrible to have a side of a house fall/blow off. I would  think  the groceries would have a generator. A former co-worker who lives an hour away posted his church had much damage. Flooding in the church basement, house,  and outbuildings. Mud in the parking lot. They had to take the furnace and ductwork out. Parking lot was mud. They cleaned up the parking lot and another storm came through. Parking lot is now mud again.

I mowed the back yard this afternoon. Both dogs supervised. R and his buddy heard of some affordable fire wood for R's stove in the garage and are transporting 2 face cords tomorrow morning.  Can't say I'm enthused at it taking up space in the yard but...

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I am recovering from doing too much running around this morning. I am at a point where I need to remember to pace myself.,I am not doing any packing until tomorrow.mWe are going for 6 days and there are laundry facilities in our unit so I do not need to pack a lot

V3 just sent a picture of the bedroom where my step grandson s pregnant girlfriend was sleeping.,They had a bad storm and a big tree limb went through the roof, narrowly missing her as she slept. Omg,,,she was very lucky.

Linda..you would not be happy with a couple of my meds. My infusion drugs have Black box warnings...cancer is a big potential side effect, which is why I now have to be monitored by a hematologist.,It is a trade off but I would rather be functional .When I am able to go to the gym my weight limit is 15ton20 pounds. It is nice to reconnect with old friends.

az is having a lot of rain, which is badly needed.

Claudia, fortunately,we have never experienced flooding.,the flood in Germany was something else.Poor Pepper is moping around because Sydnie is on a date at a huge amusement park here.lol

Have a good day..m likes to grill so we are having chicken for dinner.

🥰🥰

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Hope R is doing okay, and there were no problems in getting that wood, Claudia.  Also hope it isn't too humid there, and you are feeling well.   Sorry to hear about the flood damage to that church.

Apparently, many (not all) of the stores and homes nearby got their power back around 4:00 a.m.this morning.  But, getting to them is complicated due to roads being blocked, new power poles being installed, debris in the streets and parking lots, etc.  They are recommending not trying to go to that area today unless you really need to do so.  Our pastor just sent out a note saying that the church is open and okay, but people coming from this area will need to take a different route and then backtrack from the north.  I have decided to go with on-line church instead.

Sorry you overdid it Barbara.  Arizona really needs the rain, but when it comes so fast and hard there can be flooding since the ground is too dry to absorb it.  That is why we have the flash flood warnings here despite the rain being pretty gentle today.  I think some of the problem with neighborhood streets/sidewalks is due to homeowners being out-of-town.  I know arranging for trees and other things to be removed is very difficult if you are not in the area.  It isn't just trees/bushes/cactus, etc., but stones, rocks, etc. from people's yards in addition to mud.  Quite a mess.

I completely understand taking medication that has "black box warnings", and I do so with Prolia.  Not so much cancer, but other really negative effects.  On the other hand, my arthritis isn't sufficiently bad to cause mobility issues, and I can often get away with using somewhat safer medication.  Not always, of course.  Some nights I need to use Voltaren or I cannot sleep at all.

I didn't realize you were going on your trip so soon.  Glad you will have laundry facilities, etc.  That is such a frightening story about your step grandson's pregnant girlfriend.  So glad she is okay.  Very lucky indeed.

While I am a sun-lover plus enjoy warm/hot weather, I am certainly enjoying this cool day.

DD texted me that she finished her last class (there were three or four in the series) and passed her Administrative Assistant certification test.  She is very happy.  So far, she hasn't found any "academic" or training type classes for the Fall, but she and DGD have signed up for belly dancing and another recreation type class.

I had my meditation Zoom meeting this morning, and I'm doing the laundry.  Later, I plan to do an exercise DVD and my weekly financial review.  Very quiet day.

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Your step grandson's gf is extremely lucky, Barbara. What a scare.

Try to take it easy. Hope your trip is lots of fun.

Quite a tragedy with the flooding in Germany.

No rain was expected here but we got some a bit ago. More is expected tomorrow. R thinks he'll go to his shoot. Meanwhile two face cords of wood are sitting in the driveway.

Attending church online tomorrow is a good choice, Linda. That's great your DD passed her certification test. Its been a quiet day here too. Tippy has started her early evening whining so I suppose I should let her and Griffyn out.

Have a good evening.