Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of July 11

Good afternoon..the heat has returned but it is nice and cool in the house. Syd and I just finished a session on grammar. It was obvious to me that the subject is not taught. We went over comma usage and the finer points. I think she has a decent grasp on it. I cannot wait to teach semicolons.🤪🤪

I ended up with my joints in very bad shape yesterday afternoon. I could not go to the knitting session. today, I am better.

I agree that the cost of mailing packages is exorbitant. I try to avoid it as much as possible.

Caudia..glad tippy has not pooped in the house.Hope you do not get a lot of rain.

Linda.hope you are having a good day.

I plan on knitting this afternoon.

enjoy.🌼🌼

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Pretty crazy day so far, but I have managed to get some things done.

Glad you were able to do the mowing before the rain and no more accidents, Claudia.  Hope R slept last night.  I slept better, thank goodness.  Happy R was willing to donate some of his things.

Hi Barbara.  Sorry you were not well enough to go to the knitting event yesterday.  Good that you can help Syd with grammar. 

My "niece" and I discussed some of the issues with teaching these days, including parents and students thinking that they are "entitled" to pass AP classes despite not doing the work and/or reading at a very low level.  I'm sure she is a very good teacher, but there are challenges.  I was impressed that she opened herself up to questions for the class after my nephew died.  She said the students were great -- better than many adults who just don't know what to say.  Hope you are enjoying the knitting indoors in the cool.

I managed to scrap my legs taking down the sofa bed, and then when I took apart my old Oreck upright vacuum.  Just before my niece came, it made a horrible noise, but I waited until today to try to repair it.  I looked at the manual and You Tube, but no luck in getting it back together.  It gave me many years of service, but I am sure the cost of repair would be equal or more than the price of a new vacuum.  I have a fairly new Miele canister vacuum that will just have to do for the time being.

It was nice on my walk (not too hot), but is pretty hot now (93 degrees).  We may have some thunderstorms later.  My poor niece couldn't go on her planned hike yesterday due to the storms.  Fingers crossed she can do so today.

I participated in the meditation Zoom group, done the laundry and some cooking, but need to exercise plus do my weekly financial review.  Definitely a big "spending" week.  Oh well.

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

We had a lot of rain today but WNY is worse off. I heard a culvert collapsed on the route we usually take to the vet and groomer. While in Wal-Mart the power went off suddenly. It did come back on in 10 minutes or so. The place I get my hair trimmed was very busy. The stylist said another salon across the parking lot closed suddenly and their phone # forwarded the calls to this salon.

We had breakfast and dinner at the new restaurant. I wasn't about to turn it down when R suggested it. It doesn't happen often. I was afraid we were in for more smoked meat tonight.

Do you like the Miele canister, Linda? It's too bad you scraped your leg taking the sofa bed down. It's easy to do as there's so much metal. Fortunately big spending weeks don't come along often. I hope your niece was able to go on her planned hike today. 

Sydnie is fortunate to have you to teach her grammar and punctuation, Barbara. It's a shame you weren't able to go to knitting. I always tried to supplement Adam and Whitney's  history lessons along with English. Management at Adam's job have commented that his reports are written in complete sentences.

R still didn't sleep well and his dry cough is acting up. I suspect it is due to his not using his c-pap because he doesn't sleep well.

I hope you have a good evening