Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of January 15

I had no time to post yesterday..our company came at noon and did not leave unti almost 9. The Vikings game was one of the best we have ever watched.. the ending made the game.

i have a massage this morning and then my friend is coming over to figure out some Rodan and fields things.

i fly to the frozen north tomorrow morning.

Claudia..hope r gets stronger each day.  What an ordeal.

Linda..sounds like dds vivid was good for Dh. Your plate is very full also. 

Hope me everyone’s day is acceptable.

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of January 15

Drove back to the hospital this morning after I managed to get the car doors open. The roads weren't good the first half of the drive but then improved.

Some are talking transfer to a local  nursing home for 10 days of if antibiotics. Surgeon doesn't think it necessary. I may learn more tomorrow. Right now it's very windy and cold. I ordered supper delivered to the hotel.

Safe travels tomorrow, Barbara.

Linda, I hope your DH's visit with his daughter helped.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  That was some game, Barbara.  One of the residents at DH's place is a Vikings fan, and I watched a hunk of the game with her.  The ending was so exciting.  Congratulations to all Vikings fans.  Hope it isn't too cold for you tomorrow.  I sure would not want to go back to the very cold weather, but I know it is necessary.

I think (not sure) that Syd was considering going to a ballet camp or something similar this summer, and so is DH's older DGD (age 14).  She is trying out for various schools, and has been accepted to one in Philadelphia.  It is for four weeks, and she would be staying at a dorm.  Tomorrow, she tries out for one in Chicago, but she is really hoping she gets accepted in one in San Francisco.  She is pretty excited.

Sorry the drive wasn't easy, and it is so very cold there, Claudia.  You and R have been through the wringer.  Fingers crossed they pick the right solution for R, and he can be settled somewhere.  This back and forth is so hard on you.  Hugs.

DH was okay today, but he didn't talk much at all, and he seemed a little anxious.  He did eat well and smiled some.  I think his DD's visit was good for him, but I think he may miss her a lot when she leaves.  Not much we can do about that.

Hope both of you can get some rest tonight. 

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Hope you had a safe and relatively easy trip home to MN, Barbara.  Also hope you keep warm.   The lady from MN who is visiting her father and stepmother told me that there was a 75 degree difference between MN and here when she came.  Yikes!

Hope things are settling down for you and R, Claudia.  Also hope you can keep warm and take care of yourself as well as R.

The senior lunch program went pretty well, and I'm headed to the gym soon.  I will visit DH later.

Sleep well everyone.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Keep warm, Barbara!

It appears R will be transferred in the next day or so to a local nursing home. Since he's anemic again he had an iv of iron. Once he's transferred I can bring the dogs home.

Weather permitting I'll go home tomorrow. Cold and snowy here.

Glad the lunch program went well, Linda. Hope the rest of your day is good.

Respected Contributor

I had no time to post yesterday..Syd is always excited when I first get home so she had 3 hours of pretty much non stop talking to me..lol..

i am getting my infusion. As usual there are no groceries so will need to stop on the way home. The car is very dirty so would like to get that washed also because the next few days will be relatively warm.

Claudia. Good to hear that r will be in your home area. I am sure that will make it easier for you. I hope his recovery is uneventful.

Linda...hope Dh continues to maintain. Looks as if Az will be a bit cooler this next weekend. Hope your dd is surviving the bad weather out there. 

I hoe you both have a decent day.

Esteemed Contributor

That is cute about Syd, Barbara.  Hope your post-infusion headache isn't too bad, and you had no problems getting the groceries, etc.  

Hope that R is transferred to someplace nearer home, Claudia.  Also hope he does okay, and you can take care of yourself.  

The trip to the American Indian museum was nice, but it was cooler and windy there.  The ladies were nice, and the lunch place was good.  Made it back in time to visit DH, and he was doing pretty well.  He isn't talking much, but he certainly seems better than last week.  

My DD said the weather was bad earlier in the day, but not bad when we spoke around 11:00 a.m. her time.  Youngest DGS went to work late since the college opened late.  Army DGS chances of a job with the regular Best Buy is looking pretty hopeful.   Fingers crossed it comes through.  His store is closing at the end of the month.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good morning..our heat is not working so I am awaiting a repair person. We have trouble with the fan and I think that is the problem .i am sitting by the duraflame heater with a couple of blankets on...plus a barefoot dreams cardi. It is a little brisk I. The house.⛄️

My headache is pretty bad bad so I am not going anywhere today. I did not sleep well even with the pain meds. Arghhhh.

Claudia...hope r is closer to you.  

Linda...have a good day..glad that Dh is perkier.

😘😘

Respected Contributor

I got home last night. Driving conditions weren't too bad.

Picked up more dog food on my way. I got home to find the recycle bins scattered in the driveway and I had to get out and  collect them all before I could pull in.

This morning I retrieved some very happy dogs. Driving up the way I usually go to the boarding kennel was not great. I took another road down that the kennel owner said is better maintained. I used the 20'  tie out to get TT in the house. I had planned to have him go out the back passenger side door but he squeezed up front. Then it was back to get Griffyn who gave kisses and cried half the way home.

I still have not heard when R will be transferred. He hasn't heard either. He is having trouble eating because his tongue is very sore. Maybe it's from the antibiotics. I left my cell phone with him so he can call when he finds something out. Today or most likely tomorrow I'll take his phone into Verizon. After getting the dogs home I stopped at the cu. There was a phone message re: possible fraud of R's debit card. So the card is replaced again.

If they don't get a move on and transfer R soon his days of if antibiotics will be up.

Fingers crossed for Army gs and the job, Linda. I'm glad you enjoyed the day trip in spite of the weather. Glad your DH has perked up.

Hope the heat is working again soon, Barbara. I bet Sydnie was talking a mile a minute.

Take it easy. I'm sorry your headache is so bad.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about the lack of heat and your headache, Barbara.  Hope you are feeling better and have heat again soon.

Glad you have the dogs home, Claudia.  Really hope they move R soon, and he improves soon as well.  It seems like he has been away for ages.  Good that the drive home wasn't too bad.  

Army DGS had his third interview for the job this afternoon.  I think he would be thrilled to get the job, which I think would be part of the "Geek" squad.  DD got her new stove today, and is very happy to have it.  And, my SIL's car should be ready this afternoon.  All good.

I'm back from the gym, and headed to my caregivers meeting soon. 

I found out that one of my work friends passed away suddenly.  She was a year younger than me and retired when I did.  She had been very heavy (obese), but went through a medical program (Duke University), and lost more than 100 pounds.  This was before she retired.  She had been busy -- consulting, going to concerts, etc., and loving life.  But, two weeks ago she got an infection in her leg.  The medicine did not work, and she didn't get to the hospital until late because of the storms, etc.  When she got there, the infection had spread to her lungs and heart, and she passed away quickly.  I'm shocked and saddened -- very nice lady, extremely hard working, and fun to be around.  

Hope you feel better, Barbara, things go okay for you, Claudia (I can't believe that CU card has been compromised again!), and everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda