Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of February 26

I am back from the rehearsal for Vivaldi's Gloria. My knees are burning from all of the standing so I am icing them for a while. I still need to make an angel food cake for vs birthday.

M got home yesterday to find that sydnie had not put Pepper in her kennel .she managed to chew the cap off one of ms pill bottle and who knew what she had ingested. So after calling the vet, m had to take her an emergency vet for treatment to the tune of $1000.  They kept her overnight and she I'd fine. Syd is very lucky because pepper could have died since she is so small..only 10 pounds.. I hope syd learned a lesson.

Bet your class was interesting. I am most worried about what is going on here. We have made our final arrangements also....it will be easier on the kids. Hope that lift arrives for dh soon.

i have no idea why this is in italics.

Claudia..is it cold there.. Hope the doggies are behaving.

The traffic for the Renaissance festival is horrible so I am going to stay at church tomorrow. I will pack something for lunch.

it is beautiful here. Enjoy your day

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to hear about your knee pain, Barbara.  I think knee problems among people our age are extremely common.  I guess I am lucky only one of mine bothers me, and of course, I don't have RA.  Sorry you have that disease -- not fair.  

Hope you get V's birthday cake made with no problems.  Your idea of staying at church sounds wise.  I heard an ad on the radio about the festival, and it sounds like you will have traffic jams for the whole month.

How very upsetting about Pepper and the pill bottle.  I'm sure Syd feels bad, and I really hope she learns not to leave Pepper out of the crate in the future.

Sounds like your friend's DH helped to save that lady's life, Claudia.  The storm must have been quite something.  Hope you are feeling okay today, and the dogs and R are doing okay as well.

It is nice and sunny here today -- highs in the mid 70's, which is great.  But, the wind is quite strong which I found out when I took a walk.  My hair was standing on end.  LOL

DH was smiling, and as usual was happy to see me.  The lift has not arrived yet, but I guess the caregivers are doing okay without it so far.

My usual laundry and financial review today, and I'm making some pumpkin muffins as well.  One of the caregivers (I think the one who made the delicious apple cake) made cheesecake, so I brought a piece home for dessert tonight.  I'm not a huge cheesecake fan, but I do like it, especially with some fruit on top.  I have some fresh blueberries which should go nicely.

DH's SIL posted a picture on FB of a whale they saw on their "whale watching" tour yesterday -- quite spectacular.

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Pepper is a lucky dog. Expensive and lucky. Hopefully Sydnie has learned her lesson. Standing for a long time is difficult, Barbara. I hope your knees feel better now. It's a good idea to stay at church and avoid that traffic. Happy Birthday to V. It is cold today- low 20's but sunny. The snow we got overnight has melted from the sidewalks. I'm happy the weather improved for DH's daughter and family, Linda. When taking trips you can only hope the weather cooperates. I saw Iceland was expecting very bright northern lights so planned to turn street lights and other lights off in the capital so people could view the lights in town. Too bad we couldn't have gone back. Ours were muted but we were fortunate to see any. It's good the caregivers have managed without the lift. I hope it arrived soon as it's good to have it available if needed.