Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of February 26

Good morning..it is bright and sunny today. I am going out with friends to a local olive grove that sells great olive oil and has yummy lunches. Afterwards, we will go to a close by butcher shop that specializes in great pork. I have to sing at ashbwednesday services tonight.

M said her headache is finally getting better. She is pretty sure that she will have to travel for her training. With our luck it will be when syd has her first competition and I will have to deal with the hair.  Yikes   Lol

Linda, that is too bad that dhs dil is so difficult. That kind of behavior makes life difficult for everyone. Are dhs eye problems related to his disease?!!  The party yesterday sounded nice.

Claudia..hope you get gryff off to his grooming ok. Sounds like r is feeling better. How nice you saw former coworkers.

Linda, congrats to dgs on the ra position. V did that while he was in college and liked it.

i need to get ready..hope you have a nice day. No jewelry for me today...I have my favorites that I wear all,the time.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  

How nice to run into your old friends, Claudia.  Hope the grooming went well.  

Your shopping/lunch sounds fun, Barbara.  Hope the singing goes well.  

DH had these eye issues when I first met him, so I don't think it has anything to do with the disease.  He does have dry eye, and the eye doctor said he has some sort of low level infection of his eyelid.  Very difficult to get rid of.  The doctor was the one who suggested the compresses to help.

I think things have only gotten worse with time with DH's DIL.  Sometimes, she is quite nice to him, but she resents his DD very much.  She has accused him of "taking her side", and he was not able to resolve the issue.  I don't know if she will be going to Turkey this summer, but probably so unless her Mom comes to the U.S.

DD said that oldest DGS was not happy that the life insurance company did not offer the job right away, but she pointed out that he should keep looking.  She is also planning to suggest some certificate programs that might help him obtain skills to make him more employable.  Hope that he listens to her.

DH was doing fine when I visited him at lunchtime, and I'll be going back soon.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Hope you enjoyed lunch and found some olive oil products you liked, Barbara. Fingers crossed you don't have to deal with the hair on your own. Hope your singing goes well at tonight's service. I'm sure it will.

Today was hectic. After I dropped Griff at the groomers I went on to Wegman's. I made it home in time for R's bowling then cleaned the yard. I left right after that to pick up a refill of Griff's medicine and to pick him up. He looks gorgeous and fluffy and was ignoring the cat sleeping in the lobby area.

We were to get rain and wind but it's only drizzled off and on.

I think your DD is right, Linda. I hope your DGS listens.  As I well know sometimes they don't listen. I could not persuade Adam to check several opportunities. I'm glad the compresses help your DH.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope your day is a little less hectic, Claudia.  Not to be nasty, but I think sometimes guys (regardless of age) can be pretty stubborn about taking advice/suggestions from their Mom's, wives, etc.  Still hoping that DGS will take DD's suggestions seriously.

How are things going with M and the new job, Barbara?  Any word on her training for the new job?  Hope your singing went very well yesterday, and you are not too tired today.  I meant to mention that I sort of got into olive oil soap a while back, and I have ordered it from eBay several times -- it was shipped all the way from Greece, and the price was less than buying similar products locally.   But, I do like to support local businesses, so going to an olive oil producer locally would be good as well.

I have a caregivers lunch and meeting today before going to my British history class.  Then, I will be visiting DH.  Hopefully, I will hear something about the lift, etc. from the hospice nurse when she visits.  

Have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

We played bridge this morning...I had terrible cards.came in 2nd lowest..lol. We have our annual mn get together this afternoon. That is always fun.,

Last night at choir, an older choir member fell backwards down 5 concrete steps when he was returning from communion.,you could hear the crack as he hit his head. He appeared to have a couple of seizures...the service stopped and a couple of nurses came to help. After the emits arrived, we were dismissed. I have not heard how he is foing but it was a pretty serious fall.

Linda, m does not start her new job until the 13th. She did her drug screen on Saturday and they are waiting for those results..which will be fine. She is done at Humana on Thursday.

i hope your dgs takes advice from his mom. Job hunting is very competitive these days. I wish him luck.

Claudia..I have to offer advice very carefully.  I think that is a quality most men have.

it is a pretty day her.

enjoy

Respected Contributor

That is a pretty serious fall, Barbara. What a shame. I hope he recovers well.

Did you purchase any olive oil yesterday? Every so often I order some from a company in Saratoga, N.Y..

I do try to be careful in dishing out advice. This morning we had snow on the ground. After lunch I went to pick up milk and dog food. Wouldn't you know I lost my grip on one of the half gallon glass bottles and it smashed on the sidewalk beside the car. Luckily I had an empty box in the trunk but it took a long time to pick up all the pieces.:

I hope you had a good lunch/ meeting, Linda. Also hope you can meet up with the hospice nurse. I saw in today's paper the assisted living suites that mother initially was in are building 8 more one bedroom suites. They have quite a waiting list. They are part of an estate that includes the nursing home plus low income apartments for elderly/disabled.

Respected Contributor

I am off to a massage in a little while. Got some groceries for the weekend. Vs bday is tomorrow and I will make him a nice dinner. I do not like going out on Saturday night  here..much too crowded.

the man who fell had a fatal injury. It is so sad. The Drs said they thought that he may have had a major stroke or aneurism that precipitated the fall. His wife is doing ok.

m still has no idea when she will go for training. I have a feeling it will be during syds competition.

Hope you are both having a good day.

Respected Contributor

Barbara, that's so sad the man had a fatal injury. I'm sure it's very difficult for his wife. Happy Birthday to V tomorrow. I'm sure Saturday night's are quite crowded in your area. You are probably correct in thinking M's training will be at competition time. I had a nice chat this morning with a friend since 1st grade. We've been playing phone tag the past couple weeks. She is busy helping her mother. She told me her mother drove to the post office- the one with very limited parking. When backing in she clipped the bumper of a vehicle then drove over the parking meter. Yikes. She told me her husband drove to a nearby lake to fish on one of our warm days last week. He had called Bev to tell her he was heading back in as it was getting windy. Just after that the wind and a wave capsized his canoe. He had his life jacket on and when he came back up to the surface spit out lake water and there went his dentures! He also lost the cell phone and lots of equipment. He started swimming for shore and was helped by 2 other fishermen who were able to get to him. He was very lucky especially since the water is so cold this time of year. Linda, Louis just posted a sneak peek of the sleeveless blouse on louisdellolio dot com. White, aqua, yellow, pink. It will be presented on the 11th.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon!  How sad about your choir member, Barbara.  I imagine his wife is in shock.  Happy Birthday to V tomorrow.  Hope you enjoyed your massage.

That is some story about your friends' husband, Claudia.  Sounds like he is lucky to be alive.  It must be quite a drag to lose your dentures, phone, etc., but the important thing is that they can be replaced.

The hospice nurse said the Hoyer lift should have arrived last week, so she re-ordered it.  DH was fine when I visited yesterday and today -- smiling, etc.  Still in the wheelchair, but....

I had a nice time with the caregivers yesterday.  One of the ladies was telling us that her husband, suddenly has made funeral arrangements.  He has all sorts of aliments (including cancer), but he had not admitted that he had any issues until after she was away for three days and came home.  He is a former Marine, and very much "in charge".  Anyway, they are going to look at the niche he has picked out in CA next month.  I know she had mixed emotions, but....One of the ladies, who is also in my church, has congestive heart failure.  So, we were discussing her low sodium diet, etc.  Her husband passed away last year, and I know she is quite a bit older than me.  Very nice lady and really looks good.

My Middle East history class was about Turkey today -- sort of glad DH doesn't know what is happening there.  I was afraid I would be late to feed DH lunch since I went to the gym, but I made it okay.

DH's DD said the weather was better yesterday, and they planned to go whale watching today.  They fly home tomorrow.

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- thanks for the information about the blouse, Claudia.  Nice looking.

Respected Contributor

I started out with paragraphs but they seem to have disappeared. Bev said her husband saw a woman in a kayak when he was out on the lake before he capsized. No life jacket, shorts, and a tank top. He told her to get off the lake before something went wrong.