Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of February 21

we have another pretty day here. We are going to a state park  where there are a w ild horses. It is located on the Salt Riverv and I believe it is the only herd in Az, it will be good to go for a drive..only 30 minutes from here.

I discovered I had several brand new jjill shirts, which I must have purchased on sale and hung them in the guest bedroom. I definitely need NO mORE clothes.lol

Linda..good idea to have some Tylenol on hand

Claudia..yikes on r and his misadventures. The tank on one of our toilets keeps running but v insists he can fix it. he has in the past, but until he gets around to it, we have turn the main valve off and on. Oh vey. I really dislike neighborhood tattle tales. There are a few here who tool around on their golf carts looking for stuff to report. Good luck 

Have a great day.😎😎

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you got that letter, Claudia.  I would be quite upset.  There are two very local animal shelters near here -- no kill shelters.  One is for all sorts of animals -- mostly dogs and cats, and the other for feral cats.  Much better way to handle things in my opinion.  I was reading a book about Shakespeare's time in England (novel called Hamnet), and I think they mentioned how useful cats could be to take care of rodent problems.  (I say might because I'm not quite sure it was that book or another that I read.)

Also sorry to hear about the toilet mishap.  Neither my ex nor late husbands were at all handy.  Seems like that was a good thing since I went right to the phone if something went wrong rather than wait for them to get around to fixing it.  On the other hand, my brother was quite handy, and my SIL said it was a problem for her.

Hope you and R are doing okay today, and your weather is decent.

Good thing you found those JJill shirts, Barbara, not that you were planning to buy more clothes, but.....  Hope you enjoy your time at the State park.  It is pretty here as well.

I'm back from having my Prolia shot, and that went well.  I did ask for and receive a copy of my bone density test results, and there were no surprises.  Pretty much the same as two years ago.  I asked the doctor if he had any advice about the COVID vaccine, and he said just make sure that I got it.  They sent an e-mail after my visit saying that my BMI was low.  It seems to be close to the desired level, so I'm not worrying about it.  I keep trying to eat a little more, but that is going slowly.

DD took DGD for her nerve block shot, and they didn't do it since she is not having good results.  They did a Botox shot in her shoulder, and prescribed new migraine medicine (stronger).  She may end up on an injectable migraine medicine at some point.

I have an OLLI lecture this afternoon -- The Making of the Indo-Islamic World (history).  The lecture is being given by the author of a book on the subject.  Later, I have a Walmart pick-up scheduled.  And, I hope to go for a nice walk later in the afternoon.

Probably in anticipation of repairing our streets, they have been digging lots of smallish holes (2-3 feet) in the middle of our neighborhood roads.  I hope no one goes into one -- it would do a number on their tires for sure.

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I hope you enjoyed your day trip, Barbara. Great that you discovered the shirts.

R got his 2nd shot today. He insisted we leave way early. The roads were clear and we were more than 30 minutes early. However he got right in. I had taken the extra strength Tylenol out of his morning pills.

A plumber is coming first thing tomorrow morning. No call regarding the cats . Probably tomorrow. I think they close Wednesday. Jinx showed up and perched on the railing. I'm sure people think he's ours. As for the ones I feed they show up at the door but if I reach for them they move out of reach. They aren't about to come in on the sun porch. The younger one rolls around on the top step. You'd think he wasn't feral until you reach for him. I feel like no good deed goes unpunished.

Today was warmer. The high was a bit over 50°. With R's help the ice has been removed from the sidewalk. One good thing and second is R getting the second vaccine.

I'm glad the prolia shot went well and there weren't any surprises, Linda. Would you believe autocorrect tried to substitute proposal for prolia? Smh. I hope the new medication helps your DGD.  Yikes on those holes in the street.

Sleep well.

Respected Contributor

I am trying to get my body back in order. I went to the only grocery store I actually shop in to pick up some things for the weekend and ended up chatting with a couple of friends from choir and neighbors from 2 doors down. So I stood without moving more than I should and I am now paying for it.

The rlectriciannwas out to put some additional outlets in our Az room and replace our kitchen flouescent lights with a better light.

poor Syd does have a stress fracture so is in a boot and non weight bearing for 2 weeks. M said managing crutches with the boot is diffucuot.,after v heard he suggested  m renting a knee scooter, so when we talk today I will mention it to her.

Linda..glad you got your prolix shot...it sounds as if yiur new diet has caused you to lose a bit more weight. You have mentioned that several times. Syds BMI is 17:which is low, but she has a dancers body.  Like I tell her , eat donuts..lol.  
That Olli class yesterday sounded fascinating.

My post yesterday would not go through so I edited some of what I was saying and it worked. I won't repeat the words because they are common vocabulary. Bizarre

we never got away yesterday..v got immersed in doing taxes. 

Claudia..hope r is doing ok with his 2nd shot. I hope people understand your kindness to the feral cats.We have a lady in the community who cares for feral cats.

enjoy your day..70 here 🌵🌵❣️

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  I'm back from delivering hospice supplies that went fairly well.  The GPS lead me astray for one patient, but I figured it out.  

Very happy R got his second shot, and I hope he is feeling  okay Claudia.  Hope the plumber's visit wasn't too expensive, and you and R had an okay or better day.

Sorry you didn't get out yesterday, Barbara.  Hope you are better this evening.  Syd has a very low BMI.  They didn't say how low mine was, but under 19.  I think that is probably close to normal range.  I have lost some weight, but I have put back a little.  Still working on eating more without eating a lot of fatty and unhealthy stuff.  

Sorry Syd has the stress fracture.  Glad the electrician was able to help.  

The OLLI lecture was good, and I was pretty impressed with the professor.  He had grown up in Indonesia where his parents were doctors (from the Netherlands).  Then, the Indonesian government ordered the Dutch out, and they moved back to the Netherlands.  He was a professor there for several years, and then taught at the University of Wisconsin (now professor emeritus).  As I mentioned on the other thread, now he lives in Athens, Greece.  He said he takes walks in the Acropolis area.  It kind of blows my mind that we can have Zoom lectures from far away, etc.  

DD said that DGD didn't have a reaction to one of the new migraine medicines, which is good news.   DD is pretty frustrated with her medical billing and coding teacher (long story), but will do the best that she can.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry Sydnie has to deal with a stress fracture, Barbara. Yes, standing still is not good for me either.

Linda, I'm glad your DGD didn't have a reaction and you found your way for that one delivery.

I was able to schedule my first vaccine for next Wednesday. We now have a working upstairs toilet.

Got a call from the person in charge at the shelter. She would not listen to the idea of trap, neuter, release at all. She said they had gotten rid of a feeding station several blocks away and trapped 20 cats. For all her talk of working with the cats and getting them adopted I don't believe it.

I explained Jynx has a home but likes to go visiting.she said she planned to talk to his owner. Ay yi yi.

If I don't trap them I will be cited. Time has run out. She also asked how many cats we had which as long as they are taken care of and vaccinated is my business as they are indoor only.

So time has run out. Ironically I am so close to getting Oliver and young Paws. But I have no.place for them to go. I'd willingly pay their neuter and vaccination.

Respected Contributor

it is a cool day here..it was 45 when I went out for my hair appointment this morning. I am very happy with this stylist..it is cut a little shorter , but that seems to happen. But i will return to her

my friend completed typing my memoir. My sil gad done some research on my dads parents so I called her to confirm what I thought she had told me . Unfortunately, she never wrote anything from her notes, she is in Fl or the winter and home is grand rapids. Inknowcenough to add.

Lola (typist) brought her memory scrapbook and I know what my big project for next season will be.

I feel pretty good today so I am not doing too much.

Linda..glad you got your hospice work complete. I need to look at Olli classes. Too bad about dgds dog..it has had a lot of medical issues so it is good you can help. Hope dgds treatment helps. 

claudia..what a shame about the cats..unfortunately sometime things happen that we have no control over ((hugs)))

enjoy 🌵🌵

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you have an appointment for the vaccine Claudia, but so sorry about the feral cats.  Sounds like that lady was not open to any sort of discussion or reason.  

Good that you like your hair, and your memoir is typed, Barbara.  Hope you enjoy doing a memory scrapbook.  I went through a scrapbook phase, but have not done it for years.  In fact, I gave away almost all of my accessories (special paper, pencils, etc.)  But, my SIL is still very much involved as is my late nephew's wife.

I think you would really enjoy some OLLI classes, and perhaps you would even want to be a "study group leader".  While I enjoyed in-person classes, the Zoom ones have mostly been great.  And, I don't need to spend any time driving to and from classes which is a plus.

Actually, this dog has not had many health issues.  He had some at first, but has been doing great for many months.  DD suspects that the problem was caused by DGD feeding him lots of treats rather than dog food.  The vet said nothing but dog food and water for a few weeks.  

I think I forgot to update the holes in the middle of the street.  It turns out that they removed all the sewer and water meter covers which resulted in the holes.  Then, they filled the holes with dirt.  They put the covers on the side of the road (next to the sidewalks).  The plan is to remove the pavement, replace it, and then put back the covers.  The work is supposed to be completed at the end of June.  Hope it doesn't take that long.

Glad you are feeling pretty good today, but not overdoing it.  

I received a notice from my ID monitoring service that my Yahoo e-mail password, etc. had been compromised, so I changed it yet again and updated my various devices.  This doesn't seem to be a problem with my Gmail account, and I think I will try to transfer a few more accounts away from Yahoo.  

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Im glad you are happy with your stylist, Barbara. Also that you feel better.

Today it reached the low 40's and the driveway ice is melting.

R complained of an earache the other day and tried various things finally holding a magnet by his ear and it pulled out one of the acupuncture pins. I guess one came loose and was in the ear canal since the pain went away.

Day 2 after the 2nd vaccine he has a lot of fatigue and a headache.

I drove up to talk to my vet about the cats. She knew right away who the director was. Several other clients had problems over the years. One had a horse and pig that were best of friends. She refused to admit the possibility and tried to confiscate the pig.

Btw the FB page for the shelter says no negative comments will be accepted.

The vet is contacting a friend who has traps and may be able to help me I told her I was perfectly willing to pay for neuter and vaccinations  whether they were able to be house cats or ended up as barn cats. So I hope to hear something soon.

Linda, I hope dgd's dog is much better soon. Those emergency situations are expensive.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon. My project for the day is to get the Az room furniture rearranged. It is a long narro row that needs To be divided. The back half will be storage and the front living space.My friend s coming to give me a different perspective on it. 

I like my hair cut but it is a bit shorter than I like..I find that happens with new stylists.. it will just be spiky for acouooe of weeks. 

Linda..when yiu said dgd was feeding her treats, that most certainly could have gotten the dog sick.,Prers onlybtreat is an occasional,mini carrot ...no dgbtreats or people food( sometimes she gets something that has been dropped ) hope tye dog is better soon.,it s cool here..cooler tomorrow but still nice. Have you read American Dirt??? It s worth reading,la novel about migrants journeys through Mexico to Us. 

Claudia..I am hoping we have little to nomreaction to our 2nd vaccine on Weds. athe shelter person sounds like a power freak...and not an animal lover. Hope you can figure out something for the cats. I really have no time for unreasonable people.

enjoy the rest of the day.🥰🥰