Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of February 19

Glad you are home and getting your infusion, Barbara.  That is something that M needs infusion (different reason, but,...)  Hope the snow isn't a problem for you.  Glad Syd and Pepper were so happy to see you.  That sounds like the size dog I am used to, much more so than Claudia's big guys.

Hope you are doing okay today, Claudia as is R.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but I was able to talk to the main caregiver yesterday.  She had DH in the wheelchair all day since he wasn't very stable just trying to make it from the bed to the bathroom.  She will talk to the staff about him not walking, etc.  He was talking a lot yesterday, and it was somewhat concerning.  I think he has times when he realizes what is going on, and other times when he just wants me to be with him full-time.

I had my hair cut this morning, and I'm happy to get that out of the way.

Hope both of you have a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It's great you were able to take the cheaper option from the airport, Barbara. Glad you got the infusion and hope M's helps. I knew Sydnie and Pepper would be delighted to see you. Too bad your weather will turn colder.

Ours will get colder Sunday according to the forecast. Tomorrow we're off to the VA.

Linda, I'm glad you had a chance to talk to the main caregiver. If your DH is like mother he probably has times he realizes what is going on. Mother complained of having holes in her memory.  Hope you like your haircut. That's something I need to set up.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Hope your trip to the VA goes well, Claudia.  We are supposed to be in for a few days of cooler weather here, but no precipitation as far as I know.

I forgot to mention that I would hate to pay that much for a cab ride, Barbara.  In fact, I don't think I have ever paid that much in the U.S. at least.  But, if I took a cab from the airport to DD's house, I'm sure it would be that much or more.  Good thing that M was able to help you so you saved all that money.  Hope your headache isn't too bad today, and M is doing okay.  Guess she hasn't heard about the job yet, but I'm still sending good thoughts.

DH was more awake when I visited him the second time, and he wasn't talking so much.  At one point, Larry and I passed in the hall, and he asked if I was divorcing him again.  I pointed out that I wasn't his wife, and he apologized saying that he thought there was a strong resemblance.  I told his wife later, and she said that she didn't see the resemblance, and I agree.  

I'll be leaving for the gym in a little while, and I have my British history class later.  Then, I'll visit DH and hopefully the hospice nurse will be there.

Hope both of you have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon. It is getting colder and cloudier...the snow will start later.,we could get up to 8 inches but the forecasts are often wrong.

i went to knitting..learned a new technique to join yarn while you are knitting. My head got pretty bad so I am now trying to get it to settle down.

M accepted her new job...her son to be former boss was completely shocked when he got her resignation email. I expecthimto counter offer but she will not stay..she is happy.

Claudia..hope your va visit goes well.

Linda..glad dh has settled down. Larry sure coeds up with some interesting comments. I use a private driver, linda..and live a good 45 minute ride from the airport. He actually charges 80'but I give him a good tip. 

Hope ped you are both having a nice day.

Respected Contributor

Barbara, that is wonderful news. I'm so happy for M. I hope you are feeling better.

We just got home an hour ago. After R's appointment we stopped by their urgent care. That took a couple hours. R has bronchitis again. We then picked up prescriptions- only a 20 minute wait this time- then had a late lunch or early dinner at Cracker Barrel. R was rather shocked when reading the discharge sheet as it listed his condition upon discharge as "fair".

Linda, I'm glad DH is better today. Poor Larry. He is such a challenge. Dementia is strange. I remember R's great aunt deciding when her husband died that R was her husband. There was no resemblance at all.

It was raining a bit when we left this morning but the sun was out by the time we left the VA.

Respected Contributor

Good morning. We did not get any snow but 60 miles south,M there are 10-12 inches. I am fine with that. 

M is getting her stuff in rider to leave. She has some financial stuff to deal with, but my brother, the retired investment banker gave her some good advice. She is pretty happy.

Did I tell you that one of the dads from syds dance, who is famous as a sports broadcaster, died of a heart attack.,he was only 56 and his daughter is Sydnies age.,so there is some memorial things to ate end tomorrow. 

My my head got bad last night...I think it was a full blown migraine. I am better this morning.

Linda, sorry to hear about the change for dh. I hope they know how to use the lift so he can be in the wheelchair. (((Hugs))))

Claudia, hope r starts feeling better. Pepper is off to get groomed. She looks like a black and white mop.

i have a hair appointment later.

have a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to hear R has  bronchitis again, Claudia.  There was a time when DD kept getting  bronchitis or pneumonia, but she doesn't seem to get it often any more.  Is R smoking?  If so, I wonder if that is causing some of his problems.  Maybe not.  Did he think that he would be rated for better than "fair"?  I would not be happy to have that on my chart.  Hope your day is going okay.

Congratulations to M on her new job, Barbara.  That is such good news.  DGS is having an interview with a life insurance company next week.  It would be a pretty long commute for him, but he is not getting anywhere with Macy's.  So, I guess he would take the job if offered.

Sorry you had such a bad headache last night.  Hope you are happy with your haircut and Pepper's grooming.  Glad the heavy snow missed you this time.

DH was pretty sleepy when I visited him earlier, but he was in a pretty good mood.  

Nothing exciting going on here.  Hope both of you have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm glad M got some good financial advice, Barbara. So Pepper is no longer a ball of fluff? I need to schedule Griffyn. Must put it on my list for Monday. It's good the snow missed your area . That's a shame about the father of one of Sydnie's dance friends. It's especially difficult losing a parent at that age.

It was 76 degrees today. I think we got Arizona's weather. Amazing. Rod is very tired. I hope he won't push himself to go to Sunday's shoot. I wasn't happy to see his condition listed as fair. He's no longer smoking but I think the years of smoking have done damage- close to 50 years even with a 4 year period when he quit.

Good wishes for dgs, Linda. one thing for him to keep in mind- after a trial period they're often paid only in commissions. I can only imagine how upsetting it is for DH to need  equipment to transfer from bed to wheelchair. Hopefully all the staff will be trained in using it. Such an awful disease.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..it is cold and windy here..only 20. I had to get gas and about froze while I was doing it. I may go put on ax warned sweater. 

Syd and m are at Saturday morning dance.,Pepper keeps me pretty entertained..she likes to sit in the chair with me.

Linda..that was a nice pic...I imagine Thailand to be a fascinating place to visit. Good luck to dgs on the job hunt...what does he want to do. M said that being on linked in really helped her. She found resources from everything on how to create a great resume to interviewing etc. I hope your day is going well. 

Claudia..hope r is on the mend. Pepper got groomed and now she looks quite small.,yes, Alzheimer's is a horrible disease.

have a great day. 

Respected Contributor

Our temperatures have dropped to the 40's. I was just out cleaning up the yard under the dog's supervision. I have country style ribs in the crock pot. I didn't manage to get to the post office before noon. That will be a Monday errand.

I'm not sure R is on the mend. He still is very tired and feels weak. Griff keeps checking on him. 

I know my brother enjoyed the month he spent in Laos and I think Thailand a couple years ago. Nice picture of your DH, Linda.

Pepper is quite a character.