Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of December 5

i am finally back in. After 3 calls to customer service, my false lack of payment got cleared and I was released from Q jail.  I charge very little and always pay my bill in full so it turns it, the fiasco was on their part. I do not plan on doing any shopping there for a long time.

we had our first snow last night..maybe an inch so not too bad.,I do need to get something for dinner...I have no idea what at this point.

V is planning on sleeping in our bed starting tonight. I think his back will be better once he sleeps on a good mattress. 

Have a good day.🌵🌵🌲🌲

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of December 5

Barbara, that's terrible that they did that. I'm glad you finally got it resolved.

I agree V will feel better after sleeping on a good mattress.

I just came in from taking the garbage to the curb plus letting the dogs out. It's in the upper 30's and boy does it feel cold. Earlier it felt warmer. I went out to get my hair trimmed and didn't bother with a jacket.

Tomorrow I need to start wrapping Adam's small presents so I can mail them out.

I'm another with no ideas for dinner.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Barbara.  Very glad you are back.  What a crazy error Q made.  Lately, I have been using ez pay more than in the past since I want to see if I like the item before paying for it.  If the answer is yes, I "pay in full" right away.  But, given that is what you have been doing, I guess they could do the same to me,  Ridiculous.

I am another one who can't decide what to have for dinner.  Not a big deal since I am the only one who will be eating dinner, but....  

Hope V's back is better when he sleeps on a good mattress.  Glad the snow wasn't heavy.

Sounds very cold there, Claudia.  It was quite chilly (for me) this morning, and I wore a winter jacket plus a winter hat and my gloves.  I had to cut the walk short to get ready to make it to church on time, so I will probably take another walk this afternoon.  Now it is up to 70 degrees.  The house is still chilly, however.

Glad you got your hair trimmed and got the garbage out.  Good luck with getting Adam's packages wrapped and mailed.

Church was busy this morning since they had a "fair" of charities coming to explain their work in between services.  The parking lot was totally filled when I arrived, but I saw a car (turned out to be the car of the Bible study group leader) parked across the street in a place that didn't look dangerous.  So, I parked there and walked across.  I think that will be my go-to spot for the time being.  They are moving the services later starting next week, but still having them outside.  And, they are asking people to wear KN95 masks for more protection.  Given the new times, I will not be able to go to the gym until after lunch starting next week.  As it was, I didn't get there until fairly late today, and had a late lunch.

I have some ironing to do, but nothing else of note.  My Kindle cover arrived today, and I am happy with it.

Hope both of you and your husbands sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda, I'm glad you found a good parking spot this morning. R's items are still scattered around the house. I did hang the Christmas/winter wreath I bought from eldest DGS' wife last year. There's A loose pine cone I'll need to attach tomorrow when it's light.

Esteemed Contributor

Nice, Claudia.  My wreath is on my front door again this year.  Still pretty.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon. M found out she tested positive for Covid. She has been not feeling well for over a week..very tired, cough, congestion but no fever. Her dr tested her on Friday.  Syd mentioned she couldn't taste anything late last week. If I have it, it is very mild. V has a cough but no r temp. So I cancelled all appointments for the week. My rheumatologist scheduled a virtual  visit.

Thank good ness we are all vaccinated and boosted.

Linda..you would not like our weather here..the high today is 8 . Brrrr. Good that you found a parking spot for your church service. Our church in Az is doing indoor service, but ask that people who attend be vaccinated.

M hung her wreath that I bought from your dgil. It is lovely.
i didn't abbreviate that correctly but you know how I meant

V made it upstairs last night and took a shower for the first time since August. He kept himself very clean.

Claudia...hope you get rs stuff picked up. I am working on getting vs clothes and odds and ends out of the living room. Is Nugget doing better?..

Hope your day is going well. 🌵🌵🌲🌲

Esteemed Contributor

Very sorry to hear M has COVID. I sure hope the rest of you don't have it, Barbara.  But, Syd's symptoms don't sound good.  Glad V was finally able to take a shower upstairs.  I definitely would not like your weather.  Unfortunately, oldest DGS is in your State (for work) today.  Not that New Hampshire is warm this time of the year, but....   It is nice and warm here -- chilly at night and in the morning, but....

DD said it was raining today, but not too cold. She did her volunteer job this morning, and agreed to take one of their clients grocery shopping next week and later in the month.  The organization is closed, but she felt sorry for him. 

Hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay today, Claudia.  Perhaps you are having Tippy groomed?   

Today was the last OLLI "Europe Between the Wars" class, and it was good as usual.  I was happy that his spring class will be on-line as well as being in-person at the Tucson campus.  If the timing is right, I will sign up for the class -- think it is something about France during or after the occupation.

Bev and I had a nice lunch today, but I found out that she is not doing well.  No pain, but some serious symptoms (bleeding).  She doesn't want to call her doctor because she is afraid he will want her to go to the hospital.  I suggested that she call him -- hopefully, he can just order some tests instead.  She would not commit.  

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.  Also hope M feels better soon.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yikes on the Covid and your weather, Barbara. I hope everyone soon feels better. I'm sure V was happy to take a shower.

It reached the 50's today but the temperature started dropping by mid afternoon. Now there's light snow.

Oops, somehow I hit post.

It sounds like your DGS is doing some traveling, Linda.

Tippy goes to the groomer tomorrow. I hope the weather is good. R hasn't had a good day so everything is still scattered. I've been wrapping Adam's gifts and preparing them to be mailed hopefully tomorrow. I also wrapped the gift for R's buddy from their time in Vietnam. He's semi retired now and just finished a 40 day contract as ship's doctor. I don't think he'll opt for another cruise.

I have lots of boxes to go out for Wednesday's recycling pick-up.

Nugget is doing better but still skittery. At least he's healthy.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..we are having a pretty little snowfall. It is a bit warmer but nothing wonderful. I just finished washing and sweeping all of the floors on the main level. At least I am still capable of cleaning.

M said she if feeling somewhat better. But we still need to isolate until the middle of next week. 

Poor Syd said it was very cold on the ski slopes. I have some hand and foot warmer packs coming . Her hands were very red so I had her soak them in warm water for a while, which helped.

Linda, glad your are enjoying your Olli classes. I love history.

HAppy BIRTHDay to you 🎂🎂🎂🎂💖💖🌹🌹

Sorry to hear that Bev is not doing well.

Claudia..Hope r is feeling better. I am sure that Tippy looks beautiful after being groomed I have little gifts for my grandkids...V4 wanted some very specific items so he will not get $$$. 

Linda..wonder how dgs liked Minneapolis on a very cold day?.

enjoy your day..🌲🌲🌵🌵🌵

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Hope R is better today, and you were able to get your mailing done, Claudia.  I'm sure Tippy will be beautiful after grooming.  DGS has done quite a bit of traveling for work -- not sure about all the locations, but I remember he spent time in Maine.  They like him to help with opening new stores and troubleshooting.  He is hoping to be given a promotion and transfer back to Maryland next spring.  I'm sure he didn't like the cold in MN, Barbara.  He is not a fan of cold weather -- like his grandmother.

Glad M is a little better, and sorry Syd got so cold on the ski slopes.

Thanks for the birthday wishes.  As you probably saw on FB, DH's friend sent another big bouquet this year.  Again signed DH's name.  At least I know who it is this time.  Not sure if I will come out and thank him now or wait until later.  He really doesn't want to be acknowledged.

Our weather was pretty nice this morning -- not cold on my walk.  I opened up DD's present, and she gave me an Advent calendar of L'Occitane products. and I used the product for today which was a hair mask.

I got my free Starbucks latte earlier, and watched the on-line concert that I attend every week.  I plan to go to the gym later, and then get a take-out dinner from the Italian restaurant.  I decided to skip the vegan group this evening, but I did watch the documentary they will be watching -- Plant Wise.  

Bev did call the doctor yesterday and spoke to his assistant who promised to fill the doctor in on what is happening.  

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda