Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of December 5

i am waiting for the snow to start.  V had a Drs appt that was changed to a phone visit because of the potential for Covid. He will be tested at 4 today...at another clinic. Arghhh..I still have to drive. 

Linda...kids are really suffering. From all kinds of mental health issues..Sydnie Has a very heavy class load..this trimester she has 3 Advanced placement classes  and 2 honors classes.  one good thing is she likes to be with us, so she doesn't hide in her room. 

Your luncheon sounded very nice. Going to lunch with friends is something I really enjoy.

Claudia..hope you are having a good day Did r get the deer meat processed?

The snow just started..yikes

enjoy the day ❄️❄️❄️

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening.  Hope you can stay safe and warm despite the snow, Barbara.  Good luck with driving V to his appointment.  Hope he doesn't have COVID.  I'm guessing that if he does, they will want to test you as well.

Good that Syd doesn't stay in her room all the time.  I think that was one thing DH's younger DGD does.   She also isn't doing nearly as well in school as in the past, and gave up activities like the violin that she used to enjoy very much.  COVID has certainly disrupted many of their lives.

As you may see on the other thread, middle DGS has a new job, and he is happy about it.  Pretty substantial raise, and a larger company.  DD said perhaps he and his gf will become engaged now that he has the new job.  Not sure when he starts.  Really hoping DGD can find a better job since she is making very little money.

Hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay, Claudia. 

Bev's appointment has been moved (earlier), but will be in the office since the doctor has limited hospital access due to COVID.  We are hoping to get together for lunch Christmas week, assuming she doesn't need to go to the hospital.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Today was nice and in the 50's. Tomorrow it should be 60 but storms are forecast. I did not bother with the estate sale. I did take a couple bags to Goodwill though before R went out to hunt again.

I meant to call an attorney this afternoon since R didn't but got a busy signal. I  meant to call again before they closed but was dealing with Griffyn. He and Tip were out while I put waterproof covers on the outdoor chairs. It was nice and quiet but then kids from down the street started loudly playing out back two houses down and Griff started racing up and down the fence line barking not caring if he crashed into me which he did. Good thing I grabbed onto the fence. I got Tip in but it took forever to get Griff to go in even using venison scraps as a bribe.  He's no longer a young dog at nearly 7 and was huffing and puffing. Usually he'll listen and reluctantly go inside but not today.

I'm glad the neighborhood kids are playing outside instead of staying inside and video gaming but I sure wish I had gotten Griff inside first.

I managed to get a few more Christmas decorations up but decided to rest my legs.No tree which makes things a bit easier.

It's great Syd enjoys your company and doesn't retreat to her room, Barbara. I'm afraid the pandemic will have long lasting effects on a lot of people. Fingers crossed V doesn't have covid and both of you stay safe and warm.

That's too bad about your DH's younger gd, Linda. Congratulations on middle DGS' new job. I hope you and Bev can get together.

Surprisingly I slept well.last night. That doesn't happen as often as I'd like. Have a good evening

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon. We got about 4 inches of snow..enough for our plow guy to do the driveway . It is. Pretty after the snow day..sunny it's frosted trees. 

V gtsome meds for his cough..and they have really helped after one dose. He probably won't hear about his Covid test until Monday. Amie is pushing him getting monoclonal antibodies....arghhhh. 

Linda..congrats to dgs 2 on his new job. And I hope dgd can find something with more pay. Hoops Bev does ok with her procedure. What are you cook in yummy today.

Sydnie is going to make lasagna. It sounds as if dhs dgd may being having some problems. I assume her parents are watching her.

Claudia..I can just picture z Griff running up and down and barking. It is good he did not knock you over. Pepper went out the other and proceeded to howl and bark as if she was claiming her territory. There was nothing outside. 
She is a quirky dog at times. 

v4 and Vanessa spend too much time on their devices. Their dad is working on limiting their exposure.My otherrls have very limited time...and Syd does not play games.,

Enjoy your day..those tornadoes were devastating

🌵🌵🌲🌲🧑🏼‍🎄🎄

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening.  Hope you had another good nights sleep Claudia, and your weather isn't too bad.  Some dogs really do a lot of barking when I just walk past their houses -- even on the other side of the street.  This afternoon, I walked by a yard with a pretty tall wall, just a couple of openings.  I didn't see the dogs, but I sure heard them.  Defending their turf.  Hope R is doing okay today.

Yes, DH's DD and husband are definitely watching their younger daughter, Barbara.  She was telling me that the Moms have been exchanging stories/concerns.  I think lots of kids spend way too much time on screens.  Hope V4 and Vanessa will do less.

I thought about it, but no cooking plans for today.  Yesterday, I made a "lentil soup" recipe that was supposed to make three servings.  Instead, it made at least five servings and is more like a stew.  Fortunately, it tastes pretty good.  I froze two servings, but will be eating it tonight and probably tomorrow.  Enjoy the lasagna.

Glad V's cough got better so quickly.  Fingers crossed he doesn't have COVID.  Sounds like Amie is rushing into things.  Good that your driveway was plowed, and there wasn't more snow. 

Those tornadoes were unbelievably bad.  So many lives lost and so much destruction.

DD called me yesterday to say middle DGS and his gf are now officially engaged.  He already had a ring (one of DD's Diamonique ones).  I guess the extra $$ made a difference.

It was chilly this morning, but made it up into the 60's this afternoon.  I participated in the Zoom meditation group, did laundry, did an exercise DVD, and took a walk.  I need to do my weekly financial review, and I plan to start on my Christmas cards.  Everyone is talking about how slow the mail is these days.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

No snow here but lots of rain, Barbara. We had a high of 62° but the temperature has dropped with the wind. It was nothing like KY and the other states had though. Such a tragedy.

One cover blew half off one of the chairs on the porch and the end of the rug blew up. I reanchored everything. Fingers crossed it stays in place.

I'm having what the family used to call a "white nose day". Years ago Whisky cat  had off days and his normally light pink nose would turn white. Mother used to wonder if given his advanced age it was time to put him to sleep. Whisky apparently understood and the next day that nose would be pink again. So whenever any of us had an off day we called it a white nose day.

Unfortunately I had a miserable night last night and have taken it easy today . R did get another deer yesterday. You both know my opinion. I need to get those Christmas cards started too, Linda.

My Hotter shoe order arrived. Everything fits. You can't beat 60% off.

The last time I saw Bryan and Dylan they were glued to their screens. That was maybe 7 years ago. Things probably haven't changed.

I'm glad V's cough has improved, Barbara. Here's hoping his test is negative. It's not surprising Amie is so concerned considering how ill V was a couple months ago. Overreacting is to be expected.

Linda,how nice to hear middle DGS and gf  are officially engaged.

Have a good evening. I'm hoping to sleep better tonight.