Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of December 27

What a shame about your sil's accident, Linda. At least she wasn't injured. Fingers crossed about the car. I'm glad Dh's daughter and family enjoyed Paris. DH's brother's surgery should go well.

Respected Contributor

Happy New Year. I crashed at 10 but Sydnie stayed up until midnight. She is pretty proud of that fact.

i need to go pack the few things I am bringing back. My knee is still giving me fits so I am bringing my fancy pink cane.

v is looking forward to getting back to az..it should be 70 when we get there.

Linda, sorry about your sils accident...hope the car can be repaired. At least she was not hurt.

i will check back later.

Respected Contributor

Happy New Year! Have a good flight and enjoy the 70 degree weather.

TT stole R's apple this morning and Griffyn thought it should be his. I had to break it up by giving him his own piece of apple.

R went out last night as did Adam. Something disagreed with me so I stayed put. Today I'm laying low.

We have a frosting of snow on the ground.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope your flight to Arizona goes well, Barbara, and your pink cane helps a lot with your knee.  It should make it up in the 60's today, but his morning is cool/cold for here (30's).  

An apple a day for the dogs?  Glad you could break up the dispute, Claudia.  Sorry you were not feeling well last night.  Hope you feel better today.

Well, my SIL's car was totalled.  She will be buying a "new" used one, and I will help her pay the car loan.  This will be the third car loan I have been paying for her.  She is very grateful.  The doctor said she could just continue with heat and OTC pain killers.  If her back gets worse, she might need physical therapy.  She works all weekend.

I did make it up to midnight -- reading in bed.  I turned off the light at 12:01.  Not exactly a lively intro to the new year, but.... I had already seen the ball drop in New York since it happened at 10:00 our time.  DH is sleepy today -- what is new?  But, he also had quite a bit of trouble eating breakfast -- holding his cup, etc.  I am starting to feel like i need to feed him before I eat.  As it is now, I feed him a bit, then take a few bites, and then feed him some more.  In a way, that is better for me since I get hungry when I see him eat.  LOL

I started taking Christmas decorations down last night, and I'm working on that again today.  No other plans except a walk and exercises at home.  

Do you have any suggestions for a sore shoulder?  Mine isn't too bad, but it can cause problems when putting on tops, etc.  It may be from over-exercising or using the wrong machine.  I have used the biofreeze gel on it as well as taken ibuprofen, etc.  But, it is still bothering me a bit -- not enough to complain much, but....

Hope both of you have a nice day and a Happy New Year!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Sorry your sil's car is totaled, Linda. Have you tried Joint Formula for your shoulder? Bonnie used to use it. I've used it and think it helps more than Biofreeze.

Respected Contributor

We made it back safely. I ended up using a wheelchair to get through the airports. My knee buckles every once in a while and I did not want to fall. It is better today but not perfect by any means. 

I need to to put away the few decorations we have here. I am going to have my cleaning ladies come in next week.

No tsv jeans for me. I am very partial to jjill jeans because they fit me perfectly.

Linda, sorry to hear the car was totaled..hopefully she will get enough to pay off the loan. Or for you to pay it off so you do not have a double payment.

When my shoulder was bad, I ended up with some pt..I had a cortisone shot and exercises..those involved swing my arm in front of me in a pendulum motion sideways in front of me and back an forth. I used ice alternated with heat. I hope that helps....I am on antiinflamnatories other wise I would have used Advil 3 times a day. It sounds like dh may have o be fed..oh Linda, you have your hands full.

Caudia, hope you are feeling better.

will check back

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Glad you made it back safely, but I'm sorry you don't feel better, Barbara.  Thanks to both of you for the suggestions for my shoulder.  I looked up Joint Formula and found a product sold here (Joint Formula 88), but it is not sold on Amazon or other places.  So, I may order, but it will be a while before I get it.  I am trying a similar exercise, Barbara.  Also will try the ice and heat idea.  Never had a cortisone shot, but I may need to do so if this continues.  So far, I can deal with the pain.

My SIL will get enough money to pay off her loan, thank goodness.  So I will only be making one loan payment, and she said she will keep it at the same amount.  That is important since I won't be getting any cost of living for my pension, and I'll be paying more for health insurance, Medicare, etc.

Looks like we are in for some rain this week -- actually quite a bit is predicted.  And, it should be cooler after tomorrow.  Still probably better than MN.

I have been a busy bee this morning -- cleaning and sorting through linens, DH's clothes, etc., etc.  I have filled nearly four bags for donation, and trashed quite a bit.  I did manage to fit in a couple of Christmas decorations in DH's closet when I threw out worn out shoes he doesn't wear.  I'm also trying to gather and copies of papers for the hospice place, CPA. financial adviser, etc.  The thrift shop will pick up the old bar stools and office chair on Tuesday.

No TSV jeans for me either -- not needed, and I'm not sure of the fit.

Hope things are going okay there, Claudia, and both of you have a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Yes, Linda, QVC sells it and it's Joint Formula 88. It's been a while since I ordered it and I forgot the full name. Good news that the amount your sil owes will be paid off. We had to cover a year or moreon Adam's Subaru when it was totaled.

It's upper 20's here and it seems the next few days will be cold- down into the teens one day.

I'm feeling a  bit better today and managed to get some errands done.

Sorry, you are still hurting, Barbara. Try to take it easy.

Last night I didn't sleep well. Rusty cat had a cold he got over. Now mama cat has it and is miserable. She kept sneezing. She didn't move from my bed all night. The kittens were worried and when I got up this morning the 2 black ones were curled up against her. That's unusual for them. Normally they're pretty self sufficient. After I got up mama cat ate and drank Fingers crossed the kittens don't catch it. Everyone has had all their shots.

Respected Contributor

I decided to do the rest of my grocery shopping this morning. Wally World was not bad until I got to the checkout where the lady in front of me could not find a credit card that worked. 15 minutes later, she gave up which was good because my knee was not happy.

it is gradually getting better..I did not sing today because there are stairs involved and I want to avoid those for a few more days.

m called and mentioned that the dance mom now has highlighted hair like hers .. This woman is sick.

i am going to have my cleaning ladies come in next week. I am lazy.

Hope your day is going well. I will be back.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, that dance Mom is sick, Barbara.  Sorry for the long wait at the checkout line.  I would be pretty upset even without painful knees.  Probably a good idea to skip choir with the stairs.

Hope you are feeling okay today, Claudia, and your cats let you have some rest.

I made it to church and the gym, and I'm thinking of going to Fry's and taking a walk.  My produce supply is getting low.  

DH seemed to be doing pretty well, but when I came home from church I discovered pee on the "office" carpet and on the front of his sweat pants.  I guess it is good that he didn't go in his pants, but I was pretty upset that he did so in the office.  I had purchased a product to use after pet accidents, and the carpet seems fine.  I did offer to take him to the bathroom before I left for church, but he said he didn't need to go.  I think I'll need to insist in the future.  I don't want to be afraid to leave him for short periods of time.  On the other hand, he did great on his machine at the gym.

I have thrown away a few more things, and I only have one more box of Christmas decorations to pack.  I doubt that I'll have much time to sort through things again today, but hopefully will do so during the week.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda