Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of December 27

I think I spelled the thread name correctly..lol.  I am taking a break from organizing syds stuff. We on ly have her art things to go through. 

It it is chilly..only about 11 when I ran to Target to get storage bins. M and s are going to the Vikings game tonight in an out door stadium. They are going to freeze.

nothing planned for today. V is tired of the cold and ready to go back today. 

I will ill check back.

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of December 27

That is chilly. Time to break out the long underwear. It's raining here. Supposed to be colder tomorrow.

I caught Adam's small female kitten perched on the bedroom armoire contemplating a jump to the moving ceiling fan. Yikes.

Nothing planned for the day. Adam seems to be feeling better.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Glad you are getting things organized there, Barbara.  Tell V that it isn't very warm in Arizona.  Better than there, but not warm. It will probably be better when you get back.  Hope they don't freeze at the football game.

Yesterday was particularly cool/cold and windy.  DH and I walked around the block, and I decided not to continue walking outdoors.  The wind really bothers me.  Last night was pretty cold, but I put on the fleece sheets so I was nice and warm.

Glad Adam is feeling better, and you caught the kitten before the fan ride, Claudia. I think the rain has been an issue in many places.  Hope you stay warm tomorrow.

Nothing exciting here either.  I'm back from church, and we will leave for the gym in a little while.  I'm doing pretty well with the cleaning, and I hope to do more this afternoon.  Not sure that will happen, but....

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  I didn't see much of the Vikings game last night, but I'm sure glad they won big for your family's sake, Barbara.  I went to a "Redskins" playoff game (I know their name isn't politically correct, but....) years ago, and it was so very cold sitting in the stands.  I noticed many people (regulars I'm sure) came equipped with blankets, etc.  Not sure if they are allowed these days due to security concerns.  But, I was very jealous at the time.  Like the Vikings, my team won, so I figured it was worth the cold and icy rain, but.....

It is chilly this morning, but it should be warmer today than yesterday -- maybe hit 60 degrees.  The gym was pretty good yesterday -- DH did great, and it wasn't too crowded.   I didn't do one of my regular exercises since my shoulder has been bothering me.  DH continues to want to go to bed very early, but I'm working on ways to keep him up so he will sleep more at night.  Not an easy job.

I'll be having my strong bones workout this morning, but no other big plans.  I will probably go by the 99 cent store to check out the produce and maybe the grocery store as well.  I'm down to green bananas, and that won't do since we are big banana eaters.

Hope both of you have a good day and keep warm.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Sydnie and I went grocery shopping this morning. I thought the store might be busy because of the snow expected in the next day but not s

M and Syd froze at the game but said it was tolerable. They brought a couple of big blankets that kept them warm., I would not have enjoyed that.

i ordered the tsv..I have a few logo pieces that I like and this should work since I have no hips. 

Think we we will take down the tree on Wednesday. It has been up since the middle of November.

linda, enjoy your strong bones workout. Do you think a visual of when it is time to go to bed might help dh. As I recall, there were visual cues up for the memory loss patients where my mom stayed.

Claudia, I hope all is ok with you.

have a good day.

Respected Contributor

Today it is under 30 degrees and sleeting off and on. Ice is on the steps. I met my college roommate at Tim Horton's. Afterwards I got dog food then stopped at WalMart.

R plays pool and bowling on his cell phone and gets very upset missing shots. He gets pop ups and by the time he gets rid of them has run out of time. I also suspect his eye hand coordination is off. Bored but doesn't want to read or watch tv. In other words only wants to things he wants to do not things that need done.

Me, I'm just glad for time to sit even though I should be cleaning.

I hadn't heard of visual reminders, Barbara.

Respected Contributor

Good morning. We got maybe 4 inches of snow, so not too bad. I am doing the never ending laundry...v is getting the oil changed in the mountaineer . M is working from home today.  We try to be quiet, but it is hard with a busy 10'year old. Lol.

Claudia..sounds as if r needs to find something to do. V is very bored at home here and seems to either sleep or read. I can find lots of things to do and have many interests. Good luck.

i will take Syd to a hill where she can go sledding...I will stay on the car and try to keep warm..lol.

Linda, I read where dgs was offered a nice scholarship at a college closer to home. Good for him. I hope your day is going okay.

we will be back in az late Friday afternoon. 

I will ill check back later.

Respected Contributor

RI decided to treat myself to the new Linea leisure set..jacket, pants and shirt., it might be nice transition wear.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Another chilly morning here, and it is cloudy as well.  It is supposed to be cooler today (50's for the highs) with a possibility of showers.  But, much better than ice, snow, tornadoes, floods, etc., that others are having.  I hope both of you are very careful when you go out in the ice and snow.  Broken bones and sprains are not good.

I don't know what you mean by visual cues, Barbara.  I googled it, and I found some signs/pictures from England that are used in nursing homes.  Like a picture of the bathroom, shower, etc.  DH's does forget where things are sometimes, but the main issue is that he tries to go to bed very early (as early as 2:00 in the afternoon).  Anyway, would you please clarify?  

He had an accident this morning, but it wasn't too bad.  I did end up giving him a shower before breakfast.  

Hope you enjoy your new top and Linea outfit, Barbara.  I definitely have hips, so I don't think that top would be a good look on me.  In any case, I have too many clothes already -- don't need more.  DD found several things at Kohl's (big sale), and she found things for the kids at Macy's, etc.  Glad the snow wasn't too bad.

Sorry R is bored and sometimes frustrated, Claudia.  That must be irritating to say the least.  DH used to keep himself busy "playing" on the computer, reading, etc., but he was always partial to napping.  

Guess I better get moving now.  I have vegetable soup in the crockpot, DH's lunch ready to go, but I need to get ready for work.  DH's physical therapy session isn't until 3:00 today, which will probably result in my skipping the gym.  

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I can always find something to do. He's frustrated over his coordination plus the numbness in his hand. Still nothing on the emg. Hopefully something by early next week. At least the L L Bean jeans I ordered R fit.

Linda, that's great news for DGS.

The freezing rain, ice, and wind from yesterday are gone. However there will be snow, maybe ice Thursday when we go to Erie.

Barbara, I wasn't sure about the fit of the pants. Since they are like a legging it's probably not the best choice for me.

My parents' 1st house was situated on a hilly street. Warnings were placed on a lower intersecting street and we would go outside to the top of the street and sled down. Very convenient. Good luck with staying warm.