Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of August 20

Good morning...looks to be a little warmer and more humid today...but the we will have a week in the 70s. That will be nice. 

I have ave nothing planned today...I am making another shawl so will work on that. 

M and syd had Pepper off leash in the back yard and she did not runaway..came back when called. I would not trust her without supervision...but she is a lot batter.

my achiness continues...hope things are better later this week. 

I will ill check back later.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of August 20

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Barbara.  So sorry you are still achy.  Enjoy working on the shawl, and hope the weather will be as nice as predicted this week.  Glad Pepper seems to be making progress.  

It was nice on my walk this morning -- low 70's and cloudy, but should make it into the 90's today, and we have a slight chance of rain every day this week..  

Hope all is well with you Claudia, Chessielady, and all of our posters and readers.

Karen from the other thread sent me a link to the Insider, and I went ahead and ordered the upcoming Barefoot Dreams TSV in the blue.  

I received an e-mail from DH's DD this morning.  They are back home, but jet lagged.  I will try to call her when I visit DH this afternoon.

I'm headed to the gym soon. 

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda..could you provide the link..I love bd jackets 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think that they would not allow me to do it here. I will try to forward it to you via e-mail (that is how Karen sent it to me.)

I just sent it via e-mail.  If you don't get it today, please let me know.

Respected Contributor

Linda.((((hugs))) snagged it

Respected Contributor

Enjoy your jackets!

I would not trust Pepper either. Growing up, I was the kid sent out  to catch the dog anytime she took off. Come to think of it her name was Pepper too.

I just finished mowing out back. Griffyn immediately dashed out and flung himself face down and rolled in the lawn.Next chore is the cat litter.

Where did DH's daughter and family travel, Linda? 

This morning I woke about 4 am to Griffyn barking and saw flashing lights out front. R said they carried out the man next door on the stretcher. Got back to sleep about 6 only to hear TT woofing telling Griff to move. Tried one more time only to have Rusty cat picking at the covers. Some mornings you can't win.

Hope your weekend was a good one, chessielady.

Esteemed Contributor

They went to Borneo!  School starts tomorrow, and I imagine both girls will be tired.  They both got cell phones today, and they are happy about that.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..unfortunately, our viewing of the eclipse has been rained on. It is getting quite dark...we will have about 80% darkness. Syd is disappointed but we are watching it on tv,

i accomplished a few few things this morning..but I need to sit or a while to get my body back in order.

Linda..thanks for the help in getting the item I wanted. I hope you enjoy yours..might be perfect for your trip. Glad Dh had a good day yesterday...hope he continues that way. 

I love my iPhone...I really need nothing else but I like my iPad.,I do a lot of texting with friends, kids and grandkids. Syd has one and also likes it.

Claudia..hope your day is going well...it is fee,ing pretty fall like today so I am starting to put some of my hot weather things away. 

Have re a good day..need to figure out something for dinner.

Super Contributor

Eclipse report...

We live in the area of totality. Well this morning it clouded up and pored!!  About 45 minutes before it was all set to start the rain stopped, the clouds blew away and the sun came out!! 

I was sitting in a field as quick as I could hustle! Took one of the pups with me he sat at my feet and chewed on a bone and I sipped my tea and let the show start. Had my glasses. It started out pretty good but about 15 minutes until totality the clouds started drifting in to the area again. So it ended up getting dark but couldn't see much of the eclipse..bummers. As far as I could tell no abnormal behavior from any animals that were around. Leroy the pup just kept chomping and then fell asleep

So kind of a bust for this area! Oh well until next time!

Respected Contributor

Barbara and chessielady, we had sun but I stayed inside and watched a bit on tv. R was on the back porch briefly doing a selfie over his shoulder. Our % was about 76.

Wouldn't you know those darn clouds would drift back in , chessielady?  I can picture your pup chomping on a bone and falling asleep. I guess in his mind the bone had top priority.

Both dogs slept through most of the eclipse. Now I need to figure out what's for supper. Tomorrow is a trip to the va.

Your DH's daughter is quite the traveler, Linda.