Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of August 11

Barbara, I'm glad you are having fun with the girls. Sending best wishes for J's MRI on Friday.

r is scheduled in for the pain clinic in 3 weeks. They called this afternoon.

It's good you can adjust you hospice visit to be there earlier, Linda.

Adam just called and we had a nice long talk. He's hoping to get vacation this fall. Only news regarding the boys is visitation is still supervised but should be ending soon. Our older grandson has contradicted Whitney's accusations but now the summer is over and the boys have been deprived of time with their dad.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope you are doing okay, Barbara.  Sorry I called M's MRI a mammogram, but I still hope it goes well.  

Glad you and Adam had a nice talk, Claudia.  It is a shame about the boys not having as much time or at least unsupervised time with their Dad as they could have had this summer, but hopefully things will improve in the Fall.  Does Adam have any idea where he will be going on vacation if he goes?

I'm back from the gym and need to get ready for my caregivers meeting.  The six month review with my financial advisor went well this morning, and it wasn't too hot on my walk.  But, we are expecting excessive heat again today.

Youngest DGS needed to pay for a computer code needed for one of his classes (they start next Monday), so I took care of the money transfer so he could pay it.  The good news is that financial aid has come through for the two boys -- Army DGS doesn't need to pay anything for the second quarter, and youngest DGS only $500.  DGD needed to fill out a form, but hopefully won't owe too much either.  Fingers crossed Army DGS graduates in December and doesn't owe any student loans.  And, the same goes for DGD in May.  I almost have to pinch myself that things are going so well with all of them.

Oldest DGS is supposed to come home from Chicago tomorrow, and he will be hosting his fantasy football group over the weekend.  He is the "commissioner" of his group.  DD is not crazy about it since it is usually 10 guys sitting around and drinking for hours, but she is not fighting it.  

Hope both of you, your families, and furbabies are feeling okay and have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

The time your DGS was in Chicago has gone quickly, Linda. I'm sure he doesn't think so though.

I am putting money aside to pay some of Adam's student loans off a bit at a time. I feel we should have pushed trade school more. He's more than able to do college courses but that's not where the real interest lay. I think after Iraq he was at loose ends and picked criminal justice because of R.

We went out  for lunch as 1/3 rack of ribs, potato salad, drink, and cookies was a special. We picked up the farm milk on the way home. We arrived home to find another shelving unit on the porch. At yi yi. Somehow R thought an order was cancelled and reordered. We'll keep this 2nd one but the 3rd unit that arrived at the store will be sent back.

I hope you're having an ok day, Barbara and have enjoyed the time with the grands. Nice picture on FB.

Adam was thinking September or October for vacation. Selfishly I hope it's after the bathroom remodel but hopefully before winter.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you were able to get a nice lunch, Claudia.  That is a shame about the shelving.  Oh well.....  I think too often people assume college is the answer for everyone.  Some people are just happier doing other things, and trade school would be a much better option.  I'm sure Adam will appreciate your help with his student loans.   Two of my grandsons (oldest and youngest) have loans, and the oldest is paying them since he has graduated.  Youngest doesn't need to pay until he graduates -- probably December next year.   Really hope that the other two won't need loans. 

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...We were busy with the girls so I did not post much. They had. Very good time...several,times I saw them walking arm in arm..SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A PICTURE OF THAT. 

Their dog, Roxy, the beagle had gained a lot of weight over the past year and was very lethargic..she was diagnosed with a low thyroid and after being on meds is a whole new dog.i was glad to see that. 

I am doing laundry today...have other things that need to be done but will save them for the weekend. 

Linda..nice to hear that things are good for you. The grands are lucky that you can help them...I agree that college is not the answer for all kids..Wish the high schools would have more trades type classes.

Claudia..yikes on the double order of shelving.,Glad Adan is doing well..hope you get to see him. Your grands are old enough to tell others what is really going on. Hope the pain clinic has some answers.

Enjoy your day.💖💖

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening! Glad the girls had such a good time Barbara.  I often think that I missed good photos, but I try to cut myself some slack.  Glad to hear about their dog being better.  Hope you get the laundry done and take it easy.

Also hope all is well there Claudia and no more shelving units have arrived..

As you may have read on the other thread, I finally have an appointment for my leg ultrasound and seeing the vein doctor again, but not until mid-September.  Yikes!  

My exercise classes this morning were certainly a workout.  I found that the teacher/leader grew up in Maryland.  She said she doesn't miss it.  I guess I miss it a little, but not enough to want to move back, at least for now.

Oldest DGS made it back from Chicago, and was feeling tired,  DD said everyone was pretty busy.  She was able to get several clothing items (pants, tops, etc). for DGD at a very good price (Ross), plus they are having a tax free time for back-to-school.

I'm feeling a bit sleepy after walking, exercise, and grocery shopping.  Perhaps a short nap is in order.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It's great Roxy is feeling like a whole new dog, Barbara. Our 2 have been playing more. Last night they were racing around the yard and leaping over each other. They had a grand time. Tonight they started their hijinks in the living room. Smh. Griff had such a happy grin on his face. He even stole Tippy's chew toy.

R put the 2nd shelving unit together today. He made a few noises about maybe he needed a 3rd one. I hope not.

I'm glad you got the ultrasound appointment even though you have to wait a few weeks, Linda. Those tax free days do help with purchases.

My voice is finally coming back but my ears are still plugged. I keep having to have R repeat things.

Have a good evening.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..back from a target run..NEEDED some essentials like shower gel,and toothpaste. I sent Syd outside to jump on her trampoline..she has too much energy this morning.

My cleaning lady is here...so the house will be cleaner.,

Linda..I read that your hospice visit was cancelled. I know you enjoy that..I read an article that the monsoons have not been great this summer...Phoenix has been very hot. 

I am a little sore..did too much yesterday and I am paying for it today.

Linda..good luck on the ultrasound appointment. Vs surgery will involve gluieing the vein shut. Wonder of they will  use super or gorilla glue..lol???

Claudia. Hope you feel better soon .was that from flying?..

My dear friend died on Thursday..everyone is sad but grateful he is out of pain

enjoy your day.🥰🥰

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  As you probably read, it is hot and dry here.  Also, my hospice visit scheduled for today was canceled.  At least I got my walk in early.  Just doing my regular Saturday chores.

Hope you are feeling better, Claudia.  I remember quite a few people at work would pick up a cold or something similar when they took trips.  Like Barbara, I wonder if you picked up your cold on the plane.  Hope R doesn't order yet another shelving unit unless it is really needed.

Sorry to hear about the death of your friend, Barbara.  But, I know it is a relief that he is no longer in pain.  Also sorry to hear you aren't feeling great today.  Try to take it easy now that you finished your Target shopping.  i know there are several types of treatments for vein issues, but I don't know anything about the one involving glue.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I suspect my "cold" is the result of our travels. It is getting better.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Barbara. It's very sad for his family and dear friends but he is no longer in pain. Hope you are feeling better and Syd's energy level is less. Wish I had her energy.

R decided to pick up the 3rd shelving unit at Wal-Mart saying he could use it. When we came home from another errand we found glass in the driveway. A pane from the attic window had fallen out. Up to a very hot attic we went and taped cardboard over the opening as a temporary fix. We discovered when the siding was done the sill was not covered or painted. Never thought to inspect the attic windows.

Sorry the hospice visit was cancelled, Linda.  I hope the rest of your day has gone well. It was hot earlier but then we had rain. I quickly mowed out front and half of the back before the rain started.

I found a few items in the attic to donate. I put the boxes on the sunporch until I can load them in the car.