Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of August 11

It is al ost noon here..I ran to target to get a couple of prescriptions...that will be my excitement for today. Lol

I had a really bad migraine yesterday afternoon so I went to bed at 4. I am hoping all is the side effects are done today. 

My to to do list is getting completed...we are going to finish it this month.

Linda..you were in my thoughts yesterday..glad yiur dil called you and yiur dd sent flowers. He will always be with you. You must have had some monsoon rains in yiur area...‘‘tis the season. Glad you made it to your hospice visit.

Claudia..hope all went well last night. Your doggies must be missing you.

enjoy your day. Syd has to do a self tape so v and I and the dog have to go out on the porch. Hopefully Pepper will not bark.😜😜

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of August 11

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Sorry to hear about your migraine, Barbara.  That must have been very rough.  Hope that it is smooth sailing for a while.  Also hope Syd got her tape done.

Thanks for your thoughts yesterday.  I made it through, which is a good thing.  

I think the rains lived up to the "monsoon" description for a change.  LOL  While I am no fan of lightening and don't like getting my shoes and clothes wet, it was a sort of nice change.  Really nice to be cooler.

Hope you didn't have any problems with your early flight today, Claudia.  I almost always have those early flights both ways, which is no fun.  Pretty strange about the venue for next year.  All I can say is that DC is very crowded and pretty expensive -- not just in town but all around the area.  Very interesting places to see, and the DC area will always be home to me, but I think I'm getting too old for that kind of atmosphere.  

Church went okay, and I'm headed to the gym soon.  I forgot a few groceries on Friday, so I may go and pick them up this afternoon.

Hope you continue to feel okay Barbara, and you both sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Sorry you had the migraine, Barbara. I do hope you're done with the sideffects.

We got home a bit ago. We stopped to eat between Buffalo and home since we missed breakfast and lunch. We nearly missed our connecting flight in Charlotte. Luckily I had requested wheelchair assistance since I knew it was a long trek between gates.  We got to the plane just as the last passengers were boarding.

I'm glad you made it through yesterday, Linda. Not an easy day to say the least.

We pick the dogs up tomorrow. We could have done it late afternoon but we are too tired.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Glad you made it home okay, Claudia.  That was smart about the wheelchair.  Hope you got some sleep last night.  I'm sure the dogs will be happy to see you.

Hope you are feeling okay today, Barbara. DH's younger granddaughter went back to middle school (8th grade) today.

It is hot and sunny today, but it wasn't too bad on my walk.  I forgot to mention that a very large saguaro cactus in one of my neighbor's yards fell down on Saturday.  It was leaning badly, and I guess the rain was just too much.  I know that they are expensive to have removed since they are very heavy.  Still, I really like them and hate to see them fall.

Strong bones class went okay this morning, and I have grief group this afternoon.  Hopefully, Jo Ann and I will get together for coffee after the meeting.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it is not hot, but the humidity is pretty intense so I turned on the ceiling fan. V and syd are on a mission to pick up a small trailer for Amie. We will take it up to them tomorrow.

i am pretty much back to normal..those side effects were not nice..v was concerned about my confusion...Will see what the dr has to say at the end of the month.

Linda, none of my grands go back until the week before Labor Day. Syd starts on the 3rd. 

We we lost a big cactus..not a saguaro in a monsoon a couple of years ago. It was not too costly but not cheap. 

Claudia..Glad you made it back. V uses a wheelchair in the airport..it is much easier.where were you this time ??

I need to finish the laundry and do some packing. We will only be gone for 3 days, so I don’t need a lot.

Have a good rest of the day.🥰🥰

Respected Contributor

Barbara, this time it was Louisville, KY. We flew back changing planes in Charlotte which was very busy. The gates were quite a says apart. I knew R and I could never make it on our own as by the time we landed we had less than 40 minutes. We had to wait a short while for the wheelchairs even though we had requested them. Flying down we also changed in Charlotte jut had almost 2 hours. The wheelchairs didn't show up so we walked concourse B to Concourse E. I tried the moving walkways but I didn't trust my balance so walked instead.

If Rochester had been the choice for next year R hoped to visit where a good friend from boot camp is buried. He had died just a few weeks after arriving in Vietnam.

Its good you don't have much packing to do. The confusion side effect would be upsetting. Btw, i did put my rolling carryon bag  in the larger hard case checked bag (39 pounds total). TSA picked my bag to open. When I opened the big suitcase this morning everything on one side fell out. They hadn't rezipped that side. Fortunately I used packing bags for the clothing on that side. The reason- the zipper went off track. Luckily it was a double zipper and repairable track.

Usually our schools don't start till after Labor Day.

Rain is expected so I mowed out back before supper. Today it was in the mid 80's.

I'm glad it wasn't too hot on your walk, Linda. Also hope your grief group went well and that you and JoAnn met up.

R's doctor is away for a couple weeks so discussing treatment of R's walking problems will have to wait. Tippy was not pleased that we picked Griff up first and gave us the "cold shoulder" most of the day. She also got out of her travel harness  there and chewed part of the buckle. Houdini dog. Griff when picked up  cried much of the way home. He stands up and hugs then cries till we reach home.I

I found a cat motif coin purse for my catsitter.

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening!  The confusion side effect isn't good, Barbara.  Hope it was a one-time thing.  Glad you didn't have much packing to do.

You always have adventures with your dogs and cats, Claudia.  I used to call one of my dogs Houdini dog-- hard to handle.  Sorry you have to wait to hear from R's doctor.

DD's area was having rain today, so the deck staining needs to wait.  Oh well.....

The grief group meeting was good yesterday, and Jo Ann and I had a nice time after the meeting.  I was able to schedule my session with the personal trainer next Wednesday.

The senior lunch program went pretty well today.  I got my Prolia shot this afternoon, and the doctor agreed to give me a cortizone shot in my knee before my trip.  

I got to the gym late, which meant I didn't have as much energy, but it went okay.  After our orientation the other day, I am trying to increase weight, etc. but do less repetitions.  Not easy, but hopefully will help build my strength.  My gym buddy who injured herself falling off of a piece of equipment is doing much better according to her husband.  She hopes to be back at the gym in a couple of weeks.

It was hot here today, and  they have issued an excessive heat warning for tomorrow and Thursday.  Good thing my AC is working.

Hope both of you sleep well tonight.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good morning..we are at Amie’s having fun with the girls. Syd came along so they are all very busy. She will be getting her first pair of glasses...my sil determined that she is near sighted so needs them for school. 

M has to have a more detailed mri on Friday. Hopefully they will have some answers.

Linda..when I had a trainer, she recommended more reps with lighter weights, saying that was a good way to build strength. I will be interested to see what your trainer says.Hope dd can gether deckmstained soon. The weather is such a factor. Hope you are staying cool.

Claudia..hope you are recovered..I can envision Tippy being upset.  M said Pepper is very lonely..waiting by the door for Syd.

have a good day..it is on the cool side here. We are going to Itasca state park where the headwaters for the Mississippi are.I have a jacket..lol

😍😍

Respected Contributor

Too tired to post last evening. I seem to have picked up a cold somewhere.

We got another call from the clinic. They have a local doctor covering the VA doctor. He recommended an appointment with the VA's pain clinic or an e consult with a neurosurgeon in Pittsburgh. We opted with starting with the pain clinic and see if that helps.

It is hot. R had a metal shelving unit to put together that will replace a plastic one in the garage. I've been out there helping but am taking a break while the dogs go out.

I'll try to check back later.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope you enjoy the park and it isn't too cool, Barbara.  That is the opposite of our weather for sure.  I have pretty much decided to stay in the AC as much as possible today and tomorrow during our excessive heat (at least that is what is predicted).  Good that Syd will be getting glasses if she needs them for school.  Hope M's mammogram goes okay, and she doesn't have any serious problems.  That is funny about your trainer.  The new trainer is the one who told me to increase the weight and decrease the reps to build my strength.  Perhaps it depends on the person.  I had told her about my gym usage and osteoporosis.

Sorry it is so hot there and you aren't feeling well, Claudia.  Summer colds are bad.  Interesting about R's options.  I know some people get a lot of help from pain clinics -- really hope that works for R.

Should be a quiet day for me.  My patient's caregiver just called to ask me to come earlier than usual so that he can pick up his wife and daughter at the airport on Saturday morning.  No problem with me.

Hope both of you have a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda