Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of April 5

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Take your time with those baseboards, Barbara.  That is one of those jobs I only do if I notice a problem.  And, usually, I only do one area of the house and then find something better to do.  Just about anything is better to do than cleaning.  Except paper filing/trashing.  I'm trying to do that much more often -- shred every week, and recycle the rest.  I had a tendency to let things pile up, which was a big mistake.

Sorry you are missing your services, Barbara.  Certainly a different Holy Week.  They had Maundy Thursday service on Facebook yesterday evening, but I just wasn't up to it.  The Good Friday Service had technical difficulty, but should be up by now.  

That is a big ham -- I'm sure your neighbors will be delighted to have some.  I gave away my split peas to the food bank, and now I regret it since I have the ham.  I guess I'll put the ham into lentil soup instead.  I went out to Wal Mart today, and found several things I needed (like weed killer) and various food items.  There was no tp, cleaners, alcohol, peroxide, etc., but the did have ice cream (I did not purchase any,) I definitely have enough of everything for at least a week or more except for maybe some dairy and fresh fruit and vegetables.   On a lark, I decided to go to the 99 cent store, and they had toilet paper.  I purchased some and a few other things like carrots.  Then, I took some peanut butter, beans, dishwashing liquid, and the toilet paper up to the food bank.  I was surprised to see our minister in the parking lot (he was late trying to get the Good Friday service recorded).  The food bank is currently run from the church, but hopes to have their own building some day.

Hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay, Claudia.  I can't imagine those heavy cats since most of my dogs were so little.  I saw a man riding a bicycle with a little cart attached with a dog inside.  He said the dog liked to ride.  

DD said their weather wasn't nice, and they were keeping the puppy indoors which he didn't like.  She had received her new (used) phone, and it is perfect so far.  

My SIL e-mailed me the other day -- she said she is working a lot at the assisted living facility.  The staff is very stressed, and there is a mask shortage so they have to reuse their masks a lot.  Fortunately, my oldest nephew in OK was able to buy some masks and ship them to her.  The place where she used to work (and was fired from) has had some cases of the virus, but this new place has not so far.

It was lovely on my walk, and I'm feeling okay.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

We had snow. I shoveled the steps but the sidewalk was bare. It has melted in the yard for the most part. The children 2 houses down were playing in the snow earlier. Griffyn thought that should not be allowed and Tippy took it as a reason to bark. I had heard her breed was not not big barkers. She must be the exception. Inside she will scold Griffyn if he's not where she thinks he should be. She does give a wide berth to his food though.

I'm not sure what we 'll have for Easter dinner. Tonight was leftovers. This morning the feral kitten was very anxious for his food. He was up on the front porch, standing on his mind legs peering through the storm door window. Its sibling kept its distance.

Our older cats have lost weight as they aged and are probably around 11-12 pounds. However Miss Boots' kittens are a different story. The boys are 17 pounds and up

to Spot's 30. There was a huge black feral around at that time before I was able to bring Boots in and I presume he was the father.

Baseboards are a pain to clean, Barbara. All that bending and moving around furniture. Nice of you to share the ham with your neighbors. I switched more clothes today. I also went through my shoes and bagged up the ones that are uncomfortable and will donate them.

I'm glad your nephew was able to get some masks to his mother, Linda. It's good there have been no cases where she works. Anytime I do a food donation I try to add paper towels and toilet paper to the donation.

Next week is the spring pick up of branches. We won't have much to put out since the trees behind us were radically trimmed last year. I must remember to check the first this at the side of the house to see if I need to trim it.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon.  A coolish day. I had a sweater shirt on when I took Pepper out. I met a friend ar the mailboxes and she said the only way she knows what day it is , is when she checks her pillbox,  my wrist is hurting again..I may have to call the dr next week.

m said they were under a winter storm warning for tomorrow. 

Linda..I have 3 pairs of the beach pants and like them very much. They are not that wide and I find them great especially for trave, , not that we will be doing much of that now.

No rain here..just a few sprinkles.

i placed a grocery pickup order for next Saturday..the earliest I could get a spot.

Claudia..hope the day is going well.

nothing to report otherwise.

blessings 😇

Esteemed Contributor

Your furbabies and the feral kittens are doing their part to keep you busy, Claudia.  Selfishly, I would love to have a dog right now, but when we are able to get out and travel, I would be leaving the dog alone too much.  

It has been raining off and on here, Barbara -- sometimes pretty heavy.  Definitely chilly -- I think the rain makes it feel chilly, but it isn't that warm (52 degrees at the moment).  It was warmer when I took my walk this morning.  Sorry your wrist is hurting -- hope the doctor can help.  That is a long wait to pick up groceries -- glad you have enough to make it until then.  I may go ahead and try a pair of those beach pants.

It is difficult to remember the days of the week these days.  I'm trying to keep up a semi normal schedule as far as exercise and chores, but......  Hoping the church service will be nice tomorrow (even if just on the computer).  The leader of the Caregivers group is having an on-line meeting Monday afternoon.  Not sure if it will work or not, but one of my friends is "attending" so I will try.

I received a recall notice for the car yesterday, and the dealer said they just heard about the recall and did not have the part.  They will call me when it comes in.  I have no idea what I will do when they are repairing the car, but....  

Much to my surprise, I received a card and $15 gift card to Culver's restaurant from hospice.  April is volunteer appreciation month, but of course, I'm not volunteering.  I am looking forward to getting one of the Culver's cod sandwiches -- I love fried cod (I know fried food isn't good for you, but.....)  

Hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay, Claudia, and both of you have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Today started out cold but by mid afternoon it was in the 60's. Funny week, one day it was almost 70° then 2 days later wind and snow.

Linda, last year I ordered the beach pants in the palm print and later got the stripes. Very tempted this year. The lavender is calling to me along with the red print. I need to see if I have any tops that would work with them.

Enjoy the cod sandwich when you get it. A little indulgence now isn't a bad thing. It may be some time before the part for the recall is in stock.

That's too bad about your wrist, Barbara. I hope the doctor can help. I find my shoulder and hip stiffen up overnight. Once I'm up and moving it disappears. It certainly keeps me from sleeping late. That and hungry cats wanting breakfast.

I heard that pick up orders of groceries had few open dates under a week and some have said they couldn't get all of what they ordered. I'm a normal situation it seems to work well but this sure isn't normal. I haven't tried it yet.

Cats are probably easier when you have a busy schedule. 2 keep each other company. But that would be a whole new experience since you've always had dogs.