Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of April 21

Happy Easter..we just got back from our community potluck...lots of variety so I found things to eat. We are going to play cards with our friends later this afternoon. It is not as hot today, but I am leaving the ac on.

got some cute pics of the grandkids..will post if their parents ok it. 

Nontsv for me..I am not a big fan of liquid knit...it is not comfy when it is humid. I found some cotton blend crops on jjill for a better price.

have a wonderful day.🐰🐰

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of April 21

We spent a quiet day at home and just finished dinner. I got up earlier than I wanted because I heard Tip. R hadn't had a good night so I sent him off to the back room to try and get some sleep.

Most of my day was spent on keeping an eye on Tip. It rained off and on which made her reluctant to go off the porch. She does not seem to be limping. Griff has perfected barking while lying down. I have to admit he is not barking as much. Maybe he feels he has a job watching Tip.

I'm glad you found things to eat at the potluck, Barbara. I bet the pictures of the grandkids are cute.

I've been trying not to do much today. Lifting that dresser and then being on concrete several hours did a number on me. I will need to determine where that dresser will go. I don't think we can get it up the stairs. It's too darn heavy even with the drawers out.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Glad you found things to eat at the potluck, Barbara.  Hope to see those pictures soon. Need to get back to FB.

DD took a picture of DGD on the deck.  I'm sure I'm not allowed to share, but she was wearing a beautiful dress and looked great.  As I mentioned on the other thread, I don't like crops on me, so I'm not buying the TSV either.  My capris and pedal pushers are very casual cotton ones -- mostly D&Co.  I would be interested in a capri or pedal pusher in a dressier fabric like liquid knit, but certainly not a need.

It is in the 80's here -- not bad.  Still nice indoors, so no AC.  I think I will call a company to evaluate my AC.  Found out that it was installed in 2003.  Still working great, but I don't want to take any chances on it breaking down in the summer.  

Sorry you are suffering the after effects of heavy lifting and standing on hard surfaces, Claudia.  Good idea to take it easy.  Hope you figure out where to put the dresser.

I am doing a little cooking this afternoon (finished the ironing), and I really want to get started on the book my buddy loaned me.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good idea to have the ac checked, Linda. You don't need any surprises. I'm sure your DD is lovely.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is cooler here, but still nice and warm. The broker finally called (actually called twice since I was not able to talk the first time), and he suggested what to buy with the money from the municipal bond that was sold, plus we talked about a few other things.  He seemed pretty knowledgeable, which was a relief.  Sometimes I think I'm talking to a guy (always a guy) right out of college on his first day.  

As you may have read on the other thread, strong bones class was fine, and I bought a ticket to a trip (recreation) to an arboretum and olive mill day trip in your area, Barbara.  It is for my anniversary, and I wanted to do something special.  I have grief group this afternoon.

DD's freezer was starting to show its age (20 years), and DD uses it all the time.  So, she bought a new freezer today.  She said she had saved the money for another purpose, so she could pay for it.  She also paid half the money for the front door and storm door to the contractor this morning.  I am paying for most of that job, so I'm not jumping up to pay for anything else at this time.

Hope you are feeling okay today, Barbara and all is well with V..  Also hope you, R, and your furbabies are okay, Claudia.  

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I have not accomplished a lot but that is ok...v is off playing bridge. We have a restaurant gift card sommay use that tonight.

i talked to my cleaning lady at home and she will be able to clean for me.  I have to replace my planters in front. They were 2 wooden baskets, which have finally fallen apart. I have had them for several years but our winters are very hard on them. 

Linda..the olive mill is interesting...they have very good lunches. I love their olive oil, which I use for cooking.,it is better than what I got in Greece. Glad your broker finally called. And good dd could replace her freezer at no cost to you. 

Claudia. Hope your day has been good.

i continue to flare..probably should take some prednisone.

enjoy you evening 💜💜

Respected Contributor

It warmed up and turned out to be a sunny day. Soon I'll have to think about mowing the lawn. I managed to get my haircut this afternoon. It's a bit shorter than I wanted but it will grow. I filled up a bin of winter clothes. I just need to get it up to the attic.I

You chose an interesting day trip, Linda. Your DH would be happy to see you doing what you both enjoyed.

Btw, our freezer is 40+ years old. I've considered getting rid of it but we had to take doors off to get it in the side door so I've put it off. It's good your DD had funds set aside.

Barbara, I hope you are able totake some prednisone since you're still flaring. It sounds like it's time to replace the planters. Do you have any idea what you will replace them with?

The dogs continue to keep me busy. Tip has more adult teeth coming in. I had our vet full out a form for her let insurance so the orthopedic wait time could be waived. Un fortunately she dated the exam as prior to the effective date of coverage so I need to have another filled out. I printed out that form today along with beneficiary change forms.

R has pt and weight management tomorrow morning. When he does that I have some donations to drop off.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..we are having a little storm..thunder rain and wind. I got everything done before this hit. 

I sent 2 big boxes home...it will give us more room in the back of the car. I had more to bring home because of what I took out to Ca. I am going to clean out the fridge tomorrow.

i broke down and ordered a barefoot dreams caftan that was on clearance. I am hoping it will serve as a travel robe.

hope your day has gone well.

🌸🌸

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Glad you got those boxes out of the way, Barbara.  Hope you are feeling better today.  Happy you enjoy the olive mill.  We will be having lunch there.  I have sampled lots of different olive oils -- Italy, CA, Turkey, etc., but it is good to know that you like there olive oil even better than that in Greece.  I need to get to Greece someday, not sure when, but....)  We had a brief thunderstorm, and I think it knocked out my internet for a while.  Glad it is back.

The senior lunch program went pretty well except that I had one less tray of enchiladas -- left in the kitchen until after everyone had eaten.  This made for some difficulties for me since they called for two pieces each, and there was no way I could do that.  Oh well.....  We sent several portions home with attendees who wanted more.

My buddy (we have volunteered there for about eight years) may move from her development to an area closer to me.  I know she isn't thrilled about moving, but I pointed out several good things -- including our being closer.

The older volunteer who had fallen and hit her head is back home now after time in the ICU, hospital, rehab, nursing home, but she is not doing very well.  Apparently, she fell again going into a restaurant -- hit her head and needed stitches.  I really think she should go into assisted living (she is 88 and lives alone), but she is very stubborn.

Hope R's appointment went well today, Claudia.  I am grateful that DD's freezer is in the garage so no problem in moving it in or out.  It is not the "chest" variety in any case -- looks more like a refrigerator.  Hope your furbabies are doing okay, and you got the insurance claim submitted.  

We had a speaker about Long Term Care Insurance today -- he is not allowed to sell, but talked about the topic.  Very interesting.  Apparently, insurance companies did not realize that so many people would make claims when it started (30 years ago or so), and many companies have gotten out of the business.  He said it is down to 10 companies now, and there were 12 last year.  I asked about the average time that people are on long-term care, and he said it was much less for men than women -- about two years for men and 4-5 for women.  He also said that you cannot get LTC insurance if you are 80 or above.  I know the prices are very high is you are 70 plus.  Glad that I got mine when I was younger.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Our day started out sunny and it reached 70°. Late morning it started raining. I had dropped R at home after his weight management class and headed to the vet with Tip's orthopedic waiver formform. The vet in question won't be in till Friday. It's a mother daughter team so I left them an addressed envelope to mail it.

It really started raining as I headed for Wegmans. I ended up parking halfway down the row.Tuesdays are senior citizen discount day. As I headed towards the store with my purse and the garbage bag full of recyclable bottles clutched in one hand, the wind really picked up. It blew my umbrella inside out. All I could do was hang onto everything and stagger along. Then the wind blew the umbrella right side. The temperature had dropped 15 degrees and I really regretted changing out of a sweater to a lightweight top.

By the time I headed back to the car with my groceries it was still raining. Ugh. I was definitely grateful for the heated seat option on the way home.

Next Tuesday VA home health is coming to the house to fit R for the mouthpiece for the cpap machine. I must start picking up. We've been stacking things out of Tip's reach.

Our elderly freezer is the refrigerator style too, Linda. It's too bad about the older volunteer. I can imagine how much she wants to stay at home.

Good idea to get those boxes on their way, Barbara. Our Scottish tour we sent a box home partway through out trip and it best is home.