Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of September 4

Good Evening!  You would not be cold/cool here, Barbara. Pretty hot, but not humid.  I'm happy with our one story house as well.  Glad V's team looked good and won, and the kids are good.  

Turns out the job may not be the best for DGS -- high pressure sales, and he is not sure that is a good fit.  At least he had an interview, and is getting out "in the market".  

Youngest DGS suddenly needed khaki colored pants for this morning (I guess for the game?) and DD and my SIL ended up driving down to the college in the evening -- got home quite late.  Not good for DD -- she is exhausted.

I think it is probably a good thing to have a quiet day, Claudia.  Hope the auction house gets some good bids on your items.  Sorry you need to deal with the stairs.

The painters were quite late yesterday, and they did not leave until 6:30 or so.  I spent much of the evening getting furniture, etc. back in the two rooms.  Before Monday morning, I will need to get as much furniture as possible out of the living and dining rooms so the tile can be cleaned.  At least, the shelves are bare.

I found a bunch of books to donate -- from DH's extensive collection.  It is such a shame that he can no longer read.  His son called this morning, and we had a nice talk.  And, his DIL got on the line as well.  She was very unhappy in Turkey, and apparently her Mom was as well.  Her Mom is coming for a visit next week.  His DD said she thinks this is the first time her Mom has visited.  

I found a small table for DH's room, and took it there this morning.  I fed him lunch, and we walked around several times.  I called his DD, and she told me that his half sister had passed away in May.  He had not seen her for 50 years or so when we visited with her and her husband in 2012.  We (his DD and I) decided that he probably would not understand about her death.  Meanwhile, his cousin, who visited here a few years back, had gone to Turkey to see his Mom before her death, and came home to have a heart attack.  Wow!

I still have lots to do here, so no pool time today.  Really would like to get back there soon, but who knows when I will have time.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda