Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of September 26

Good morning....I have laundry going..got a little behind so have a few loads to do.,nothing planned for today except a pedicure later on which I desperately need.

fall has arrived here...cold mornings and nice afternoons. I just keep the heat set to 70...that way v does not get cold.  

Our trip rip is fast approaching.,I am going to suggest that we drive tonYosemite when we are at Lake Tahoe..I have never been there and we spent a week at Tahoe a few years ago. It is only 100 miles away so would be an easy day trip.

libda..thanks for the info I will check out the link shortly. Your classes sound very interesting. I am going to check what Olli offerings are available when I get to az. Unfortunately, I would have a bit of a drive to get to where they are held.

i really hope that dh likes the day care.  It makes sense about you not being able to put him in more days. 

I am looking forward to hearing from Claudia.

i will check back. 

Esteemed Contributor

Enjoy your pedicure, Barbara. Yosemite is on my "wish list" as is Lake Tahoe.  I did go to Yosemite on our family trip when I was eight, but as DH used to say -- that is past the statute of limitations.  We saw a tiny bit of the Lake Tahoe area when we drove DH's son's car from CA to Maryland in 2006.  But, I have been wanting to go back and really see the area.

It should be a little cooler here today -- "only" in the mid 90's, and I think we are headed for cooler temperatures over the weekend.  It is fairly cool on our walks in the morning.

By the way, this morning we saw a coyote racing down the street -- I thought is was a coyote, and a dog walker confirmed it.  Usually, they are thin, but this guy was not.  He dashed into an alley way.  Hope there were no confrontation with the many dogs around here.

It should be a quiet day here.  I do plan to go to the gym and the grocery store.   DD should be getting her new toilet, which is a good thing.

Like you, I am eagerly waiting to hear from Claudia.  Hope all is well with her and both of you have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Just back from the hospital. Got there at 6 this morning. He was out of surgery by 9:30 but his room wasn't ready till 4:30. Surgery went well. The contact person in Erie told us wrong. He's not admitted the night before. The VA would have paid for a night at Comfort Inn. From what people said she has given everyone faulty information. We couldn't see changing hotels though especially since it was further away. Tomorrow after checking on Rod I'll head home. Will catch up on posts later.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad the surgery is over, Claudia.  Take care of yourself, please.

Respected Contributor

The morning has flown by. It is not a great day pain wise, so I have gotten done what needs to be done and took a pain poll. That will usually settle things down. 

M and syd are at dance. Last night m caught the dance mom attempting to record syd s solo from the tv...there are tvs in each studio. M caught her doing it...pretty unbelievable. 

Claudia..glad the surgery went well. Post when you can.

linda, I forgot to mention that we have a lot of coyotes..people with small dogs have to be vigilant.

we continue to have perfect fall weather. My feet are cold so I need to find something to cover the,. 

I I will check back later.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about the pain, Barbara.  Hope the pain pill works quickly.  I guess I don't understand -- why is the dance Mom recording Syd's solo?  Is she trying to have her daughter copy it or something?  I am confused.  She does sound like "a piece of work" as my Mom used to say.

Please do post when you have time, Claudia.  I'm thinking of you, and hoping for the best.

Nothing exciting going on here.  I decided to walk a slightly different route today -- thought about driving and walking where we had the "Hunger Walk", but I wasn't sure how DH would take it.   Another day, perhaps.  Usual laundry and financial review going on, as well as a trip to Fry's for some produce on sale later.  I'm also trying to do some cleaning and working on the grout in the bathroom.  Exciting stuff, not.

My ex's great niece (nephew's daughter) gave birth for a baby boy recently, and I have been messaging my ex's niece about it, etc.  Such a nice woman -- I told her that I still felt like I was her Aunt, and she was very sweet about it.  Her parents were divorced, and she was as well.  So, she knows how these things go.

Hope both of you have an okay or better day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

My iPad has had a complete breakdown...cannot get the Internet to work so I am using suds.

linda, this dance mom is obsessed with her daughter beating syd. She recorded the dance so she could compare...that is a big Nono. Now the kid is pressuring syd for the name of her song.  This is very pathetic to say the least because syd is a much better tapper.

the pain med helped a lot so I feel much better.

i am having beef stew and biscuits for dinner.

it wax nice that you can reconnect with your niece.

enjoy your day.

Respected Contributor

Lost post. Got home before dark. R still there possibly till Tuesday or later. Pt thinks rehab should be where he goes. Surgeon thinks home with in home pt. R of course wants home. I need to madly clean.

We'll see if this posts