Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of September 26

Good morning.  It will be another summer like day..perfect weather with a high around 80. Later this week it will be cooler.

nothing big planned for today.  I got some of my cool weather clothing hung up. Need to decide what I will bring to az.  It is going to be pretty warm there, but taking what I want for winter is easier in a car. There are some things I like tat I take back and forth....but not too much.

amie and her girls are coming in February. I will help her pay for the tickets....

need to to get sydnie soon, she had her dance thing this morning.

more later.

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of September 27

Respected Contributor

Sorry, I got the date wrong 

Spoiler
Spoiler
😫😫
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Close enough, Barbara.

Lost my post.

I've tackled the laundry, yard cleanup, mowing and trimming so far. I need to finish getting garbage out but have lost my energy. No word on the storm door installation.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of September 26

It seems like everyone is losing their posts, including me.  Very discouraging to say the least.  Very sorry to hear about the storm door, Claudia.  Hope they get on the stick soon.  You have been a busy lady with all that work today.

Hope dance went well for Syd, Barbara.  Did you have a chance to talk to the evil dance Mom?  

It is full-on summer here -- high 90's predicted for the next several days, and it may even make it to 100 degrees.  No need for winter clothes at all.  In fact, I'm sitting in my bathing suit cover-up at the moment.  I just got too hot at the gym.  It as nice when we took our walk, but now not so much.  I know that I prefer heat to cold, but I sure wouldn't mind slightly cooler temperatures.

Church goes back to three services next Sunday, and I am thinking of going to the earlier service (9:30).  It is pretty nice getting to the gym earlier, and that just doesn't happen when I go to church at 11:00.  During the summer, we just had two services, and I went at 10:00.  If I do go with this plan, I won't be able to do my pew tidying job, but some of the others are back, so it should not be a major hardship.  (You might be able to tell that I'm trying to talk myself into it).

Don't know if I mentioned it, but one of our newcomers is not coming back to Arizona as planned.  Her husband (turned 80 this year) has cancer and is apparently lacking in energy.  And, she has many things wrong with her (I can't remember, but....)  Anyway, I'll miss her -- interesting lady and very smart.  

I think that I'll go to Home Depot now to pick up the light switch cover that I ordered.  Also plan to stop by Bed, Bath, and Beyond to look at a few more storage/organization ideas.

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I cannot believe that it is almost October.  After I dropped sydnie at school I made a quick trip to kohls. I had a 30 % coupon neede to get a couple of new pairs of pjs.,I like the Vera wang brand. They wear very well.

now I am home and have laundry going...my cleaning lady will be here around noon. 

V is visiting his brother ( the one with cancer) so he will be gone all day. 

Linda, every year there are people who do not come back because of illness.i am looking forward to getting back to our az church and singing. 

Ckaudia..I am sure you are getting ready for rs surgery. 

I will ill be back later.

Respected Contributor

I have been trying to organize everything. As far as I know now surgery is a "go". Last night we got an automated call that he has 3 appts at Buffalo VA on Wednesday. Online my healthe vet shows nothing which isn't unusual. So it appears we'll go up Wednesday and stay rather than drive back and forth 2 hours one way.

This morning I called the boarding kennel to get the dogs in. The 10 hr shifts Adam works are too long to leave the dogs home. I also picked up items I planned to get Wednesday Now I need to get the bills done.

Lowe's called and I went up and paid the outstanding amount for the door installation. That will be done within a 30 day period.

Good idea to try the early service, Linda.

Send your cleaning lady here, Barbara. Lol. We're in dire straits.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Another busy day here.  I bet your house looks nice, Barbara.  I have considered the cleaning lady idea,  but not acted on it so far.  I'm sure the house would look much better.  Glad you got a good deal on those PJ's.  I imagine you are looking forward to the choir when you get back.  Sounds like you are an important part of the group, and they appreciate your beautiful voice.

Goodness, Claudia.  Getting ready for R's surgery seems like a lot of work.  Hope things go as smoothly as possible.  Good idea to stay in Buffalo rather than drive back and forth.  Sorry you have to wait for Lowe's, but at least it will be done.

Our leader wasn't able to go to strong bones this morning, so I lead the small group (two other ladies).  I have decided to skip Thursday if I have class and no one is here in the afternoon.  I feel guilty enough leaving DH alone when I'm in my OLLI classes all afternoon.  I really need to call the home health care people and have them come over and meet him.  Since daycare seems like a ways off (if ever), I need a back-up plan.  Our Turkish friend has set two Thursday afternoons for her visit, and DH's DD will be here one Thursday, so that only leaves two Thursdays this month.  

I know our friend doesn't want any money, but I think I'll insist on giving her some or maybe giving her gift certificates or something.  

After strong bones, we went up to COSTCO, and came home for a late lunch.  After lunch, we stopped by the thrift shop (small donation) and then the library to drop off a CD and pick up another.

My SIL's brother's funeral was this morning, and I know she was sad.  I found his obituary on-line, and I think he was about 10 years younger.  And, I think she still has one more brother alive.  Wish I knew more about all this, but.....  Her only "blood" brother (same parents) was killed in a shoot-out with police years ago (I think he was a teenager or perhaps early 20's).  She and that brother were adopted, and then her adoptive parents had boys of their own.  

DD seems okay, still struggling with my SIL.  But, things were a little better.  She checked NAMI and several other organizations, but could not find a support group.  The psychologist said she could see her, and I hope she does so.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. They are saying we may have record high temperatures here on Thursday (102 degrees).  I do like the heat, but this is getting old.

Respected Contributor

Good morning....it is chilly here...42. This morning . 102 is pretty warm for this time of year, linda. I am very sore again..I did some grocery shopping and have towels in the washer. That will be it for the day, I think.

i am going to have to bring some capris and short sleeved tops for our trip. We will be in Vegas for 3 days and then on to Phoenix.,the Oregon coast and Lake Tahoe will be cooler.

sydnie is really enjoying dance this year.i think she has the potential to be a very good dancer .. I am going to miss her a lot.

linda, it is said that your sils brother died.,glad did is doing better with her stuff. I know how difficult it is to live with someone who has depression. 

ClAudia...you have a busy few days ahead of you. Please keep us posted as you can

i will try to check back later. I chatted with apple tech and I have to get my pics off my iPad. I cannot remember how to do it, so v will help me.

Respected Contributor

Linda, it is a good idea to get some help in. I do hope he can get into the day care.