Super Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS Week of October 8

Boy...I sure could tell that yesterday was Friday the 13th!! The dogs were nuts...all day long. The fussed and groused and grumbled at each other over everything. The crazy husband decided that the gutters on the back of the house needed to be cleaned out. We have a big ole cape cod and the back is two stories tall.He is way to old to be dangling from a ladder that far off the ground! But I couldn't stop him so I held my tongue and the ladder. He didn't fall off but I really don't want him doing this again. You can hire people to do that stuff or we can get one of the son-in-laws to crawl up there! Geesh!!!

Hope all dogs and people are doing well and you all have a nice day!

Respected Contributor

Quite the contrast in temps..I am in a tan top and shorts with the ac going..about 94 today. I managed to get to the grocery store...could not figure out why my knees and feet were hurting until I remembered that my infusion is on Wednesday. 

I stiihave some organizing todo todo and I want to wipe the counters..v will clean while I am gone.

yikes Chessielady on your dh up on a ladder. Mine does similar things.

hope everyone is having a good day. I will check back later.

Respected Contributor

Yikes regarding the gutters, ladders, and your husband chessielady. Then to clean them on Friday the 13th no less.

When I was working I had caseload 13 for at least 15 years so wasn't superstitious about the number. Our boys were fairly calm yesterday Though the upstairs cats at times sounded like a small herd of deer as they raced around upstairs.

Have you considered gutter covers? I'm very pleased with the ones installed out front.

Griff continues to improve. At present I'm using bottled water for the animals as the awful taste is back again. I convinced R to use it in the Keurig too. The last few days he's been having problems too. This morning I had to cleanup from several cats being sick so decided no more tap water.

My dad didn't like heights. Bless his heart I remember him up on a ladder painting the back of our then 2 story house after work. The front was dormer Windows and when out on the porch roof the height got to him and he had to climb in the window. I know he was happy when they moved to a one story brick house when I was out of college.

Searched all over for my spare quilt for the bed so I could wash the quilt currently on the bed. I gave up and bought an inexpensive replacement. Walked onto the sunporch and see missing quilt in a basket. Smh.

Glad V is able to help, Barbara. I'm sure your knees and feet were hurting with your infusion so soon.

R has slept most of the day. He didn't even hear Griff bark when the mailman rang the bell.

Linda, I hope you're having a good day and your DH is well. It is in the 70's here.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Sorry yesterday lived up to its bad reputation, chessielady.  Glad that I live in a one-story house now, but I really didn't need to worry about DH and the gutters.  He was never the handy type, and my ex wasn't much better.  I usually did the lower ones and hired people to do the upper ones,particularly after a couple of guys I knew had fallen trying to clean out their gutters.  One died, and the other was severely injured.  Hope your DH listens to you next time.

Sorry you are feeling less than good, Barbara.  I'm sure the infusion will help.  Glad V is willing and able to do so.  I'm in shorts with the AC myself.  Just too hot to wear anything heavier.  I may switch to one of my coverups later (sleeveless "dresses" that I wear to the pool.

Too bad about finding that quilt after the fact, Claudia.  I have had the same issues in the past.  I guess R really needs his rest.

Today was the Alzheimer's walk, and I wanted to get there early.  I managed to do so, and the walk was good.  Wish we had more walkers, but not much that I can do about it.  The director of DH's place was there (they were one of the sponsors), and several people I know from my volunteer job, caregivers group, and the adult day services.  I made it home in plenty of time to visit DH and feed him lunch.  I called his DD, and she said the air was a little better today -- finally some blue sky.  The lady in DH's place who had "gone off" in the past started throwing things again after lunch.  Fortunately, her husband came, and hopefully she will calm down.  Another lady was alternatively very nice and pretty crazy -- accusing the caregivers of lying, etc.  That is pretty normal for her.

DH was doing pretty well -- not leaning and not sleeping too much.  He also was not leaning so much.  He could not finish his lunch or dessert, but they did serve him a lot.

I'm busy trying to get the laundry done and my financial review, etc.  Nothing too exciting.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda