Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of October 25

Good news regarding DGS.  The doctor said that he has a deep bone bruise (I think that is the correct term), but nothing like a break that would make it impossible to play football tonight.  Once the season is over, the doctor wants him to have PT for a while.  He said that the pain will go away eventually.  If not, he will have an MRI, etc., but nothing shows on the x-ray.  That is a relief.  

Glad you hired a director, Barbara.  Good idea to take it easy today.  

Sorry R has a cold, Claudia.  Good that you are getting rid of the beat-up chair picked up.  One less thing to clutter up the place.

Sleep well.

Respected Contributor

Good news, Linda.I'm sure DGS is relieved.

Do take it easy, Barbara.

I'll be so glad to have the old chair off the sunporch. Maybe I can declutter that after Monday. Of course as soon as I declutter someone comes along behind me and clutters it up again.

Respected Contributor

Good morning...I am leaving for a 3 hour choir practice. V is going to change the bed and clean the floors for me.

last night at dance some of the girls were watching her solo and decided to shout that Sydnie was going to bear Haley...loud enough for Haley to hear. M put a stop to it and apologized to her mom, the dance mom who is giving her all the grief. Karma.

linda..glad there is nothing seriously wrong with dgs...I read your frustration with people saying dh is not that bad. Obviously, they know nothing about dementia..I am surprised that his dd did not see the deterioration. ((((Hugs)))

claudia...I have the same problem in my house, especially with syd just putting things wherever. I am working on her and she is getting better.

i will check back later

Respected Contributor

Linda, I remember visiting mother at the nursing home. On the way to her room met a friend of hers who said she seemed well. I mentioned mother had her set of stock answers butwhen asked questions the memory loss quickly showed, such as thinking Reagan was president, married 30years vs. 50, going out to lunch every Thursday, and so on.

It may be DD's daughter despite be a physician is reluctant to see her dad's worsening problems especially since the big problems did not show up during her visit.

Good for M, Barbara. V can come over here and clean my floors-lol. Not much getting done today. I did go out for dog food and a few essentials earlier.

Esteemed Contributor

I was sort of surprised about DH's daughter as well.  But, as Claudia and DD pointed out, she may not want to think that is the case.  Also, he did not have any major issues while she was here.  When she called last night, I mentioned that he did not remember about the ambulance ride and hospital, and she was not surprised.  She said when she talked to him the night that it happened, he said that it did not.  Yikes!   I guess I didn't think he would forget something that dramatic, but....

V can come over here after he finishes Claudia's floors, Barbara.  That is something about the other girls saying Syd would beat the dance Mom's daughter.  That was very good of M to apologize.  Classy.  Don't know if I mentioned it, but DGS' friend who had the brain tumor's Mom is a "football" Mom like the "Dance Mom".  DD is so glad that she didn't ever say or do anything to her.  It is also such a good example for the kids (Syd and the boys).

Hope the choir practice went well.

The parade was fine, but I think driving and getting a ride to the parade start took a lot longer than walking would have done.  Oh well....  Our weather was very good -- started out a bit cool, but turned quite nice.

Came home and DH and I took a walk (short) since the parade walk wasn't all that long.  He said he was happy to have me home.  

Saturdays are busy for me, and between the parade and the potluck, I'm feeling a bit stressed.  Need to remind myself that laundry and financial stuff can be done tomorrow with no problem.  

DD texted me when they stopped for a break and when they were waiting for the football game.  Hope that is going well.  Don't know if I mentioned it, but DGS' team won last night, and he played quite well.

Need to get back to work now.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda