Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of October 20

Good afternoon...I worked the coffee bar for our singing group here.i was paired with someone new to the choir and she was fun. I enjoy doing it but it takes a big toll on me. I needed to get some prescriptions so v took me and then we had a nice lunch..I have more than half left over for later if I so want.

it is a gorgeous day. 😎😎

Linda..glad you had a good visit with your friend. I have had coughing fits so bad that I could not catch my breath...I know how to calm myself by breathing...yoga and years of voice lessons..but they are scary.  Hope your dgd can get some answers..v3 has a pretty significant hearing loss because of his non stop ear infections.  Please take it easy for a bit longer.

Claudia..hope your day was not too tiring.

sleep well. 

by the way, my nephew did well.he will be on blood thinners and closely monitored with more surgery as the clots form.

🌺🌺

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it s another lovely day. I am flaring quite a bit today...so I am doing the minimal...I want to be able to manage the stairs for choir tomorrow.

it is really kind of a blah day..one of my credit cards was compromised so the replacement came today..it is odd that it happened because it is only used for timeshare maintenance fees. the replacement card arrived today.

Linda. Glad you are feeling better

Claudia..hope you are having a good day.

😎😎

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Barbara, I'm glad you're only doing what's necessary today since you have choir tomorrow. Too bad about the compromised card. It seems to occur more often these days.

It's a rather gloomy chilly day here and has been raining. I haven't done much either. I did go to Tractor Supply for cat food and dog treats since I had a coupon that would expire tomorrow. I picked R up a couple flannel shirts. He requested them after he saw Adam wearing one. In the past he stuck with short sleeve shirts avoiding long sleeve tees. Hopefully he'll wear them.

It's an achy day for me. The weather doesn't help. I woke up after midnight to the upstairs smoke detector sounding off. The cats were in a panic. No smoke but I had R help check things out. Everything seemed fine but he smelled an ammonia smell. I had relocated a litter box when we expected the contractor. R said that could have set the alarm off from what he read online. The cat in the litter box at the time must have gotten the scare of his life. We had moved the detector to a wall in the hall. Originally it was up at the top of the stairs. I felt that was too risky a spot to get up on a ladder especially after R 's fall.

Linda, I'm glad you're feeling better but taking it easy.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Sorry both of you aren't feeling well today.  I hope things improve tomorrow.  

That is a shame about the compromised card, Barbara. 

That must have been quite a shock with the alarm going off in the middle of the night, Claudia.  Hope R wears the shirts.

I have had some more coughing spells -- not nearly as bad as yours, Barbara.  After my hospice visit (went very well), I stopped by to purchase some more cough medicine and cough drops.  My energy level is pretty good, but I still don't have a good appetite (unusual for me.)  

DH's DD e-mailed me -- back from her mission trip to Guatemala.  It was just three OBGYNs (all female), and they went to a remote area to do surgery on native women.  She is swamped with work -- home and work, but will call when she has time.  I asked about smoke from the fires -- hope they are not in their area.

I have lots of things to do now, and my mobile help device has arrived, so I am charging it.  You are supposed to call technical support once it is charged.

Hope both of you get some rest tonight, and choir goes well tomorrow, Barbara.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I hope the cough medicine helps, Linda. It will probably take a while for your appetite to return. Maybe try small portions throughout the day. I hope your DH's daughter and family are not near the fires..