Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of October 20

Good Sunday...I struggled out of bed to sing both services. We did a more upbeat song with clapping and it was much fun. Our new director has a much more varied selection in anthems.

i continue to be very fatigued...not taking prednisone has definitely affected me.argghhhh..

I am almost finished with hat #2...so the knitting is progressing nicely.

Linda take care of that cold....I really try to avoid sick peoples and do a ton of hand washing. My dr suggested that I wear a mask once flu season starts when I go out.

Claudia..have fun with Adam.

Enjoy.🍁🍁

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of October 20

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Barbara.  Sorry you are so fatigued.  Good that you made it to sing and are enjoying the new choir director's hymn selections.  Glad you are making progress on the hats.

Can you get the flu shot?  I know some people cannot do so.  I did make it to the gym, and I did okay.  But, I was very tired after that, and took a short nap before lunch.  This cold medicine is supposed to be non-drowsy, but.....

I decided to donate a carry-on bag -- extra since I had one that was DH's and one that was mine.  His was nicer, so I kept it.  I have a pretty nice stack of things to donate -- no clothes so far.  

Do you remember the brand of the underseat bag you have?  I'm still trying to decide what to order.  No big rush since I still haven't planned another trip, but.....

Hope you are having a fun visit with Adam, Claudia.  The Midnite PM seemed to help last night.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Sleep well tonight.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda..my bag is by travelon...it has held up well

i got my flu shot right after we got here..I cannot get the senior one however because I have had bad reactions to it.

pm nyquil works for me when I have a cold.

Respected Contributor

I persuaded R not to try to climb the attic roof to see if a shingle is loose. He called one contractor and left a message. I suggested we check Lowe's and Ace to see if they have cards or a list of people.

Adam will be leaving tomorrow to head back to OK. It was a short visit but priceless. He's meeting up with friends tonight.

I'm glad the Midnight PM helped a bit, Linda. My wheeled carryon went in the overhead and I had a Lug  bag for under the seat. When we weren't met at Charlotte entire to Louisville the wheeled carryon was a real pain. I couldn't trust it and my balance on the moving walkways.

Another vote for Nyquil.

Barbara, I'm glad you enjoyed the singing even though it was a struggle to get out of bed.

Still working on getting more use out of my right arm. I did finish putting some winter clothes in the dresser and packed more summer items away.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it is a nice day..I am not going to put my warm weather clothes away for. While yet..it will be in the mid 90s later this week...I do enjoy this weather.

i accomplished a few things today..it is another achy day so I try to pace myself. I plan on completing hat #2 this afternoon.

nontsv for me ..Black blouse #1 arrived and I will keep it because it has a collar.  From the discussion the other night , I think we will be required to have collared blouses.

Linda..glad you are feeling better. I just had an issue with a card that I do not understand how it got compromised because it is not used very often..so that card was cancelled and a new one is on the way.  It was in tye mid 50s this morning, but now it is 85.

Claudia..it was great that Adam got a visit in...I know you enjoyed that.

have a good rest of the day.🎶📦

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening.  I remember you suggesting Nyquil in the past, Barbara.  For some reason, it didn't work for me.  As it turns out, I don't think I had a cold, but I sure have been tired lately despite taking multiple naps.  Glad you are enjoying the weather and that the first blouse will work for choir.  Sorry you are achy.  

I was foolish to agree to the travel card since I already have plenty of credit cards, plus I ended up not charging anything in Italy since I had Euros.  Since I don't know when I will be going overseas again, it seemed silly to add yet another card that could be compromised.  That one was not compromised, but I had to take the "freeze" off my credit accounts which resulted in all those warning about possible issues.  

Glad you talked R out of going up on the roof, Claudia.  The lady who lent me a book said she had an agreement with her husband that if he didn't go up on the roof, she would not climb up a stool or ladder.  She has had two falls this year. 

I managed to get to the thrift shop and donate the things I had decided to get rid of.  I'm sure I could eliminate many more things, but.....

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Adam is on his way back and promised to call when he stops for the night and again when he finally gets there. He doesn't work till Thursday so that gives him an extra day.

Tippy is not pleased at Adam leaving but is happy Griff is home. Griff cried most of the way home and hugged. If he could have climbed up front and sat on a lap I'm sure he would have. I'm glad R was there and driving because I didn't need Griff pawing my . shoulder. We got home before Adam left. While Tippy was outside and not bouncing up and down Griff met Adam again and was much calmer and let Adam pet him.

The contractor called back and came out to check the roof mid afternoon. He found some caulking needed done around the chimney and a few other places. They had to put a ladder to the sunporch roof, then a 2nd ladder to reach the attic roof. Th e wind blew that ladder down at one point. Luckily no one was hurt and a window wasn't broken. The caulking is done which is good because rain is forecast.

If this was a one story house I might have let R on the roof. 2 stories and a full attic - no way. He admitted it was a good thing because he got dizzy just watching from the street.

Not foolish to agree to the travel card, Linda. The people can be very persuasive. It may work for some but it's not something I would want. I'm not surprised about your fatigue. You did a lot of traveling.

Tomorrow will be busy. R had his breakfast and weight group. Then I have pt.

We went out for supper and decided not to crate Tippy as a test. No problems.

I'm glad you are pacing yourself, Barbara and the one blouse is suitable.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I am back from choir..had a dr appt to get my standing orders for my port flush. I see a nurse practioner who is wonderful!i have lost a bit more weight...not a worry yet.

i heard from one of my sils that my nephew, who is 6 month younger than v3 has developed a very serious cardiovascular condition where clots form in the thoracic veins and can be life threatening . He is having surgery tomorrow. We are praying all will go well. 

Linda..sorry to hear that you may have the flu...yikes...did you get one of the antiviral drugs???  Take care and hope you feel better soon.

Caudia..I did not realize that Adan was driving..Whe one is young it really does not matter.  R was very smart not to go up on the roof..WE HAVE A ONE STIRY HOUSE AND SYD IS OUR ROOF PERSON...she is very careful. 

Feel better and sleep well. 🤩🤩

Respected Contributor

Linda, I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. It was smart to cancel your volunteer lunch and other appointments. Rest and take it easy. When we took our big tour of Scotland people got sick near the end of the tour. It hit us mostly on the way home. We were so sick (I knew we were doomed when the 2 sisters  behind us started coughing). It was a tour guide's worst nightmare. Several people to  the emergency and 1 person admitted for 3 days. No matter how careful you are unless you're a hermit you can end up sick. Honey is good for a sore throat.

Last night I went to bed about 10 with my cell phone. I ended up texting Adam a bit after midnight and found he was still driving. Of course he'd slept till almost noon. Later he texted that he stopped for the night about 1:30.

We had a lot of rain last night and today.I did find some water on the plastic bin in the attic so I hope to have R call tomorrow. I emptied one more bin of winter clothes and stopped for groceries after my pt appointment plus did some banking and dropped off donations.

My shoulder aches but I think it's the weather change.

How are you today, Barbara?

Respected Contributor

I will keep your nephew in My prayers, Barbara. Hope the surgery is successful.

Now that Adam has a reliable vehicle vehicle he decided he could save money by driving.

I just finished putting the bimonthly recycling out at the curb.