Esteemed Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS Week of October 15

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It should be another warm day and week here, but it does cool down at night.  I will let DH's son know that he should be prepared for the heat when he visits on Wednesday.  

Nothing much exciting going on here.  I have been to church, and I'll leave for the gym soon.  I'll visit DH later and feed him dinner.

Hope you are not aching too badly, Barbara.  When do you go back for your infusion?  Also hope R is not trying to do too much, Claudia.  And, the dogs and cats are behaving.  Waves to chessielady and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice Sunday everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS Week of October 15

Hi everyone,

Image result for have a nice sunday word images

Respected Contributor

Thanks Meallen for the graphic..hours are always so nice. And thank you linda for starting the thread.

we  went to church this morning..I stopped by the choir room to get my music ad see people. It will be another week before I go back...

i leave for the coolweather home Home on Tuesday. Will come back Saturday evening. Syd is quite frustrated with her solo...it is very difficult and her teacher, who likes syd a lot tends to yell . M said last week she was in tears. But she needs to be pushed..m was told she has the potential to be the best tapper at her studio. 

98 here today...😍🌵

linda..hope the visit goes well with dhs son. Glad the smoke from the fires is not affecting his dd too much. Enjoy your visit with Dh.

claudia..hope the dogs and r are behaving.

chessielady..hope your day is going well.

enjoy.

Respected Contributor

It's mid 70's this afternoon but we may be getting storms by around 5 our time. R wanted to try bowling this afternoon but the alley was closed. Instead we had a late lunch early supper at Perkins. Earlier I mowed out back. I wanted to do it before the rain arrives. There's a small strip under the back window that I forgot. Oh well. Originally I intended to sort through clothes. Maybe tonight I'll have the energy.

Darn stubborn TT refused to go out last night at 9. This morning at 2 am he woke me up with his woofing.

Hope Sydnie can get past her frustration with the so!o, Barbara.

Linda, i hope the visit with dh's son goes well and there are Nno flight delays.

Hope the dogs are behaving, chessielady. It looks like our storm is fast approaching. Whoops, and here it is. Trees In back really blowing in the wind and rain.

Meallen, I enjoy your graphics.

Hopefully will meet up tomorrow with several people I graduated with.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..another warm day today..high of 99.it looks to be pretty nice in the north country also.

i decided to get the car washed this morning..it took over an hour..becauuuse I had everything cleaned. The floor mats are drying on top of the 🚗 

i am only traveling with my purse tomorrow..will be bringing a small suitcase back. It is so warm here that I do not need any cool weather clothes. 

Claudia..hope you get to meet with your friends..I find it very difficult to get together with more than one person. 

M sent a video of syds solo so far and it looks very difficult. I will work with heron the timigwheni am Home.

linda..hope your day is going well.

same with you Chessielady.

i need to switch out the laundry.

(((Hugs)))

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I much prefer one on one. 3 or 4 is ok. Imagine my shock to find 12-15 that I had not seen most of them in over 45 years. Oh my. Also most I did not recognize or remember. Got home and R thought I'd been gone longer than anticipated and him trying to do something he cut his finger. No stitches needed thoug.

A very chilly day here. My Fl classmate flies back tomorrow.I've made a small start on switching clothes from summer to fall/wintexr. I just need to haul the plastic bins up to the attic.

Esteemed Contributor

I hope you can help Syd when you get home, Barbara.  Cute symbol for a car.  I like having my car professionally washed.  There is a place nearby that does a nice job, and they have a senior discount on Tuesdays.  I don't think they take the floor mats out  of the car for that wash, but you can get a more extensive wash (for more money, of course).  I think you are probably safe not having warm clothes for a while.  It was cooler here than there, but still in the 90's this afternoon.  Nice and cool in the morning, however.

Wow, that was different, Claudia.  Interesting that you did not remember some of those who attended.  I'm sure I would have the same issue if I got together with people I graduated with many years ago.  Sorry R cut his finger.  Hope you get your warm clothes out.  Also hope it warms up a little.  

Waves to chessielady.  

I had my strong bones class this morning, and then got my Prolia shot.  Not happy that I had to wait for 40 minutes or so, but.....  I showed the doctor a bump on my leg, and he confirmed that it was a varicose vein.  Looked a little different than the others.  Anyway, he suggested that I get compression stockings, and I ordered a pair.  I tried the pharmacy, but they were out of my size/style.  I have compression socks, but this vein is above my knee.  

DH was pretty out of it today.  I hope he was just tired, but he wasn't smiling much either.  Hopefully, he will be better tomorrow.

Sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope everyone is doing well.  Exciting news from DD -- my SIL was offered and accepted the new job.  He starts in mid-November.  He wanted to give his current office plenty of notice, so the new place agreed.  Relief for him, DD, and the whole family.  

Another good thing is that I won a basket of stuff from the Alzheimer's Walk.  You got three chances for $5, and I had no idea that I won until my boss at my volunteer job told me so this morning.  Nice, big basket, plus lots of little things like a coffee mug and coffee, insulated cup, magnets, etc.  

My work buddy was sick, but things went pretty well. 

It is another hot day here,and I think it will reach the 90's at least until the weekend.  I found DH's son is not renting a car, so I guess he will take a shuttle to DH's facility, and I'll meet him there after my class tomorrow.

Have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. My SIL wrote on FB that her heart was broken again.  She has not had good luck with dating since my brother passed, unfortunately.

Super Contributor

I've been busy the last few days. I cleaned out one of the bedrooms upstairs. I had taken over the dresser and the chest. Also filled the closet! So I went on a purge! Every thing is either donated or moved down stairs and into our room. I have purged the closet down stairs so I am pretty organized now. I hauled out the dresser, mirror and the chest to the local DAV shop. Just the bed left and a nice easy chair and side table/lamp I don't know what is next for this room but it will be ready when I decide!

Now the other pup has a cough! He kinda sounds like a goose honking also! My vet said a lot of this cough was going around....but it's not the canine flu. It goes away in 5-7 days. So we just listen to the cough and wait! They are still fine in every other way,,,eating etc.

Temps are pretty nice in the low 70's days and 50's nights. Rain might be back this week end. Still getting more ground squirrels! Hope every one has a good evening!

Oh I also bought my plane tickets to London. Going to be there from Dec 2 thru 10th!!!!

Reserved my room at my hostel and renewed my English Heritage membership...Yeah!!

Respected Contributor

Yay for your sil and family, Linda. I know that was a big concern. Congratulations on winning the basket.

Sorry about the pup, chessielady. Don't they sound awful when they start honking/coughing? Griff was miserable and laid in the back room on R's old poncho liner. Up till then he hadn't been allowed back there. Now he goes back there often and looks out the window and barks (king of all he surveys).

You accomplished a lot. I got some clothes sorted today. I have too many. If there's a closet or empty dresser I will fill it. Lol. There is a bookcase I am considering donating. I have to measure the suv to see if I can fit it in. If so I think I can slide it down the stairs.

This afternoon I loaded up Miss Boots and took her for her shot updates. She was not pleased. I had hoped to take Spot (R called him the spotted leopard and Spot kind of stuck). However he pulled his disappearing act. Also picked up TT's medicine. TT will get his shots next month then I'm set till the 3 kittens (now 2 years) get theirs in January. The wheeled pet carrier works well once I get it down the steps.

We had frost this morning. Our high was 53°.

I hope you had a good flight, Barbara. I know Sydnie's is thrilled you're there for a few days.

Linda, I hope your DH is more alert today and he enjoys his time with his son.