Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of November 9

If it was just the extra deposit I'd cover it and we'd consider it birthday/Christmas for a couple years. An extra $100 a month imo is just being greedy especially when she's an excellent tenant.

If you have poa, Linda you may be able to make changes. I know that's what we did to protect mother's assets when it appeared dad would be transferred to a nursing home.

Happy Birthday to DGS. Nice he was able to take the day off.

It's windy here and in the mid 40's. At least not as cold as your area, Barbara. I'm glad you're painfree.

Respected Contributor

Linda, I hope sil's sessions help. My mother's birthday was Dec. 13th btw.

Respected Contributor

The morning was a snooze fest for me because I took my night, rather than my morning pills. Yikes....so I had to take a nap and as a result have accomplished nothing.

have some spruce tops to put in the outside planters and I want to get the tree up. Syd can decorate at her leisure.

This is going to be short, as a result. More later.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Sorry about your pill mix-up and snoozefest, Barbara.  Glad almost all of your shopping is done.

Hi Claudia -- is R doing okay today?  I know you certainly don't need that kitten back, but the extra charges they are asking of your sister are so unfair.  

Yesterday went well for the most part.  DH did fine at the day services place, and they even trimmed his fingernails.  I had no clue that they provided such a service, but it is great!  I can certainly use the extra help.

The potluck was nice, and totally by chance I sat next to a lady who I had seen at the caregivers group whose husband used to go to day services.  He is in a nursing facility now due to several health issues -- stroke, etc.  She said he used to go three times a week, and enjoyed it very much.

After picking up DH, we went to the store, and he was really having issues -- just getting in and out of the car was difficult.  When we got home, he wanted to take a walk with me, but I told him that I didn't think it was wise.  But, he did walk around the block with me this morning.  A ten-minute walk was more than enough for him.  Then, I went for a longish walk -- stopped by the thrift store and library.  

DD texted me that they are back at the therapy place today -- no problems getting there in plenty of time.  She took DGS shopping last night, and he also ordered stuff from Amazon (I had sent an Amazon gift card).  Hope all goes well with them.

I need to pick up a few things at the grocery store as well as do my regular laundry and financial review.  I sent an e-mail to DH's son, and he is very supportive of the new lawyer idea, etc.  Glad to hear that the POA might help if we need to make changes, Claudia.  That would be a relief.

So sad about what happened in Paris.  But, I think the only thing I can do is pray.

I found some Linea pants on clearance this morning (had been on my wishlist for ages).  So I ordered them -- hope they fit well after all this waiting.

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda..sorry that dh continues to have problems. Might this be the new normal??? I hope not for your sake. It was nice you could connect with that lady.  And how wonderful that the care place provides those extra services. Hope your sil is doing well.

the Paris tragedy is do sad. I think you know it is one of my favorite places...I have been there several times and know where that theatre is. Amie is going to Scotland for a week on Friday and she said she is not sure they are going. 

I told old her we cannot let terrorists control our lives.  

Hope me your day goes well.

Respected Contributor

I do hope Amie goes, Barbara. My feeling is I won't let creatures like that control my life. Scotland I imagine is a fairly safe place though anything can happen anywhere. No sense staying home as long as you're alert to your surroundings.

Our first overseas trip was in 04. Some of the tour group (mostly Aussies) had been on another tour and were in Madrid on 4/11.

I would like to take a week in London next year. Trying to decide between that or an Alaskan cruise.

Linda, I'm glad the short walk went well. How nice they trimmed DH's fingernails. I always had a difficult time with mother's.

Fingers crossed my sister finds a home for her kitten. Adam left early morning for a week doing inventory at the reserve center.