Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of November 9

Too bad the slippers don't fit, Linda. It seems sizing is just guesswork anymore.

At first I was out of sorts about dinner but then realized it was just the change of plans plus I was the one who would have to pay for my dinner. Adam doesn't enjoy going out for the free dinner and hearing the "thanks for your service". I ended up ordering pizza delivered.

I need to put funds in his account tomorrow for the truck payment plus I need to get moneyfor meals for the 7 days he spends at the reserve doing inventory. Last I heard he can sleep there rather than driving back and forth. I would hate to pay for a hotel but...

I'm heading to bed and hoping I can sleep off my headache. Barbara, I hope your headache isn't terrible.

Respected Contributor

Yikes..a busy day. Had to get my port flushed and then went to knit with my friends. I got home at 1 and just finished putting syd fundraiser for dance together. They sold pizzas and she sold over $400 worth. She will get 40% applied to her dance account.

my head was good until I got home...probably all the addition  did me in. 

Linda, sorry that dh is developing more mobility problems. You do such a god job of keeping him active. I hope it is a temporary thing.

cladia..sorry dinner did not work. I have heard that there are a number of service people who do not like that thank you. I tend not to do it for that reason. 

M is very upset with our insurance because they seem to be giving her the run around on her accident. I would like to call but that would usurp her autonomy.

i hope you are both having a good day.  Claudia..did your head get better??

Respected Contributor

Addition will do it every time, Barbara. Good for Sydnie. I hope things improve with the auto insurance. I'm sure it's frustrating for M.

The thank you for your service is so overused it has become meaningless even when people sincerely mean it. Part of Adam's problem I think is that he doesn't believe he deserves it having been in a combat zone but not in combat.

I have sausage chili with salsa and squash on the stove. It's a rather blustery day. Griff hasn't experienced wind like this and was out back barking at it.

The headache went away but is now back though not as bad.

Linda, hopefully dh's sitting and mobility problems are temporary.

I need to let the kittens out of the spare room for a bit. It's harder and harder to keep them all together. They're like miniature Tasmanian Devils- the cartoon version.

Respected Contributor

Claudia..my cousin nice had a Siamese kitten who was terribly uncoordinated. He would try to jump from chair to chair and would miss and fall on the floor.

the Tasmanian devil kittens made me laugh.

Esteemed Contributor

Good for Syd selling all those pizzas, Barbara.  Hope your headache goes away quickly.  You certainly have been busy. 

Sorry about the run around M is having.  I can certainly relate after what happened when I had my accident.  I was so upset at the insurance company.  Still am upset with them to some degree.  The sin of omission -- conveniently did not mention my underinsured motorist coverage.  

Cute image of the kittens, Claudia.  Hope you are feeling better.  Interesting about the "thank you for your service" like/dislike.  I think DGS is uncomfortable with it, but of course he has never been on active duty, etc.  Sorry you need to financially help Adam.  It never seems to end with DD.

I had quite a shock today -- the CPA told me that the limited partnership that the estate guy set up was unnecessary and would probably end up costing us money.  Not only that, but the estate guy was disbarred!  I knew that he was a law school graduate, but I guess he never mentioned that he was not a practicing attorney.  I googled him, and found that he was convicted in a money laundering scheme (marijuana selling company some years back).  So, now I'm feeling pretty insecure about all that he has done for us.  I asked the CPA, and he said it might be a good idea to check with another attorney to see what he/she thought about the second trust/partnership.  All a bit complicated, but I did make an appointment with a local attorney. 

At least I did like the CPA, and his charges seem reasonable to me.  He was good about answering questions, etc.  

After I got home from the CPA, we went to the gym.  That went fine (although the gym was pretty crowded at first).  After lunch, we went for a short walk, and DH seemed fine until we were very close to home.  He did the collapsing on the ground thing so very close to the house.  But, he just could not get himself up.  I asked our neighbors for help, and we got him in the house.  Very shortly thereafter, he was fine.  Sleepy as usual, but no problem.  So, I gave him a snack and went to my OLLI class.  He seems fine now.  But, I'm thinking our walking days are pretty much over.  Maybe 10 - 15 minutes would work, but not 30 much less 45.

I have the salsa chicken in the crockpot so dinner will be a cinch.  

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

What an unhappy surprise you had regarding the estate guy,Linda. Still it's better to discover it now than later. Maybe you could try a couple short walks a day rather than the one longer walk. I didn't realize DH actually collapsed on the ground. Thankfully someone was nearby to help get him up. Do you carry your cellphone on the walks? Hope you get a good night's sleep. The kittens are on the loose again upstairs and getting a bit bolder every day.
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I take my cell phone with me on the walks.  So, if we were far from home, I could always call and get help from the EMTs.  

You are correct, I am glad that I found out about the estate guy before we got into a deeper mess.  It just upsets me so much that we were deceived by him.

I was just talking to his DD, and she said that this (not being able to control his limbs) is probably due to the dementia/Alzheimer's.  He goes to the doctor next week, and I will raise the issue.  This appointment is a follow-up to his hospital visit.  

Thank goodness I'm taking DH to the day services place tomorrow (I have a pot luck meeting to attend).  They do some exercises, which is a good thing.  And, I need another break.

The kittens sound pretty wild.  But, I bet they are very cute.

Respected Contributor

One kitten may be coming back. Arghh! Eileen's ll wants a $200 deposit for 2nd pet plus $100 more in rent. Rent is already $1050 and she's working a 2nd pt job. She'll try to get someone to take him (yes she's a he)over the weekend but...

I wondered if DH's latest problems might be related to the dementia. Such an awful situation. I'm glad he's able to go to the day services today. You definitely need a break. Maybe reconsider the number of days he goes to day services. My sister in MA spouse said her mother forgot how to climb steps. This was years ago. It is a terrible disease. I hope when you go over what the so called estate person set up that there are few if any changes that need made.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry that Eileen would have so many charges to keep the kitten Claudia.  Hope she can find someone else to take him rather than needing to return him to you.  How is R doing today?

DH has had trouble with stairs for quite a while.  That is why it is so fortunate that there are very few stairs in this area and our house is one story.   But, it certainly is a problem when we travel, etc.  I guess that I just need to accept reality, but it isn't easy.  I worry that lack of exercise will make him even more out of it.  

I am hoping that we can dissolve one trust/partnership, but the two others (revoakable living trusts, etc.) are okay.  I heard somewhere that a person with Alzheimer's can't change their will, etc.  Hope that isn't a problem for DH.  Not that I think any changes are needed to his will, but.....

I got him off to day services with no problem.  DD took my SIL for his treatment -- I didn't realize that it is just during the day.  Anyway, it is an outpatient place near a hospital in Virginia.  She said it took less than an hour and a half to get there, and everyone seems nice.  Virginia is like a foreign country to DD and me. LOL

It is oldest DGS' birthday today (22), and he managed to change his work schedule so he has the day off.  It is not just for a celebration day, but also so he can take the others around to school, shopping, etc.  I was proud of myself being able to text him Happy Birthday this year.

Hope you are feeling okay today, Barbara.  Our weather is nicer today than yesterday (not as cool/cold, but not hot).  

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Back from a haircut..it is so nice not to have to spend more time for color and highlights. I then went to toys r us and finished shopping for all except syd. I am going to head to our local bike shop to try and purchase her bike.

my head is much better today. And I am moving pain free.

linda...what a mess with the trust stuff. There are so many unethical people out there.and sorry about dhs physical/mobility issues. I agree with Claudia that shorter walks might be better. Enjoy your potluck today.  A extra day for dh might be good for both of you.

and happy bday to dgs...nice that you can text him.  Hope sills therapy goes well.

claudia..just what you need. A returned kitten,..not. That is a lot of money to pay for an extra animal. 

It it is chilly here today..only 32 when syd went to school and she did not want to wear a jacket.. Yikes.

middle school is coming.

have a great rest of the day.