Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of November 9

Good morning...made a quick trip to the bank and the grocery store. There was a lady in the store who was not functioning well...she was turning in circles and talking to herself.

i really dislike what has happened to mental health care in this country.

i am ready to go tomorrow. I am taking my small carry on back to bring a few more tops down. 

There was was a nice service for vets at our church yesterday afternoon. We sang a magnificent version of Battle Hymn of the Republic. A Korean vet told his story of being a prisoner during the war. 

Nothing else planned for today.

i will be back later.

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of November 9

Have a good trip tomorrow, Barbara.

Yes mental health care has gone downhill. Too many people fall through the cracks. My former office is on state hospital grounds and at one point I had the state hospital caseload. We used to do one time grants for people to leave the institution. One caseworker called to see if I'd come over to do the paperwork as they didn't trust the person on the grounds. My response was- then why are you discharging him.

It sounds like a very nice service, Barbara.

I see  Bob Evans has expanded their Veterans DAY offer to 5 choices. R may go there for breakfast.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Hope your trip goes well tomorrow, Barbara.  That service sounds nice.  I know that mental health issues/treatment are so very difficult.

I hope R is feeling better, Claudia.  I like Bob Evans, but I think I have only ordered a chicken salad there.  Very delicious.

Sorry I'm so late in posting -- busy day.  We took our walk, and then i had strong bones.  We had four new ladies and only two of us who have been attending regularly.  I ended up spending some time with the new ladies, and they may want to have more sessions -- two or three a week.  I told them that would not work for November.  And, December is probably too busy.  So, maybe in January.

I came home and DH and I went to the store.  The caregiver was a bit late (less than 10 minutes, but), and I was panicked.  Apparently, she had trouble finding the house.  Anyway, she was quite nice, and DH liked her.  I may use the service for the next bookclub, but I don't know about other times.

The bookclub was good, but I have a lot of notes to write.  Wish I had finished the book before the meeting, but I'll continue anyway since it is quite interesting.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda, I'm glad your DH liked the caregiver. That will make it easier when you need to use the service. What a surprise to have 4 new ladies at strong bones.

When the visiting nurse and pt person came here they were usually late once as much as 30 minutes.

It was cooler today but sunny. I started supplementing Adam's kitten's food. She is the smallest by far. The others gobble up the food. Mama cat and Tigger keep telling each other off. 

Hopefully R will feel well enough to go out to breakfast and then dinner Wednesday. Lunchtime he'll be at senior bowling and I will be taking the kittens for their 2nd series of shots.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  It is pretty windy out there today, and fairly cool -- highs only in the low 60's.  Guess I can't complain too much.

Hopefully, the caregiver will be prompt next time.  I feel that we are paying so much for the service, and it is not good for me to be late due to waiting for them.  

Today they celebrated Veteran's Day at the senior lunch program, and they brought people over from the day services for a dance performance.  We have a new food vendor, and I think people are happy with the change -- better food.

The salad bar was very busy, so my buddy had trouble keeping up with things.  Since she is out next week, I'll need to take over for her.  Trying not to stress out over it.

Hope that R does feel well enough to go out for breakfast and lunch tomorrow.  Also hope Adam's kitten will develop okay.  Sometimes the "runt/smallest one" ends up quite healthy later on.

Hope you can check-in when you reach MN, Barbara.  Good luck with your infusion.

DH is sleeping better, which is great.  But, his walking is getting worse.  I don't think he could handle a shopping cart or walker, unfortunately.  He started going too fast again this morning, and we stopped four times during the walk -- twice for him to sit down on a bench.  One of our neighbors came out and helped me get him on one bench, and he offered to help any time.  Nice guy.

Not sure if I'll go to the gym today or not -- decisions, decisions.  My back isn't perfect, but not too bad.  But, I'm not sure if DH is up to going out -- he hates the wind.

Have a good evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I am home..we got in 45 minutes early so I ran to the grocery store and have chili going for supper. Both m and s like that.  

The he house is very clean and all picked up 😄 M gets things to get her when I come home.

linda..I am wondering if you could not get both ot and pt for dh to help with his walking. My sil had both when she developed balance problems..of course, now she is bedridden. Can you call the respite care folks and tell about the tardiness yesterday????  Good luck next week with serving..that is not one of my skills..lol.

claudia..I also hope r gets to enjoy the vets day events tomorrow.

i had a goal d laugh..one of us got nailed by a speed camera in Iowa...75 dollars worth. I have the feeling it was me.but I will blame v.

enjoy your evening.

Respected Contributor

Of course it wasn't you, Barbara. It had to be V. Lol. R drives like he is still in his patrol car and usually gets pulled over when on a trip.

Cold and rainy today.

It's too bad a walker won't work for DH. It would be good to have a seat available when on a walk if no bench is in sight and using a walker might slow him down. At least he is sleeping better.

R used some spray foam on the gaps around the back interior door. It will need sanded down and a new door frame. I've been keeping a trouble making Pyr out of the kitchen.

I hand fed Adam's kitten some tinned food to make sure she got her share. Vet trip tomorrow while R is bowling.

Respected Contributor

Good morning. I thought the weather would be decent but tonight and tomorrow not so. We are to have heavy rain and maybe snow flurries. But it will warm up on Saturday.

syd was very excited to see me..so much that she shouted and talked very fast..fir a while. She is a very quiet kid normally.,so she slept with me and will do so while I am here.

v laughed about the speeding ticket..it was he who was driving.

my infusion is in a bit...need to run a couple of errands before.

it is Veterans Day..thanks to those in your families who have served both of you.

linda, I am glad that dh is sleeping better. Hope the walking issues work out. 

ClLaudia..hope the vet visit goes well.

i may br back

Respected Contributor

Hope the infusion went well, Barbara. It's funny to think of Syd so excited that she shouted and talked fast.

The gray kitten is the largest by far. 4.6 pounds at 11 1/2 weeks. The others range from 3.1 to 3.3. Shots are done till their final ones next month. TT's yearly shots are due next month so I went ahead and scheduled him.

R did senior bowling but didn't feel up to going out for breakfast or dinner. I have no idea what we'll have tonight.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope your infusion went well, Barbara.  That is funny about Syd's reaction to your return and also the speeding ticket.  

I decided not to take DH for a walk this morning, but we took a short one after the day services.  He really seems to be struggling with sitting, standing, etc.  Hope that does not continue.  

Sorry R wasn't up for breakfast or dinner, Claudia.  I had a dog who only weighed 4 pounds or so -- I know that many cats weigh quite a bit more than that.  Happy that the next to last shots are done.

It is very cool here today, and we may have a hard freeze tonight.  In addition to taking a walk and doing a couple of errands,  I spent time going up to the shopping plaza while DH was in the day services.  I was surprised to find that several stores were having big sales.  I bought him a couple of thermal shirts, a long sleeved T-shirt, and a flannel shirt.  Also bought him some slippers, and despite them being extra large and his size, they just do not fit.  Guess they will be going back.  

I found a pair of sandals on sale for $20, and I also bought some candles.  I was sort of looking for some short brown boots, but nothing was that comfortable.  Not that I need the boots, but....

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda