Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of November 6

I did see Leonard Cohen died, Barbara.

Having trouble with my post jumping all over the place if I try to go back and correct something.

It's not cold here which is surprising. I did manage to schedule TT for grooming and his shot updates next week. I'm glad I was able to schedule for times R won't be trying to hunt. 200 pounds with a mind of his own is not a good thing. He does listen to R.

Respected Contributor

Good morning. I made it to the bank, arranged for my ride to the airport tomorrow and got a birthday gift to take to a part later today.

m and Syd are at her dance convention..m said there are a lot of kids there.

Pepper just decided to join me.. She likes the iPad..lol. 

Tt tt is a big dog...will gryff be bigger???

Linda..hope you enjoyed your outing yesterday. 

I may may check back later.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  You have been busy, Barbara.  Nice of you to stay with Pepper while M and Syd are away.  I heard several reports about Leonard Cohen passing.  I am sorry for his fans and family.  While I knew some of the songs he wrote/performed, I had no memory of his name.  Unfortunately, that happens too often -- I only find out about great/interesting people when they pass.

I really liked the monastery trip -- lovely place.

Hope R does okay, Claudia, and you are feeling well.

Need to get out to visit DH now, but hope to post more later..  

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Griffyn I believe will be smaller than TT (thank goodness). I imagine he is around 125 pounds now. He may be smaller but he is determined.

Have a good flight back, Barbara.

Nothing much happening here. I'll settle for a few days of calm and boring.

Linda, I hope you enjoyed yesterday's trip.

Esteemed Contributor

Both TT and Griffyn weigh more than me, Claudia.  Yikes!  Of course, I am on the small side.  I am a fan of calm days myself.

Back from visiting DH -- he is okay, but I was pretty concerned.  When I first saw him, I noticed a band aid on his head.  Then I saw a couple of lumps in the back of his head, and something like a rope burn on his neck.  Nothing huge, but wow!  The caregiver came in, and I asked her what happened.  She had no idea, and she was upset as well.  To make a long story short, Both she and the other caregiver on duty did not know what happened, and there was no record made of a fall.  They called the night caregiver, who said the bandage was already there when he arrived at 11:00 p.m.  They had left at 7:00 yesterday.  So, the fall must have happened between 7:00 and 11:00 p.m.  That is a caregiver who only works on Friday.

A higher level caregiver/director came by to do a tour, and I asked to speak with her when she finished.  She was surprised, and promised to follow-up with the assistant director.  She also took pictures.  The first caregiver put ice on the lumps, and she took off the bandage.  There is a smallish cut, but no blood flowing.  I called hospice, and the nurse said the best idea was to leave the bandage off and keep up the ice.  She (weekend nurse) promised to stop by and see DH late this afternoon.  I hope to be there when she visits -- I'll go back to feed him dinner.

He has no memory of the fall and says he is not in pain.  And, when his DD talked to him, she said he seems fine.  But, they really need to call me when he falls, and they should be calling hospice as well.  Fortunately, I don't feel guilty about not visiting him yesterday since this happened after my normal visit time.  If they had called, I could have been there.  Oh well.....

DGS got the coat for DGD at Macy's, and DD took a picture.  Nice coat, and she (DGD) looked great.  I really like her current hair style -- long, but not as long, and relaxed curls.

Guess I should have lunch and get a few things done now.

Sleep well.

Respected Contributor

Linda, the staff really needs to get on the ball as far as reporting any falls. That's awful it wasn't reported. Mother's assisted living and the nursing home called every time there was a mishap. I would wonder if they're short on staffing.

I bet your DGD looked lovely.