Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of November 6

Good afternoon!  Hope you made it home safely, Barbara.  I am sorry M had that problem with her account, but good that you could help her.  

I have very little from my Mom -- a few pieces of china and glasses.  And, I already gave some to DD when I moved.  Have no  clue about the value other than sentimental value.  Funny thing, I went to a consignment store near the senior lunch program this morning (where I purchased a couple of things), and all I really liked was china.  Talk about not a need!  I decided I'll just look and admire.  Good for you with saving money by not spending on clothes, shoes, etc.  I have tried doing that for a month at a time, but several months would probably not work for me unless I really did not have the money.  At least I am not spending nearly what I did in the past.

Hope R is getting settled, Claudia.  Sorry you needed to pay for Adam's truck.  

Really hope the election stuff is over quickly, but I'm afraid both of you may well be correct.

I went to the caregiver first thing yesterday to ask about DH's shoes.  Much to my surprise, she had cleaned them very nicely and put them outside to dry.  Whew!  However, I decided to buy him another pair, just for back-up.  I found the same type (I hope) at Amazon for nearly half price of the ones he got from the podiatrist.

DH was a little unstable yesterday, and I was concerned about a fall.  But, I guess he is okay (no calls).

The senior lunch program went well, and I'm about to leave for the gym. Then I'll visit DH.

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda, I'm glad the shoes were okay. It is a good idea though to have a back up pair.

I had R call the VA clinic to see if the insurance form was ready. Someone there took it upon themselves to send the form to Erie to his counselor who sent it back addressed to his gp who has filled it out other years. The clinic just doubled in size so probably one of new employees made that decision. If we do not hear by tomorrow we'll stop in with a photocopy of the form.

We have been covering Adam's truck payment plus the student loans this past year. He plans to take over the truck loan soon. We felt we needed to cover those or he'd find himself so deep in the whole financially he'd never get out. Fingers crossed there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Hope you arrived home on time, Barbara. I know Sydnie will be delighted.

Esteemed Contributor

I totally understand about your helping Adam out, Claudia.  It is so hard to think about your children getting into a total financial mess.  I'm paying for DGS' car as well as my sister-in-law's car.  Basically, paying two car loans despite using DH's car which he paid cash for.  At least I don't have a third car payment.  Also helping out with several other of DD's expenses.  Like you, I'm hoping for that light at the end of the tunnel.  But, I'm very glad I am able to help.

Sorry about the mix-up with R's form.  I need to send off a POA form for DH's brokerage accounts with a different broker.  Very complicated situation.  Now I know I should have paid more attention to his accounts than I did.  Oh well.....

DH was doing pretty well yesterday, but choked on water or air at dinner -- he didn't have any food in his mouth at the time.  I was pretty concerned, but he seemed fine by the time I left.  The news it that javelina are hanging out right near his facility.  I sure don't want to tangle with one of them.

I didn't get to bed until quite late, or at least I did not get to sleep until quite late.  So, I'll probably be very sleepy this afternoon in my foreign policy class.  It is nice an sunny here, but quite windy.  Trash and plant/tree pieces are flying all over the place.  I'll need to do a bunch of sweeping when the wind dies down.  That may not be until later in the week.

Hope you are doing okay, Barbara, and the infusion really helped.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I made it home uneventfully..I did not have time to post because Sydnie arrived 5 minutes after I did and she basically chattered until she went yo sleep. She had a lot of things to tell me..lol.

stayed up tonwatchnthe reruns but could not watch it after about 30 minutes. 😖

I had had my infusion this morning and then did a grocery store run to get some food I can fix for us. M rarely cooks so Sydnie looks forward to real food when I am home.

M had heard nothing about her new job..so she is kind of down. She found out yesterday that a requirement for work at home is a work area that can be locked. Our house is pretty open and all of the bedrooms have beds. She tends to take things she is told and make them the very worse possibility. Yikes.

Pepper went crazy when she saw me...lots of puppy kisses. Yuck.

It is good that we can help our kids..m is balking at accepting our offer.

Linda...glad the shoes could be rescued..glad dh was ok after his coughing fit.hope you stay awake this afternoon. Good luck with the paperwork. For dhs account.

Claudia..hope your day goes well.

enjoy

Respected Contributor

I thought Sydnie and Pepper might keep you busy, Barbara. Glad you had the infusion. 

It's cold and rainy here. R's back is acting up. Probably because he helped to carry logs at camp. Bowling certainly didn't help. My allergies are still acting up. I remember the last time I raked the leaves were damp. That maybe why my allergies didn't act up.

It's too bad M is down. Hopefully she'll hear some good news.

Linda, I'm sure the paperwork for DH's accounts is a nightmare. Eventually it will straighten out. Good for you helping with the vehicle payments. They can be such a large expense when you're not earning much. I'm glad DH was okay after choking.

Respected Contributor

It is another lovely day. Every day with some warmth and no snow is a gift up here. pepper is outside playing in the leaves.

i went to knit this morning...it was good to see everyone and we had a lot of laughs. My headache got pretty bad so I left early and took some medication and feel,better now.

Syd wants me to go her dance convention this weekend so I will on Saturday.,it is 40 dollars but should be interesting.There are some big name coreographers who will teach the classes.

Syd wants home made mac and cheese for dinners I will make that.

Claudia hope rs back is better today...M was better last night. 

Pepper er will now into her kennel when told to. I did find her on the coffee table today.

Linda..read on the other thread about dhs fall. Glad he is ok..enjoy your class this afternoon.

i need to go completed Sydnie fundraiser pizza order. Hope my brain works.

Enjoy your day

Respected Contributor

R headed off to camp in spite of his back bothering him. Earlier he had his appointment with the urologist. The Lupron shot is bringing the psa down which is good. The bad is the excessive fatigue is a side effect.

On the way home we stopped by the local VA clinic. The doctor received the form back from Erie but has not filled it out yet. It will be next week before we can send it on to the insurance company.

Barbara, glad you were able to enjoy knitting in spite of your headache. Hope you're feeling better by the time you go to Sydnie's dance convention.

It's a good thing Pepper is small. At least she can't get up on the counter. When I tell Griff to go to his place he will usually walk into his crate. This morning he and TT got into a squabble over an empty water dish of all things. I had to drag Griff into the kitchen to separate them. Not easy as TT was following but I managed.

No and Griff are barking g now as the water company is working across the street.

Linda, I'm glad DH wasn't hurt and the staff was able to get him up.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope your headache is gone or going by now, Barbara.  Like Claudia, I hope you are feeling okay by the time of the dance weekend.  Did I mention that one of the caregivers told me that "Larry" at DH's place was a choreographer from Hollywood?  Not sure if that is true or not.  He was pretty wild today.  

I would rather not have a bunch of puppy kisses myself, but you know how puppies are.

Glad R's shots are helping, Claudia.  But, it is too bad about the side effects.  Also sorry the form is still not completed.  I found out that people on hospice only need to have their TB test every five years rather than every year if there was no problem the last time.  Happy about that since I was a bit concerned how he would handle an x-ray.  It was hard enough last year.  Hope R is okay at camp.

Fortunately, DH was okay when I visited this afternoon.  But, he is very nervous about getting up and down from the chair.  Otherwise, he was in good spirits.  The caregiver told me he ate lunch well, and another caregiver told me that he is happily eating the Halloween candy I brought him.  Guess I'll buy another bag of candy.

He talked to both kids today -- I had sent an e-mail to them about his fall, etc., and his son asked me to call him when I visited.  He is difficult to get on the phone compared to his DD, and there is the time difference.  Currently two hours, but it had been three.

Army DGS had several calls or texts on election day, and he told DD not to be surprised if he were deployed in 6 - 9 weeks.  I am wondering if things will change due to the change in administration, but who knows.   There are so many things up in the air at this point.

DGD found a coat at Macy's, so I'll be sending the money so DGS can buy it with his discount.  It sounds nice -- wool and cashmere, etc.  Brand name, but I can't remember the brand.

I made it to the gym this morning, and then to class before visiting DH.  A large group of ladies from the adult day services were visiting his facility since there are at least three of their former attendees there.  They insisted on a hug, and DH kissed every one since he associates kissing with hugs.  I think they were surprised, but.....

As I mentioned on the other thread, this extremely nice man in my Wednesday class asked about DH yesterday.  He said he thought I did a wonderful job caring for DH, and gave me a hug.  How sweet is that?  He actually had tears in his eyes.

I'm going on a day trip to a Greek monastery tomorrow (senior lunch program trip).  And we will be going to a Greek restaurant after the tour.  I am not sure where it is, but i know the restaurant is in Florence.  Since I won't be back until late, I am not planning to visit DH.  I told the caregiver and DH, so I hope he won't be upset.  

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I had my hair done tis morning..it needed a good reshaping. I am not going to syds dance thing...pepper would have to in her kennel and since she will be locked up all week next week, I want to give her some freedom. Plus I forgot the banks are closed today and that is a need tomorrow. 

Claudia, give r a hug for serving our country.

My head is still annoying...but not as bad as it has been.

One of my musical muses..Leonard Cohen just died. I have sung a lot of his songs...love his music.

Linda..what a nice compliment to get and well deserved. I hope you enjoy the monastery trip..I have visited there,,very beautiful and peaceful. We are only about 15 miles from there. Nice of you to get dgs her coat. Hope dgs doesn't have to be deployed. 

Claudia..hope your day s going well. 

It it is cooler today..I have layers on.

enjoy your day.

Respected Contributor

YFingers crossed on the possible deployment, Linda. Enjoy your trip. I'm sure DH will do fine and be happy to see you tomorrow.

R may be back tomorrow evening but more likely Sunday. I got a call yesterday that his back was bothering him quite a bit. Riding on the back of an a tv up to camp surely didn't help.

I have to admit I haven't done much today- only what had to be done. Tomorrow hope I can get more done.

Barbara, good of you to give Pepper some free time. At some point she'll be old enough to be trusted out of the crate.

Linda, that was a very nice compliment.