Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of November 13

I am in the Delra lounge enjoying a Bloody Mary and some soup. I am looking forward to getting back to some warm weather. Rain and snow could be here next weekend.

I had a good visit here..Syd was very happy to see me.She danced for over 4 hours yesterday and will do about the same. Yikes.

Linda..that was not good that you were not informed of dhs fall. It is law here that any falls etc must be reported to the family. Hope you get some clarification on that.

Claudia..hope you had a couple of days of peace and quiet. It may not have happened with the boys. 

Hope ped my joints improve...the cool weather has t been nice to me.

Have a greatvday

Honored Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of November 13

HI everybody, it's Sunday,

http://quotesgram.com/funny-shopping-quotes-and-sayings/

Respected Contributor

R got home about 7 pm last night. The dogs were delirious.Griff even climbed up on R's recliner so he could reach him easier. Picture dog in the recliner standing on his hind legs.

I just finished wished cleaning up the back yard and hauling the garbage out to the curb. Now I just need the ambition to bring the laundry up from the cellar to the 2nd floor. Winter clothes take up much more space than summer clothes.

Barbara, I know you will be happy to be back in AZ. Sydney certainly is busy with school and dance. How does she like her new school?

I hope this week to contact the garbage company about a pickup for the treadmill remains, dresser chewed by Griff when teething, an old 50's style toy storage, etc. When you add things to the usual trash pickup they won't take things if you don't give a list of what you're putting out.

Respected Contributor

This morning I woke up to my left hip and upper leg that has the titanium rod hurting. Usually it's the right hip that I fell on several years ago. I guess it's telling me winter is on the way.

Nice graphic, meallen.

Linda, I hope you got some answers even though it's the weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope you are back in Arizona and feeling better, Barbara.  It is not hot here, but very pleasant (in the 70's).  I think that cold can bring out some aches and pains in me as well, so I'm happy that it isn't cold here so far.    

Syd is certainly busy.  Glad you had a chance to visit.  Will you be returning for Thanksgiving?

R certainly got a nice dog reception, Claudia.  Sorry you are achy.  Hope they do pick up those pieces of "special" trash.  I found that it costs quite a bit to have a special pick-up here ($150 or so).  Glad the workers took things away when I had the house painted.

Nice graphic, meallen.  

I'm still not happy about what happened with DH.  The hospice nurse arrived shortly after I went back in the late afternoon to feed him dinner.  They still had no information on what happened, but I'm sure it was a fall.  The hospice nurse said something like there would be trouble about the lack of recording what happened/calling me or them.  So, maybe there is a law requiring that families be informed here.  I'm sure I'll find out more tomorrow when I talk to the director.

Anyway, the hospice nurse decided to spray the cut on his head with wound spray and put a bandage on just to avoid him scratching or whatever.  She said the ice should help get rid of the lumps on the back of his head.  But, she was most concerned about the sort of ring around his neck.  She ended up sending pictures to the doctor who decided it was contact dermatitis rather than shingles like she was concerned about.  He will have a cortisone cream for that (four times a day.)  

He seems okay, but very nervous about getting up and down from chairs.  Also, when I went there today after I had been at the gym, he was obviously wet (through his pants and on his chair).  After I said something, the caregivers did change him, but his lunch was cold by the time he could eat it.  Also, there is a new resident who does a lot of wandering around and goes into other people's rooms.  She actually gets into their beds.  Very nice lady, but wow!  I think she is even more out of control than "Larry".  While I was there, both the lady and Larry opened the door o DH's room and started to come in.  And, the lady went into a different ladies' room when she had visitors.  Got into the bed, etc.

I do think they need more or at least better staff on the weekends.  The assistant caregiver on Saturdays is good, but I'm not crazy about the main caregiver during the day.  She seems a bit slow moving, which doesn't work well when you have "wanderers".  

Off that subject, today is oldest DGS' birthday (23) -- certainly makes me feel old.  And, the other two boys have birthdays next month.  

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Hope everyone is feeling well.

I stopped by DH's facility this morning (during my walk), and talked to the hospice caregiver.  She was surprised about DH's cut, etc., and also that no one had reported it to hospice or even recorded it.  DH was very shaky when she gave him a shower, and he was leaning to one side.  She also found a red mark on his back.  She asked him if he was in pain, and he said yes, but then didn't remember having any pain.  She put him in the wheelchair to eat breakfast, and she said she was calling the regular hospice nurse to know what was happening.  

I talked to the caregivers, and I guess the cream for his neck had not arrived, but they did put on some OTC cream that I had purchased. 

After I got home, I called the facility, and I'll be meeting with the director and assistant director at 10:30.  

Not sure if I'll have a chance to post later since I have a bookclub meeting.  But, I'll try.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon. I had to run errands and set up some massages. Wally World was very slow..everyone seemed to have those stupid coupon matches...yikes. 

M called and wants to come here for turkey day so I got them tickets using points...those renew so it does not cost us any additional cash. She got set hours at work...no flexibility at all and she has to take an hour lunch. Her boss surely lacks people management skills. I hope she gets the new job..she will find out this week.

Linda...that is very odd that the facility knows nothing about dhs injuries...I hope you get some answers. If they are good, they will find out. Enjoy your book club.

Claudia..hope r has recovered from his weekend. 

I have pork chops for dinner..not my favorite but v loves them

enjoy your day

Respected Contributor

Really hoping M gets the job, Barbara. I agree with you that it's very odd no one knows about how Linda's DH got his injuries. I suspect someone knows but is not willing to admit it.

This morning was chilly but it warmed up to 60. I picked up cat food at Tractor Supply. The coupon I had was about to run out. Also dropped a couple bags of donations at the Salvation Army.

When I cleaned up the yard I checked the garage to see what could be put out for a rubbish pick up. We will need to move some things out in order to move the utility trailer forward a bit. Several things are wedged behind it.

Esteemed Contributor

Still no answers about how DH was injured.  The director said that he had been told that DH might have caused the cut on top of his head by scratching.  And, no one had seen him fall.  I told him that DH had bumps on the back of his head in addition to the cut on the top.  He came over and looked at DH head/neck, and went through the record.  No mention of a fall, and the scratch idea was just something a caregiver speculated about when he came on duty at 11:00 and saw the bandage.  He said he will look into it more, but I'm not optimistic since I think that someone is not talking/hiding the truth.  I called the hospice nurse since his medicine had not arrived, and she found that the weekend nurse delivered it on Sunday.  She said that if no one can find it, they may need to order it again.  Also, she may visit him before her regular Thursday visit.

Fortunately, he was a lot calmer when I went back and fed him lunch.  And, we walked around quite a bit.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Respected Contributor

Like you, I think someone is hiding the truth, Linda. I'm glad DH was calmer today.

Today I got quite a bit accomplished- at least for me. I managed to get the old vanity out of the attic and downstairs without mishap. The queen size headboard from Adam's bed I need help with. Adam shortsightedly let a housemate have it when he moved back a couple years ago. I also brought down a couple faux wreaths and garlands to take to GoodWill. Then raked, cleaned up the yard, and went to the store. Add refilling R's weekly pill box to the list.

Tomorrow I'll drop the items off at GoodWill when we take TT to be groomed. On the way back we'll stop at the local VA clinic to check on the insurance form.

R is about to go to Tuesday night bowling.

Barbara, I hope you had a good day.