Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of NOVEMBEr 29

R just came in to say the pipe under the kitchen sink is shot so we can't use the sink. Argh.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh dear about the kitchen sink, Claudia.  There is a TV ad here that says the kitchen faucet is the most used appliance in the house.  I know how much I missed having the kitchen sink when I was having the cabinets replaced.  It seems like there is always something that needs repair in the house.  Glad the refrigerator is working at least.  I do wonder about R's shoes -- I think it can make a difference sometimes.  Are you getting the kitten back from your sister today?

Hi Barbara -- glad you were able to get some fish, and the store wasn't too crowded.  Sorry about the electric cart drivers. 

DGD loves her new computer, and she sent me an e-mail thanking me.  Her brother (middle guy) was helping her set it up.  He is very good with computers.  Today is his Reserves holiday party, and DD and my SIL will be going to lunch with them at a restaurant.  Lots of driving involved -- hope the weather is okay.  I think they had snow and ice last year.  Apparently, he is working hard to pass the next PT test, which is good.

Meanwhile, oldest DGS has seen an adviser, and he knows what classes he needs to take to graduate this spring.  I really hope that happens.  They decided he needs to take another lab science since the one he took at the first college would not satisfy their requirements.  I don't understand, since it was physics and no easy class, but.... Anyway, he enjoys his Macy's job now, and he has applied to work there after the holidays.  DD said that he is good at selling in the men's department, and he likes it that he can work around his school schedule.

DH and I have a holiday party for my OLLI classes this afternoon, and I'll be doing my regular laundry and financial stuff.  He seems a little more "with it" today, thank goodness.  

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good morning...I am working on getting the floors swept and steamed. V has a holiday bridge luncheon and then we have a Christmas dinner here. He may not be back in time but we shall see. I am very tired today so plan on not doing a lot other than the floors and some laundry.

Linda, glad dh is more intact today. Hope dd enjoys the luncheon. Glad dgs likes his job...colleges can be pretty stringent about what courses you can transfer in. Enjoy your lunch.

claudia..oh no about he kitchen sink. I hope that gets repaired fast. V needs some new shoes..but he hates the price they charge. We have a very good store at home that specializes in medical shoes. Is the kitten you gave Eileen back???

enjoy your day.... M recorded syds solo and it is awesome. I hope she does well in her competitions.

enjoy your day.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope the dinner is nice, Barbara.  Sorry you are so tired -- probably achy as well.

Great news about Syd's solo.  Does V have diabetes?  I ask because apparently you are entitled to a new pair of shoes every year if you do (under Medicare and some insurance.)  Your doctor needs to say that it is a need, I think.  That is why the podiatrist and the medical supply company carry a bunch of shoes.  DH doesn't have diabetes, so we need to pay the price (this pair is $150, but ones with more inserts cost $180).  Anyway, just a thought.

Respected Contributor

Oh I'm glad M recorded Syd's solo so you could see it. Take it easy today. Barbara. I hope you enjoy the Christmas dinner.

Griff was feeling better this morning. Just as I was leaving to get Fitz the kitten I heard a noise from the kitchen. Sometime after I went to bed last nightAdam brought home a boc of 6 filled KrispyCreme doughnuts with chocolate frosting. He put them in a previously safe place. Griff had reached the box, stole one, and ran to hide his head in his food dish. I managed to pry the intact doughnut out of mouth. I certainly don't need another emergency trip. Especially since we would need to go to the emergency clinic in Erie. Except for being sleepy Griff is back to his normal self.

Mama cat recognized her kitten when he ventured out of the pet carrier. At first he was reluctant to venture out but his siblings stuck their heads in. That made Eileen feel better.

We got a letter yesterday that the VA rejected R's home healthcare pt and visits. Strange considering they set it up. Something about the coding. R will have to call Monday after we get back from his dental appt.

Linda, it sounds like a busy weekend for DD and family. I'm hapy your DH is having a good day.